F1 2021 (Video Game)

Game comes out July 16th this year for PS4 and PS5. I'm interested for the first time in years because of our great races on GT Sport.

Anyone else interested?

I have 2019 and 2020 but on PC only, freebies both, and the games barely change between iterations. If 2020 is on sale better going for that than full price 2021.

It's a very different experience and I'm not sure it's to all tastes but open to it there's enough interest👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

EA are publishing this one so I'm sure they will plenty of microtransactions attached. They'll probably to F1 Ultimate team where you get things like engines in loot boxes i.e a bronze pack turns out to be a Ford Fiesta engine😂

Agree with Phil though, they barely change - that is partly a testament to how well they did 5 years ago and how limited the scope is to improve but it's getting to feel a bit stagnant now. EA may shake it up a bit off the track but not in a good way. 

On 4/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, phil bottle said:

I have 2019 and 2020 but on PC only, freebies both, and the games barely change between iterations. If 2020 is on sale better going for that than full price 2021.

It's a very different experience and I'm not sure it's to all tastes but open to it there's enough interest👍

I hear you both, as EA do churn out the same game just with updated teams and drivers, similar to FIFA. However as i haven't played it for years and years i'm comfortable in buying at least one from new to see how it is...if i'm impatient I can see that F1 2020 is on sale right now on the PSN Store if I really wanted it.

I think its not the same as playing GT Sport MP, as you say Phil. I think some won't get on with how the game flows and the speed of the cars. I just want to at some day have a fully fledged proper full race with full Qualifying. I did that way back on my last F1 game and i'd love to do it again if others want to join me.

I think @Mikepjbell  mentioned something about a co-op mode in game but not sure how that works?