Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - The Video Game

Yes, its aracadey. Yes, its looks a little corny. However, its a damn OLYMPIC GAME! 😄

I've been waiting for the next one in the pipeline ever since I played the shit out of Athens 2004 and many a night on International Track and Field back in the day with my mates, bashing the shit out of the controller. The great news is that its up to 8 players online so a decent size for many an FG night of hilarious games trying to beat each other at whatever sport is up next.

There's 18 events, not in any order btw:

• 4 x 100M Relay
  • 110M Hurdles
  • Football
  • 200M Individual Medley
  • Boxing
  • Beach Volleyball
  • Table Tennis
  • Tennis
  • Sport Climbing
  • 100M
  • 100M Freestyle
  • Hammer Throw
  • Baseball
  • Rugby Sevens
  • Basketball
  • Judo
  • Long Jump
  • BMX

Its availble on June 22nd, although I've tried to pre-order after I received my email and the website is still showing that they've not got the links for retailers to buy it from.

Anyone else fancy some hilarious games on an FG night???! Can't believe they have Rugby Sevens ffs! 🤣

This game is out in a few days and only £27 from The Game Collection, so at that price i'm hoping we can get a lot of us on this over the coming days and weeks!

9 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This game is out in a few days and only £27 from The Game Collection, so at that price i'm hoping we can get a lot of us on this over the coming days and weeks!

It allows you to play with a maximum of 8 people. Which is a shame but better than 4. If a few people say they'll pick it up then I will too👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

16 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

It allows you to play with a maximum of 8 people. Which is a shame but better than 4. If a few people say they'll pick it up then I will too👍

Yep, I'm having to be happy that its at least 8 whereas most games these days are going for 3 or 4 players max which is a killer. 8 should be pretty fun actually and it all depends on how many pick the game up in the first place.

7 minutes ago, IRaMPaGe said:

International Track And Field was iconic. I remember being at a friend's playing it on PS1. We used to rub a glass marble along square and circle for full speed. Some of the triple jump and high jump records we set were nuts! 😄

Oh mate, yes it was! @Findmartin  and I over the years just used to smash the shit out of our controllers trying to get the World Records on everything. I wish they could've brought back lots more athletics sports in the games like Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault and even longer distance things too. I actually think if someone just revamped Athens 2004 video game it would be insane due to how many great sports were in that one too! This one is clearly a little more arcadey, give it has football and rugby in it 🤦‍♂️ but there should be enough for us to have a real good laugh at.