This has been on my list since it was announced.  Comes out April 30th.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

This looks THE one. An actual PS5 game that will knock your socks off. Seen some early reviews and gameplay and i'm massively impressed. I'm not overly great with horror games as it has a bit of that linked to it but its worth crossing the comfort zone line to pick this up. The worlds are procedurally generated too, and apparently its Rogue-Lite so probably also for the people that like torture as you die you lose nearly everything. I want to get just for the PS5 controller usage as its apparently one of the best ones to show it off since launch too.

Early impressions...  housemarque has done it again.  This game is really friggin good.  Controls are crisp and fluid.  Visuals and audio are top notch. Gameplay is tight.  If you’re a fan of rouge lites such as hades then you’ll dig this one.  You will die a lot.  

My only gripe and it’s really not a game breaker in any way, is there can be a LOT going on at any given time.  Due to the third person perspective, you tend to get ambushed and surrounded quickly.  Most of housemarques games have had an arcadey bullethell kind of vibe and it seems they tried to add a bit of that to this.  It doesn’t really blend well but like I said, minor gripe.  

This is truly a next gen experience.  The dual sense integration is really nice to.  And example is you feel the rain drops hitting your suit through the controller.  

🤘🏻

1 hour ago, Riff Machine said:

Early impressions...  housemarque has done it again.  This game is really friggin good.  Controls are crisp and fluid.  Visuals and audio are top notch. Gameplay is tight.  If you’re a fan of rouge lites such as hades then you’ll dig this one.  You will die a lot.  

My only gripe and it’s really not a game breaker in any way, is there can be a LOT going on at any given time.  Due to the third person perspective, you tend to get ambushed and surrounded quickly.  Most of housemarques games have had an arcadey bullethell kind of vibe and it seems they tried to add a bit of that to this.  It doesn’t really blend well but like I said, minor gripe.  

This is truly a next gen experience.  The dual sense integration is really nice to.  And example is you feel the rain drops hitting your suit through the controller.  

🤘🏻

I've played an hour or two so far, think you've summed it up perfectly.

• The game feels like how you expected a PS5 game to feel. Subtle haptic feedback, runs really smooth, audio is fantastic. 
  • Wouldn't classify it as a 'horror' per say, more just a couple of unsettling moments.
  • There's a lot of loot initially, different in game currencies etc. There's a fair bit of information to take in as to what does what, but I'm sure I'll figure it out as I play more.

Really enjoyed what I've played so far though!

The latest update Ascension is now live for this.  It's added a co-op feature and a challenge tower to the experience.  Should be cool for anyone still playing this game and looking to rock it with some friends.

12 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

The latest update Ascension is now live for this.  It's added a co-op feature and a challenge tower to the experience.  Should be cool for anyone still playing this game and looking to rock it with some friends.

You can't knock the Playstation exclusives too much when they do get a lot of quality of life updates for free. I do fancy the idea of a co-op try, mainly because I think I would suck at this very badly given how hard it is 😅

Anyone found any deals on this? Still holds it value at £55 with Amazon.

@Stretch616  @jordie1892  heads up on the co-op element. @LordBaguette , you'd probably like the difficulty too.

55 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You can't knock the Playstation exclusives too much when they do get a lot of quality of life updates for free. I do fancy the idea of a co-op try, mainly because I think I would suck at this very badly given how hard it is 😅

Anyone found any deals on this? Still holds it value at £55 with Amazon.

@Stretch616  @jordie1892  heads up on the co-op element. @LordBaguette , you'd probably like the difficulty too.

I barely know anything about this game, but I will look into it

cba

I think this would be an interesting one to run some co-op on.  I wonder if they'll do the typical artificial difficulty thing and just add more enemies.  

I re-installed it last night.  I know they added the save feature within a run, which is a great addition and one of the more frustrating parts of this game at release.  Expecting it all to come together in one run is quite the time sink.

This is still one of those games I really want to play, and it sounds like they have improved it with the updates. From what i've read here and elsewhere it seems like a pretty solid ps5 game that really takes advantage of the console

9 hours ago, Antpool84 said:

This is still one of those games I really want to play, and it sounds like they have improved it with the updates. From what i've read here and elsewhere it seems like a pretty solid ps5 game that really takes advantage of the console

The gameplay is spot on.  Housemarque has a very good track record of this.  It really shows off the dual sense controller too.  It boils down to if this style of game is up your alley.  

So after getting the PS Plus extra I am finally playing this, and so far I love it!! The graphics are beautiful, I can see why it's a ps5 exclusive as it would do the game a disservice if they had made it for the ps4 too. Although I've only played for an hour so far the gameplay is great and so easy to pick up, and makes great use of the adaptive triggers on the controller. So far I've managed to avoid dying, although I'm sure its coming, and am so glad that they have added in a "suspend cycle" option so that you can technically save the game at a point, although it does make you quit the game when you do this so its more of an option for when you have to quickly leave the game rather than an actual manual save option. The story is grabbing me too and I can't wait to carry on playing and see where it goes 😁

Yea, the suspend option was a nice QOL addition.  When the game first launched, not having that option was one of the big negatives for it.  

I agree 100% with the gameplay.  Damn near flawless but I’d expect nothing less from housemarque.  

Just wait until you get to the second boss.  The fun really starts after that.  😁