Vault of Glass Raid - Take 2 in Destiny 2

GazzaGarratt

Destiny Vault of Glass.jpg

Aaaaand 'Action!'

We're nearly there, and this week's TWAB gave us the date we needed to know so we can start planning to put a few teams together and enjoy this raid like previous Destiny 1 players loved and enjoy watching new players experience the different challenges we'll face. The date?

Saturday 22nd May 10AM PDT / 6PM UK Time

Gonna use this thread for 2 things;

1. Stuff/info that was covered off in this week's TWAB and anything that people find oput about the raid as abnd when it becomes available
  2. Start understanding who would really enjoy to try this on the first day and week of launch so we can create some teams

So for now, here's some basic stuff to know from the TWAB. I'll try and summarise the main points first:

Vault of Glass will launch with Contest Mode (explained here) enabled for 24 hours.  

• You will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters. THAT IS 10 POWER LESS THAN THE CURRENT SEASON CAP SO YOU MAY ALREADY BE READY FOR DAY 1.
  • Clearing Vault of Glass with Contest Mode active is the first step to access the new Challenge Mode in the Director and the Tempo's Edge Triumph. 
  • Completing Tempo's Edge, a curated list of Triumphs, in this newly unlocked Challenge Mode, will be how a fireteam crosses the World First finish line and claims their prize.
  • To enforce the Triumph requirements in the Challenge Mode, your team will wipe if you fail the success conditions during each encounter. 

They've been pretty clear they want to try and keep as much of the original aesthetics so broadly the raid should go as most that have completed will know, however there will be updates to bring it into line with Destiny 2's state of play so I'm still expecting a few mechanics, areas and enemies to be tweaked so its not all the same.

So, who's up for it?! I'll add an event on the Calendar too (see below). Be good to know what experience below you've had before (if any) and if you do fancy getting involved in the festivities in the month ahead! Maybe sharing thoughts about what weapons to ready up too wouldn't go a miss below to help others!

Sound off below FG 👇

P.S. GIVE ME THE VEX MYTHOCLAST!!!!!!

Vex Mythoclast.png

Intriguing to see what will change and what will stay the same, hoping some of the iconic weapons come back with the raid related mods but I guess they may be armour mods now. 

For those who’ve never been in VoG I guess it’s your call whether you want to try and have a fully blind raid, or mix it up with people who’ve done it before.  We’ve got such a large and active raid group at the moment we need to make sure that as many people as want day 1 experience get it.

HELLO!

FYI... We have SEVEN (7) signed up at the moment. Which means that we will be making a second team.

The other group that we dabble in D2 with is also looking for people to do this with. I have 2 from them looking for some people to play with/make a team. This pair (brothers) are based in the Netherlands.

Would everyone be good with possibly playing with a handful outside our group? Aside from our currently running/always public raid team, I don't think it would be any different than other FGers who haven't played with anyone.

53 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

HELLO!

FYI... We have SEVEN (7) signed up at the moment. Which means that we will be making a second team.

The other group that we dabble in D2 with is also looking for people to do this with. I have 2 from them looking for some people to play with/make a team. This pair (brothers) are based in the Netherlands.

Would everyone be good with possibly playing with a handful outside our group? Aside from our currently running/always public raid team, I don't think it would be any different than other FGers who haven't played with anyone.

If it means we get 12 instead of 10 I’m all for it 

On 4/30/2021 at 3:55 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Aaaaand 'Action!'

Your mum is an action.

What do I need for this? I'm assuming I need to pay another £50 for the same recycled raid we paid for years ago? NeW CoNtEnT EvErYbOdY!!!11eleventy

Still. I'll be there unless the woman finds more important things to do than save the planet from the Vex. Like go to Ikea or whatever. 

banlol.png

20 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Your mum is an action.

What do I need for this? I'm assuming I need to pay another £50 for the same recycled raid we paid for years ago? NeW CoNtEnT EvErYbOdY!!!11eleventy

Still. I'll be there unless the woman finds more important things to do than save the planet from the Vex. Like go to Ikea or whatever. 

Did you not buy a season pass?

22 minutes ago, Diddums said:

Your mum is an action.

basically...

On 4/30/2021 at 3:55 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

You will need to be at 1300 Power to be at the cap for all of the encounters. THAT IS 10 POWER LESS THAN THE CURRENT SEASON CAP SO YOU MAY ALREADY BE READY FOR DAY 1

so just easy grind to that level. Thats it.

Then £0 out of your pocket. yes, Vault of Glass is free to all players. So you can keep saying to us all in game as well as here LoOk At ThIs NeW GuN I hAd 4 YeArS aGo.

Still, its gonna be a great experience, for people that have never played D1 before and for others that really miss the experience of a 6 player team jumping into a raid. If the Deep Stone Crypt Raids are anything to go by, we'll have even more laughs with everyone on this.

I'd suggest buying the Season whilst you're around though at the least. £8 for all the content they put in the game plus all the rewards from Season Pass alone for the next 3 months are easily worth the money.

@RenFengge La, definitely get them across and say hi. A few more that want some help and a home is always welcome here.

@jordie1892  @Lurch  @Macca89  @G_dub52  @Mikepjbell  I know you all have started to get back into Destiny so take a look at this as I think in a week Saturday it could be a really fun day trying out the VoG raid again.

@Greboth, about time you dusted yourself off like we did for the Beyond Light release, isn't it? It was fun trying it last time out together.

So Density wants me to spend £43 for the latest xpac. 

I'll pay it if I have to, and then whine like a little bitch every time I feel I'm not getting my money's worth, but I will.

Or don't I have to? Do I pay the £8 and that's it? 

banlol.png

1 minute ago, Diddums said:

No, I've been stuck on World of Warcraft Classic for the last fuckknowshowlong. 

Lolz. There's a reason why I refuse to touch WoW... after all the hours I sunk into WarCraft and StarCraft...

5 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Lolz. There's a reason why I refuse to touch WoW... after all the hours I sunk into WarCraft and StarCraft...

I still play it a lot, but not as much anymore. Usually when I'm drunk I end up on it, boosting people for free and giving all my shit away. Then I feel bad the next day because I'm poor so don't wanna log in. Then I get drunk again and stop caring, so I log in and do it all again. 

Don't drink and wow. 

banlol.png

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

So Density wants me to spend £43 for the latest xpac. 

I'll pay it if I have to, and then whine like a little bitch every time I feel I'm not getting my money's worth, but I will.

Or don't I have to? Do I pay the £8 and that's it? 

Bought the season pass, still have to pay £43 for the DLC. 

Closed the game, can't be fucked with that such blatant greed.

banlol.png

1 hour ago, Diddums said:

Bought the season pass, still have to pay £43 for the DLC. 

Closed the game, can't be fucked with that such blatant greed.

You don't need the DLC. If you come back and play it more then its your perogative if you wanna pay it or not to get more stuff to do. Tbh, how much you're online, the 8 quid pass is more than enough right now for you. Thats why I said so do just that for now in my earlier post.

Now quit your whining if you're gonna play the damn game. And that doesn't mean going on and then just going for a poo as soon as a strike starts as you usually do.

1 hour ago, Mikepjbell said:

I'm signed up for Saturday nights raid now, making it 9. I know right, a nice uneven 9. Perfect!

Fantastic!

We actually only need 1 more now.

Who else wants in??

3 minutes ago, Baabcat said:

You got two from your old gang ?

We have the 2 from K H group. They are brothers and in the Netherlands. 

Before I ask that group if anyone else wants in, I think we should fill up the last slot with someone from FG if we can.

I'm checking on @Greboth as he may want to join in on the fun. I also imagined @techno  to be around so give it a little longer because we could get all FGers still reply potentially.

16 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm checking on @Greboth as he may want to join in on the fun. I also imagined @techno  to be around so give it a little longer because we could get all FGers still reply potentially.

Lee has been on the recruitment drive and I'll be around to give this a chilled run sat night 👍 Definitely want to see if the old nostalgia kicks in.