MCU - Shang-Chi and The Legend of the 10 Rings Trailer

LordBaguette

Trailer below for the latest MCU film trailer. Overall I think the overall style and look of the film is good. Also has some amazing cinematography from what I can tell, maybe the best of the MCU so far. Story will follow his origin story in the MCU, told in present day and with flashbacks. Supposedly he's the best martial artist in the universe in the comics. Unclear if he has any other powers yet, as in some iterations he does have some other powers. They are supposed to be doing the proper version of the Mandarin in this, unlike the version they did in Iron Man 3. will be interesting to see if they acknowledge that at all, or just completely retcon and ignore it.

I like the variety we are getting at the start of phase 4. Definitely not perfect, but if you think back to the very start of the MCU, the films were all similar in structure and tone. In phase 4 we are getting a bit of everything with this, Wanda and Falcon.

cba

I've only just watched this now 🤣 and now i'm hyped. He already has the vibe that he could take the mantle of being the main hero to lead the next phase of Superheroes imo and its been far too long for a Martial Arts master to come on to our screens and blow us away.

If its has the mix of the best Asian and Western films combined with the budget of Marvel, we should be in for a real treat.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

52 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Nice one Tom!

I think this is fast-becoming my favourite Marvel to look forward to. It'll be very interesting to see how the rings are so key to Phase 4 of the Marvel series.

7 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nice one Tom!

I think this is fast-becoming my favourite Marvel to look forward to. It'll be very interesting to see how the rings are so key to Phase 4 of the Marvel series.

I don't think they will go much beyond that film / other shang-chi films. It's not the direction they are taking with this phase in terms of the overall plot.

cba

1 hour ago, LordBaguette said:

Thanks dude, i wasn't sure about this one to be honest when i first heard about it, but this trailer definitely makes it a must see one for me. It will be interesting to see how they link it in to the rest of the MCU, especially given the appearance of what looks like Abomination at the end of the trailer.

4 minutes ago, Antpool84 said:

Thanks dude, i wasn't sure about this one to be honest when i first heard about it, but this trailer definitely makes it a must see one for me. It will be interesting to see how they link it in to the rest of the MCU, especially given the appearance of what looks like Abomination at the end of the trailer.

I know right, random inclusion but so cool to go all the way back to the first Hulk film! also the dragon Fing Fang Foom haha. Hes also fighting wong at the end!!

cba

8 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I know right, random inclusion but so cool to go all the way back to the first Hulk film! also the dragon Fing Fang Foom haha. Hes also fighting wong at the end!!

😂 that's awesome, i love Wong, he was so funny in Doctor Strange!!

15 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

Spiderman 

Whilst I love how Tom plays Spiderman, I'm not sure that his demeanor is one that can become a leader. Thats just my view but if you look at the previous lot of Marvel characters I think Iron Man became the leader because of how Robert Downey Jr played the character. Quite a lot has to change for me, esepcially growing up out of the kiddy phase he always seems to be stuck in.

On 6/25/2021 at 4:48 AM, LordBaguette said:

I finally watched the new trailer... and I'm so excited for this movie. Especially on getting to learn the MCU origin story of Shang-Chi since he doesn't really have much of one in the comics.

On 6/28/2021 at 10:47 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

Whilst I love how Tom plays Spiderman, I'm not sure that his demeanor is one that can become a leader. Thats just my view but if you look at the previous lot of Marvel characters I think Iron Man became the leader because of how Robert Downey Jr played the character. Quite a lot has to change for me, esepcially growing up out of the kiddy phase he always seems to be stuck in.

He will grow into that leader role. Although it will still be captain America’s for a time until he does 

cba