Nurburgring trip 2022

crispymorgan

I've mentioned it a few times, but I'd quite like to have a blast down to the 'ring.  Would anybody else be interested? Costs are reasonable, and I usually stop in Bruges for a night and go to ribs and beer where you get beer and unlimited ribs. Nommy.  Do a few days at the ring then home.  It's worth it just to enjoy the atmosphere and looking at all the awesome cars.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

I've mentioned it a few times, but I'd quite like to have a blast down to the 'ring.  Would anybody else be interested? Costs are reasonable, and I usually stop in Bruges for a night and go to ribs and beer where you get beer and unlimited ribs. Nommy.  Do a few days at the ring then home.  It's worth it just to enjoy the atmosphere and looking at all the awesome cars.

Are you just going to watch or taking a car to rip round? Also where would you normally stay. Wondering if its a car or camper jobby.

It has to be said this tickles my pickle and is somewhere I have always wanted to go.

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

5 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

It has to be said this tickles my pickle and is somewhere I have always wanted to go.

This has been a "must do" trip topic among my and @TurboR56Mini 's IRL friends.

If we get like at least 10 people to agree to this, I could try to negotiate room rates at some hotel?

This would be an exciting trip.

I'd be looking at the tourist drive day, so hire a car or drive your own.  Last time I stopped at the pinnochio hotel in Adenau.  So just a method of driving required.

Not sure if I'd trust my MR2 all that way so might take the fake Audi.  If that's the case I could carry some extra people.

6 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

Not sure if I'd trust my MR2 all that way so might take the fake Audi.  If that's the case I could carry some extra people.

Fake Audi? Explain...

Also, when in 2022 are you thinking? And how far/close to Nürburgring would you be willing to stay? We could look into AirBnBs nearby or whatever...

Need to wait until they release the tourist schedule for the track. If you look now it shows which days track is open for tourist drives, they release it around march time for the season ahead.  Anytime would be good around now.  Just need to link it with Alex's school holidays.

My main car is a Skoda Octavia vrs, Skoda used to have a less than desirable reputation, but it's owned by VW now, so it's basically a golf GTi.

Adenau is basically on the track, so it's great, accommodation is cheap.  Sure we could pick you up from an airport.

20190222_175849.jpg

10 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I can confirm ribs and beer is an excellent establishment.

Totally interested @crispymorgan , ofc you knew I would be though when it comes to all of us 😎❤️

Just a few thoughts as i'm still looking at separate big meet ups with La and even just some day activities because I suppose the one big thing we don't know what to expect yet is what countries what border to border regarding Covid, which is a bit of a bitch to book anything abroad right now.

Also, need to know budgets, possible dates, inventory crap we need, and if thats flexible per person - some might wanna go for a 2 days, other for 4, etc.

There's loads more questions obviously, but these ones will help initially so I can understand what i'm also planning with home breakaways and the FG ones too 😘

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

2 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Totally interested @crispymorgan , ofc you knew I would be though when it comes to all of us 😎❤️

Just a few thoughts as i'm still looking at separate big meet ups with La and even just some day activities because I suppose the one big thing we don't know what to expect yet is what countries what border to border regarding Covid, which is a bit of a bitch to book anything abroad right now.

Also, need to know budgets, possible dates, inventory crap we need, and if thats flexible per person - some might wanna go for a 2 days, other for 4, etc.

There's loads more questions obviously, but these ones will help initially so I can understand what i'm also planning with home breakaways and the FG ones too 😘

I will say that for at least me and  @TurboR56Mini , we will be planning at least a 5 - 7 day trip over there... each time probably. It would essentially be @TurboR56Mini 's real, first legit time in Europe... and in the handful of times I have been there, I never really wandered outside of Paris, Nice, London, and Hitchin. Would be nice to do a proper trip in Europe outside the confines of being a reckless teenager and 20-something lol... being that I'm old now. Hahah.