FG League - Team Championship?

jordie1892

Just now, jordie1892 said:

Just had a brief look through the manufacturers, seems like sticking to GR3 and GR4 definitely gives us the most options. Quite a few options including N 300 too, depends what people want to do?

I'd go with sticking to that then!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

There may be a couple missing as the resource I found was from Nov 2020...

Full list of manufacturers with GR3 and GR4 options:

Spoiler

Alfa Romeo
Aston Martin
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Citroen
Dodge
Ferrari
Ford
Honda
Hyundai
Jaguar
Lamborginhi
Lexus
Mazda
McLaren
Mercedes
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Peugeot
Porsche
RenaultSport
Subaru
Toyota
Volkswagen

Full list of manufacturers with GR3, GR4 and N 300 options:

Spoiler
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Dodge
Ferrari
Ford
Honda
Hyundai
Jaguar
Mazda
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Porsche
RenaultSport
Subaru
Toyota

5 minutes ago, jordie1892 said:

There may be a couple missing as the resource I found was from Nov 2020...

Full list of manufacturers with GR3 and GR4 options:

Reveal hidden contents

Full list of manufacturers with GR3, GR4 and N 300 options:

Reveal hidden contents

That list will be accurate as no N300 cars have been added since then as far as I'm aware. So, I'd say forget about N300 as not enough choice.

From the top list there's a dozen decent manufacturers and we can remove the worst ones when you do the 'draw' or or whatever way is decided.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

56 minutes ago, jordie1892 said:

I'm all in for next season! Though don't recall ever finishing ahead of @GazzaGarratt in a race 🤔😂

Think all looks pretty fair based from the current list we know will be participating. As Lee said having people miss the occasional race will be unavoidable, so we can only do our best here.

Currently still awaiting confirmation either way from the following list. Think we should call 24th May the cut off so we have time to prepare.

@Shucker  

@LordBaguette

@tronic44 

@Agent_gsv (don't know the forum name😂

@Teenwolf25  

@Stretch616  

@Misneach_

@TonyAE86  

@Spacedeck

@techno

@TheMuggySpud

@Findmartin

@Diddums

-----

Think that about covers it:

- I figure we should give free reign rather than preselecting the manufacturers, just gives the teams more options! I'm assuming the manufacturer would need GR2, GR3, GR4, possibly a lower category if there are enough options? I can take a look at options after work tonight.

- I can randomize the draft order on Monday once teams are absolutely final using https://wheelofnames.com/

- Think deciding on the races is better suited to either yourself or @phil bottle

I'm unable to participate in anything like this due to work but appreciate the tag.

2 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

Does anyone have a definitive list of manufacturers which covers the required race car groups?

The full list https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/carlist/

In the 2 minutes I tried, I couldn't get it to paste in to Excel correctly.  I did find a list I could but it only covers 280 of the 320 cars in the game.  This gives the below

1400091292_CarClasses.thumb.jpg.a80b62bf0aba2ca14b3921131af4bd13.jpg

Edit: Whoops didn't realise there was a page 3 and this had already been answered - derp!

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 hours ago, jordie1892 said:

I'm all in for next season! Though don't recall ever finishing ahead of @GazzaGarratt in a race 🤔😂

In the, I think 4, races you both finished you did beat Lee in 1 race.  So in those 4 races, Lee has a better average than you but his average gets dragged down through all the other races as he had some shockers.

That probably does mean Lee should rank above you as he beat you in 75% of races you both entered.  But without doing some horrendously complex comparison of how often each of us beat everyone else that I've got no idea how to do - I can't think of a better way than the way I did it.

34 minutes ago, Greboth said:

In the, I think 4, races you both finished you did beat Lee in 1 race.  So in those 4 races, Lee has a better average than you but his average gets dragged down through all the other races as he had some shockers.

That probably does mean Lee should rank above you as he beat you in 75% of races you both entered.  But without doing some horrendously complex comparison of how often each of us beat everyone else that I've got no idea how to do - I can't think of a better way than the way I did it.

There's so many variables, it's incredibly difficult to account for everything. I put it down to the @GazzaGarratt controller/wheel conundrum!😂

1 hour ago, jordie1892 said:

There's so many variables, it's incredibly difficult to account for everything. I put it down to the @GazzaGarratt controller/wheel conundrum!😂

Nah Lees shit,  not worried

On 5/19/2021 at 7:18 AM, Greboth said:

So I've updated the rankings to include the last 2 league races.  It's calculated on the last 20 races as this pretty much covers the whole Spring league but I'm open to change this number if people have a better idea.  Where people haven't done 20 races, I've counted all the races they did enter.

This gives the following ranking

1. Kiwi

2. Greboth

3. @Mikepjbell

4. Agent_gsv

5. James

6. @phil bottle

7. @Shucker

8.  Jordie

9.  Tom @LordBaguette

10. Rich @tronic44

11. Clive @Teenwolf25

12. Lee @GazzaGarratt

13. @Stretch616

14. Matt

15. @TonyAE86

16. @crispymorgan

17. Paul @slamminbones

18. Macca @Macca89

19. @Spacedeck

20. Gary @techno

21. Cal @TheMuggySpud

I've tagged everyone so hopefully people will say if they will be making more races going forward but removing those who haven't done many races, running the teams as first & last, 2nd and 2nd last etc.  It makes the preliminary teams;

Team 1: Kiwi and Macca

Team 2: Greboth and Paul

Team 3: Mike and Crispy

Team 4: James and Lee

Team 5: Phil and Jordie

This does depend on a few things like if Matt @Misneach_ is planning to make more races after his move?

@jordie1892 are you still planning to make more races if we're doing teams?

James @Lurch   You've made quite a few races but not all of them so not sure if you want to commit to a team championship or not, and

@JBR Kiwi You've mentioned a couple times about not being around for races going forward for obvious reason so unsure whether I should be including you.

FG League Average(1).xlsx 38.7 kB · 3 downloads

Yes I’ll be trying to attend after June 17th.  I feel like the team thing will give me a better shot of not being completely horrible 

19 hours ago, Misneach_ said:

Yes I’ll be trying to attend after June 17th.  I feel like the team thing will give me a better shot of not being completely horrible 

Looking forward to seeing you again bud!

Might need to check with you guys to understand when the new season starts then! @phil bottle @Mikepjbell  @jordie1892  @Greboth I know you lot are looking into all of this so what would really help is the full list of all the races and also not losing sight that we still are doing the individual mini league as well as this team championship. I'd love to get the race events up each week so we can get started on the infographics and all that jazz.

I'm still working on getting the developer to create the league within our tournaments section if possible but if not I can help show someone what I do to create the tables that are embedded into some of the posts you've seen (and on the Game Hub GT Sport page).

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I thought it was going to be around the end of June we started the summer league?

Though it would be good to sort what manufacturers we’re using soon as I imagine each team is going to want a chance to discuss which to choose.  @jordie1892  are you still doing the random draw to decide the order or would you like me to do it?

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

I thought it was going to be around the end of June we started the summer league?

Though it would be good to sort what manufacturers we’re using soon as I imagine each team is going to want a chance to discuss which to choose.  @jordie1892  are you still doing the random draw to decide the order or would you like me to do it?

Randomly generated selection order is as follows - 

1 - Kiwi & Macca

2 - Greboth & Paul

3 - Phil & Jordie

4 - Mike & Crispy

5 - James & Lee

List of manufacturers to choose from is as follows:

Alfa Romeo
Aston Martin
Audi
BMW
Chevrolet
Citroen
Dodge
Ferrari
Ford
Honda
Hyundai
Jaguar
Lamborginhi
Lexus
Mazda
McLaren
Mercedes
Mitsubishi
Nissan
Peugeot
Porsche
RenaultSport
Subaru
Toyota
Volkswagen

If we are using manufacturers, what's happening to all the others that turn up? Are they allowed free reign over all cars because they'll be in the championship too but just with whoever turns up first? Rather know now before we nudge people and they ask what they are supposed to be using 👍

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I said before that I think it should run similar to touring car/gt racing.  The manufacturers race their cars but privateers can buy cars from whichever manufacturer they want and then race themselves.

This does rule out people out of the team championship but realistically they are anyway if they’re only making a handful of races.

So we in teams will pick different manufacturers in the order Jordie randomised.  Everyone else still has to pick a manufacturer but has free reign to pick whichevrr one they want.

6 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I said before that I think it should run similar to touring car/gt racing.  The manufacturers race their cars but privateers can buy cars from whichever manufacturer they want and then race themselves.

This does rule out people out of the team championship but realistically they are anyway if they’re only making a handful of races.

So we in teams will pick different manufacturers in the order Jordie randomised.  Everyone else still has to pick a manufacturer but has free reign to pick whichevrr one they want.

That makes sense and we can do a privateer league for those guys too so they have something to compete for.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Excellent work @jordie1892  🤗

@Mikepjbell  let me know about races, if you haven't the time I'll sort it this evening 👍

Yep @Greboth first new season race will be the return of @Misneach_

I'll get on this tomorrow sir if that's workable? I've neglected to do this as of yet but intend on getting it done