LOCKED OUT PLEASE HELP!!!

Well, basically, it goes like this. I had an email account "gloverjohndavid1990@yahoo.com" and was deactivated by Yahoo due to inactivity... Meaning I hadn't logged onto it for quite some time but my phone and computer are both signed onto it... 

My Sony account used this email and I was able to contact them and get it updated to a new email. My activision account is also linked to this old email account but now they want me to sign into the account and I don't remember the password. I can't change the password because due to the email being deactivated, I can't access it to change the password. 

Needless to say, my account seems to be gone now. Activision has NO CONTACT NUMBER for me to call to fix things. Does ANYONE know what I can do?

I have gone to the support site and followed the link "screenshot below" and it doesn't work. Please someone help, I think COD is a gonner for me. I'm not very computer literate but I've researched what I can. I've even called Yahoo to reactivate the email and they said it's gone, they can't help. 

I'm not starting over on COD so if I can't get my account back then I'm done. 

Screenshot_20210426-172530_Chrome.jpg

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

Try doing this from a PC... because it just makes it less frustrating. Let me know how far you get. Go through the support options. Pick the game and platform.

Go here: https://support.activision.com/options

Click the appropriate options (FYI, I clicked "I'm unable to access my Activision Account" to get to the screen after this; scroll past the image):

image.thumb.png.be272e699714192f2b09f1d4e3de4b5d.png

I want you to get here:

image.thumb.png.568f86297db6ac28ac26bbfb9150f43e.png

Click the "Account Recovery Request" and get to:

image.thumb.png.bcaa717611cd361990757923e98ed107.png

Let me know what happens after this... like if you can resolve your locked out issue or not. Take screenshots along the way, so I can see what you did if I have to go further.

Thats a great find La, nice one. John, have you tried reactivate the email address at all? Your emails have been deleted but the email account is not deleted.

Found this on Yahoo.

Screenshot_20210429-225943_Chrome.jpg

You should be able to grab your old password from your browser password store in settings.

I'm only suggesting this as if we can get you into your email account it sounds like it'll save everything.

So, as for the "reactivation" of the Yahoo email @GazzaGarratt, its a no Bueno. I called Yahoo (they are a major company that actually has a phone number for support services) and there is no way to reactivate the account. You just have to make a new one. 

The screen @RenFengge  found (I dont have access the email for my activision account) link, doesn't work. I don't think they have updated it or something. 

Activision has an address in Santa Monica CA so since I live in CA I may just make the 2 hour drive (give or take with traffic) and pay them an office visit. 

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

3 hours ago, datfroggieguy said:

So, as for the "reactivation" of the Yahoo email @GazzaGarratt, its a no Bueno. I called Yahoo (they are a major company that actually has a phone number for support services) and there is no way to reactivate the account. You just have to make a new one. 

The screen @RenFengge  found (I dont have access the email for my activision account) link, doesn't work. I don't think they have updated it or something. 

Activision has an address in Santa Monica CA so since I live in CA I may just make the 2 hour drive (give or take with traffic) and pay them an office visit. 

What about trying the "I'm unable to access my Activision account"?

Last ditch effort before driving there... try this phone number.. the first objective is to get in touch with a live person, then support --> 310-255-2050

I think you'll have to try it during the weekdays though.

Keep us updated!

On 5/1/2021 at 5:23 AM, RenFengge said:

What about trying the "I'm unable to access my Activision account"?

Last ditch effort before driving there... try this phone number.. the first objective is to get in touch with a live person, then support --> 310-255-2050

I think you'll have to try it during the weekdays though.

Keep us updated!

That phone number doesn't work, no longer in service. 

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

I just don't get how that email in unattrievable. Thats surely against Yahoo's terms of service, as they can't just remove you as the owner that email address...because if so you can just register that same email address straight away as a new person. You tried that btw?

If it then says email address in use its pretty clear you can get it back again. Not sure why Yahoo are being arseholes though...

On 5/2/2021 at 6:22 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I just don't get how that email in unattrievable. Thats surely against Yahoo's terms of service, as they can't just remove you as the owner that email address...because if so you can just register that same email address straight away as a new person. You tried that btw?

If it then says email address in use its pretty clear you can get it back again. Not sure why Yahoo are being arseholes though...

Yeah, it will not let me use the same email as it has been used, tried. Lol

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

Well, it's official, the account is gone. I went back to my original account from middle school so that I didn't have to deal with a new email. So as I dont like my old PSN name "babyspitter", that is what I'm stuck with and starting over on COD. 😒

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

4 hours ago, datfroggieguy said:

Well, it's official, the account is gone. I went back to my original account from middle school so that I didn't have to deal with a new email. So as I dont like my old PSN name "babyspitter", that is what I'm stuck with and starting over on COD. 😒

Genuinely gutted for you mate. Its pretty shitty in my view that Yahoo can't just give you access to the email account as its definitely still there and there should be steps you can take to gain it back, even if you have to show your ID and passport perhaps. Does make me think that the passwords stored on Google, whilst a worry for lots of people, at least means you don't have these types of horrible problems.

7 hours ago, datfroggieguy said:

That sucks. I really wish we could have helped you out.

As for your old PSN name, at least now you can change it. But, you only get 1 shot to do, from what I remember.

On 6/7/2021 at 5:48 AM, RenFengge said:

That sucks. I really wish we could have helped you out.

As for your old PSN name, at least now you can change it. But, you only get 1 shot to do, from what I remember.

Probably can't change it to an existing account. 

datfroggieguynewsig.jpg

4 hours ago, datfroggieguy said:

The COD game actually let me keep the "datfroggieguy" gamertag for some reason.. none the less, I need new regiment invites. Lmao

Maybe the Activision gamertag wasn't exactly the same as your PSN ID? So fuckin weird man. No probs, we'll get someone to send them out when we're next on. @Plumbers Crack  might be on at some point too. I know I currently have the download problem that I can't play it as it keeps wanting to redownload the stupid game again and again. 😤

44 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Which game does "Regiments" relate to? It seems that every CoD disc I put in wants me to download Warzone which I ain't having due to disc space

Modern Warfare which originally created Warzone. You might be having the download loop I was having.

13 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Lee, How do I stop it please so I can help John?

Good question....i haven't worked it out for me either!

I think we have completely delete and do a full reinstall. I might try that later if I can get my PS5 on straight after work. Once we've done that, then either of us can try to send John an invite.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good question....i haven't worked it out for me either!

I think we have completely delete and do a full reinstall. I might try that later if I can get my PS5 on straight after work. Once we've done that, then either of us can try to send John an invite.

If you don’t mind, I’ll let you try first Lee, I think your PS5 will be a lot quicker than my PS4. If that doesn’t work I’ll give it a go - let me know 👍

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

On 6/23/2021 at 12:07 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

If you don’t mind, I’ll let you try first Lee, I think your PS5 will be a lot quicker than my PS4. If that doesn’t work I’ll give it a go - let me know 👍

I haven't got round to this - apologies - i'll try and get it done over the weekend.

@datfroggieguy  John, i've managed to get on the game and send you an invite to the FG clan buddy. Sorry it took so long to sort but the download issue seems to have been fixed since the last update!