Tea or Coffee?

GazzaGarratt

Do you drink more Tea or Coffee?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which one is better, FG decides! Tea or Coffee? I've also added Water and Alcohol for the drinkers that don't have warm drinks, you heathen lot.

Tea all the way for me. Coffee stinks. It's just like drinking a cigarette for me. Or black tar. Whichever makes you feel better.

Not too fussy about teabags either, apart from flavoured tea and Earl Grey which is basically drinking perfume. Yuk.

tea and coffee.jpg

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Which one is better, FG decides! Tea or Coffee? I've also added Water and Alcohol for the drinkers that don't have warm drinks, you heathen lot.

Tea all the way for me. Coffee stinks. It's just like drinking a cigarette for me. Or black tar. Whichever makes you feel better.

Not too fussy about teabags either, apart from flavoured tea and Earl Grey which is basically drinking perfume. Yuk.

Hahaha... I feel like we need to introduce you to better coffee..

and to better Earl Grey.

So, for me:

1. water
  2. coffee
  3. tea (close second.. just easier for us to get great coffee than it is to get great tea)... and we do loose leaf tea with our own strainers... get that paper taste out of my tea!

I mean tea and coffee are 99% water anyway sooooo......

I do drink more water than anything, in an attempt to drink less coffee I started having a glass of water between cups.  It just turned out my glass is a 1l beer stein so definitely larger than my coffee mug.

Though tea and coffee, I don’t really have a preference and go for convenience.  By myself, it’s quick to make coffee but with others a pot of tea is easier.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

57 minutes ago, Greboth said:

By myself, it’s quick to make coffee but with others a pot of tea is easier.

You don't need a teapot every time to make one you know! Just stick a teabag in a mug and wait for it to stew. I mean, its the same as coffee as you have to wait for it to cool down anyway 😄

18 hours ago, techno said:

There are no tea bags in the house.

Disgraceful.

11 hours ago, RenFengge said:

I feel like we need to introduce you to better coffee..

and to better Earl Grey.

I'd love to find a coffee that isn't like drinking a Cig, so good luck with that one....and Earl Grey can get in the deepest darkest hole in the ground.

6 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

At work I drink coffee and home its tea but I prefer water mostly due to the sports activities I do. 

Don't mix. Just do Tea, Paulo.

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Coffee stinks, hate the smell of it.

I always knew you were the brightest one of the bunch 😎

Coffee in the morning and never after mid day because it sticks around in your system for quite a long time.

I hate drinking water on its own so I always have juice with it.

Tea can fuck off.

I genuinely drink about 4-5 litres of water a day, it's actually a problem but I genuinely love how refreshing it is. 

I love Tea and Coffee but it I was forced to choose I'd have to go with a good old fashioned shitty cup of tea! (In an FG Mug of course) 

IMG_20210408_153842.jpg

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'd love to find a coffee that isn't like drinking a Cig

Who hurt you as well? We will ship  you beans, I'm assuming you don't have a grinder and appropriate making paraphernalia? 

I also love that from a country that started a global empire over tea, who make fun of countries who "make houses out of wood", can't muster up enough effort to source, grind and brew good coffee. Hi pot, my name is kettle... 

2 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

I also love that from a country that started a global empire over tea, who make fun of countries who "make houses out of wood", can't muster up enough effort to source, grind and brew good coffee. Hi pot, my name is kettle... 

The fact that a country that started a global empire over tea... can't seem to actually brew a proper pot of tea without using a horrendous tea bag... is in itself also hilarious.

@GazzaGarratt - We're half tempted to include tea and coffee in a shipment to you... How can you hate Earl Grey? What about a vanilla laced Earl Grey? It's also one of those teas that need a little milk.

6 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

We don't need to...cos its shit. We made Tea, so we stick to Tea. Everyone else here clearly has a problem and I'd question where they were actually born - now your roots, or at least tea leaves.

1 minute ago, RenFengge said:

The fact that a country that started a global empire over tea... can't seem to actually brew a proper pot of tea without using a horrendous tea bag... is in itself also hilarious.

@GazzaGarratt - We're half tempted to include tea and coffee in a shipment to you... How can you hate Earl Grey? What about a vanilla laced Earl Grey? It's also one of those teas that need a little milk.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

What have I started....

2 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

I don't drink tea or coffee. I do drink a lot of diet coke though

When will we have to start calling you Gummy Bear, Thomas? I'm so glad I toned down the fizzy pop some years ago, I used to be the same!

Toothless GIF by memecandy

28 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

We don't need to...cos its shit. We made Tea, so we stick to Tea. Everyone else here clearly has a problem and I'd question where they were actually born - now your roots, or at least tea leaves.

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

What have I started....

Tea is the Cigarette to the Cigar of coffee...less flavor and not quite as manly....

Tea in leaves in a pot, with a tea strainer, is the best tea. Tea bags have come a long way though so I'm not fussy. English breakfast, the blended variety, be it PG Tips, Yorkshire etc etc only. Earl Grey is poison.

I worked in am RAF canteen on Saturdays when is was 14 and I'll never forget the smell of rancid coffee cups waiting to be washed. Tea don't stink at any stage...unless you are a ponce who likes to drink perfume.

And back with coffee, if I wanted that kind of buzz, I'd just do a line of speed🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

25 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Tea in leaves in a pot, with a tea strainer, is the best tea. Tea bags have come a long way though so I'm not fussy. English breakfast, the blended variety, be it PG Tips, Yorkshire etc etc only. Earl Grey is poison.

I worked in am RAF canteen on Saturdays when is was 14 and I'll never forget the smell of rancid coffee cups waiting to be washed. Tea don't stink at any stage...unless you are a ponce who likes to drink perfume.

And back with coffee, if I wanted that kind of buzz, I'd just do a line of speed🤗

This is not how science works...caffeine is caffeine and 1:1 tea has more. The method does extract additional from the coffee bean and we use more coffee grind for a cup. If you used the same amount of tea as you would for a cup of coffee then it would give you more of a "buzz".

51 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

My issue with tea bags is 1) paper taste. I can't stand it. 2) it's actually woven with some plastic as well. No thank you. 3) tea leaves don't expand as well in a bag.

Also, has anyone here tried tea from TWG Tea? I have an assortment, and I'm enjoying them. They have so many different blends for Earl Grey too. I question whether all you Earl Grey haters just haven't had a properly brewed cup with a touch of milk!

As for the rancid coffee cups, hahaha.. I'm going to guess a majority of those cups were filled with milk and coffee.. not just straight, black coffee!

1 hour ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Tea is the Cigarette to the Cigar of coffee...less flavor and not quite as manly....

And.. hush you. Tea has infinitely more flavors and notes available than coffee ever will. There's only so many times you can use "chocolate" as a note in a beverage! Sometimes, I like my drink a bit fruity or having notes of rice krispies or some vanilla or orange...

All notes that you have to really strive to taste in coffee.

There's no effort in tasting them in tea. 😄 

1 hour ago, RenFengge said:

My issue with tea bags is 1) paper taste. I can't stand it. 2) it's actually woven with some plastic as well. No thank you. 3) tea leaves don't expand as well in a bag.

Also, has anyone here tried tea from TWG Tea? I have an assortment, and I'm enjoying them. They have so many different blends for Earl Grey too. I question whether all you Earl Grey haters just haven't had a properly brewed cup with a touch of milk!

As for the rancid coffee cups, hahaha.. I'm going to guess a majority of those cups were filled with milk and coffee.. not just straight, black coffee!

And.. hush you. Tea has infinitely more flavors and notes available than coffee ever will. There's only so many times you can use "chocolate" as a note in a beverage! Sometimes, I like my drink a bit fruity or having notes of rice krispies or some vanilla or orange...

All notes that you have to really strive to taste in coffee.

There's no effort in tasting them in tea. 😄 

Freshly cut garden hose...