Eternals - Discussion Thread

RenFengge

Doesn't give too much away at all. This one is the one I really want to succeed given how much I loved the Avengers movies. We need a new group to feel like you can follow so I'm keeping everything crossed for this. Although the last part was strange. I thought they were set thousands of years before Avengers but they reference them in the past tense so I suppose thats a good thing as they can meet with the other heros now.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I thought they were set thousands of years before Avengers but they reference them in the past tense so I suppose thats a good thing as they can meet with the other heros now.

Sort of... yeah. But eventually, they intertwined with Thor and X-Men. There's a storyline with them an Celestials, which a lot of us know about because of the Dark Phoenix saga in the comics.

Random theory could be that this is how MCU starts to explain mutants showing up in the MCU world, then we get the X-Men...

We have to remember that MCU is also thinking about Phase 5, whatever that is.. and if they are setting up X-Men to be the group in Phase 5, this is one way to do it.

Phase 4 looks like it will be about the next set of Avengers, Young Avengers, East Coast/West Coast Avengers.

2 hours ago, techno said:

Well this thread is the first positive views I've seen about this film. 

Here's definitely a differing view.

Tbf, I did think it was dull and inviting...but my half-full atitude wants to think they did that on purpose. Marvel aren't stupid, and I think they've downplayed the trailer because they want a better reaction in the cinema. It feels similar to Sonic vibes when they cocked up the trailer. Thats just my opinion though....and i'm praying its right cos it would be a nightmare if this divebombed!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb