LEEEEROYYYYYY JENNNKINS

Let me tell you a story. 

In World Of Warcraft classic, you need world buffs to be competitive and push progression. What's a world buff you ask? Well, it's a buff that's obtained out in the world. There are a few of them and they generally last one to two hours, and if you die, you lose them all. These buffs are immensely powerful, to the point that without them, you're not progressing until your whole raid's gear is very high level. Acquiring them is a monumental pain in the ass as you need to be in certain places at certain times, and often cost quite a bit of gold. It can take hours, or even a full day to get them all, depending on how dedicated you are.

Anyway.

So I'm in AQ40 (a 40 man raid) and we're facing the final boss. It's progression night. This is literally the only guy left in the whole raid and although I'm filling in a spot for someone who couldn't make it, these guys spent weeks getting to this point. Everyone's buffed. People have spent hundreds of gold, and countless hours getting their buffs and shit ready for this fight. 

Now the boss is a big eyeball in a square room. At the front of the room, the wall has a gap in it, this is where you enter to start the fight. Now as soon as the boss sees you, he fires off a laser beam which will kill almost anything one-shot. Even the toughest tanks struggle. It then, within a matter of seconds, wipes out the rest of the raid. 

So we're all standing to the side of the gap so the boss can't see us (LOS as we call it, or Line of Sight), discussing tactics and whatnot.

I bump my keyboard. My character moves 2ft to the right.

ZAP.

Entire raid killed. All world buffs gone, people have repair bills, and we have to spend the next 45 mins getting our shit together. The boss does not die that night.

I took Deadums to a whole new level I did. 

And yes, this is a true story. 

banlol.png

11 hours ago, Diddums said:

Let me tell you a story. 

In World Of Warcraft classic, you need world buffs to be competitive and push progression. What's a world buff you ask? Well, it's a buff that's obtained out in the world. There are a few of them and they generally last one to two hours, and if you die, you lose them all. These buffs are immensely powerful, to the point that without them, you're not progressing until your whole raid's gear is very high level. Acquiring them is a monumental pain in the ass as you need to be in certain places at certain times, and often cost quite a bit of gold. It can take hours, or even a full day to get them all, depending on how dedicated you are.

Anyway.

So I'm in AQ40 (a 40 man raid) and we're facing the final boss. It's progression night. This is literally the only guy left in the whole raid and although I'm filling in a spot for someone who couldn't make it, these guys spent weeks getting to this point. Everyone's buffed. People have spent hundreds of gold, and countless hours getting their buffs and shit ready for this fight. 

Now the boss is a big eyeball in a square room. At the front of the room, the wall has a gap in it, this is where you enter to start the fight. Now as soon as the boss sees you, he fires off a laser beam which will kill almost anything one-shot. Even the toughest tanks struggle. It then, within a matter of seconds, wipes out the rest of the raid. 

So we're all standing to the side of the gap so the boss can't see us (LOS as we call it, or Line of Sight), discussing tactics and whatnot.

I bump my keyboard. My character moves 2ft to the right.

ZAP.

Entire raid killed. All world buffs gone, people have repair bills, and we have to spend the next 45 mins getting our shit together. The boss does not die that night.

I took Deadums to a whole new level I did. 

And yes, this is a true story. 

Guardian down!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork