Wreckfest ps5 version

So i've fot the ps4 disc version of wreckfest already, but now the ps5 version is free on the ps plus games for May i am tempted to download it. Question is, will i be still be able to play with the peeps on the ps4 version if i get it, or is it like Fifa 21 and i would still need the ps4 version to play online with peeps who are on the ps4?

The PS5 version of Wreckfest I believe costs an extra $10/£10 for the upgrade and is available in June. If you don't buy this, you continue with the PS4 version on the PS5 without the upgraded features. I don't believe THQ have announced the dual compatibility between console generations however I would estimate that you wont be able to crossplay and will have to downgrade (if available) or not upgrade at all. For £10, that is solid especially if you land it free on PSN! 

Aaaah ok, i thought that might be the case. Didnt realise that it would be a tenner to pay in June to keep the ps5 version. Honestly the only time that i have played it recently was on a friday night with the FG peeps so think i wll stick to just keeping the ps4 version if you cant play across generations

2 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

Aaaah ok, i thought that might be the case. Didnt realise that it would be a tenner to pay in June to keep the ps5 version. Honestly the only time that i have played it recently was on a friday night with the FG peeps so think i wll stick to just keeping the ps4 version if you cant play across generations

You can essentially download both now, similar to other games that have a PS5 version. I would suggest to do that which is what I will do.

I've been trying to search to see if cross-gen is or isn't enabled and I can't find concrete evidence, although based on previous games decisions I know, all bar one (FIFA) allow you to play with PS4 folk and vice versa. However, I'm sure I read before that if you're on PS5 and you create a lobby that now can hold up to 24 players on PS5, it won't work for PS4 people. This for me is the challenge as I usually do the lobbies on FG Friday when i'm on but need us all to join.

Lol, just realised I ask this question over a month ago on their Steam discussion board....

image.png

So it should be cross-gen enabled and hopefully it'll notice when a PS4 player jumps in a lobby it will restrict cars to 16 to save messing around with our versions.