PS5 Controller not charging since charger update.

crispymorgan

I got a controller update the other day, and ever since, the controller won't charge.  It flashes like it's out of power, but there is a green symbol next to it suggesting its connected.  Tried different cables and they all charge the headset without any issues.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

So it seems the animation for charging has changed. Rather than showing all the bars in the animation, it flashes the battery. When it's a bit more charged, it flashes the battery and the first bar only.  I swear to god if it isn't broken, Sony will try to fix it 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

9 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

So it seems the animation for charging has changed. Rather than showing all the bars in the animation, it flashes the battery. When it's a bit more charged, it flashes the battery and the first bar only.  I swear to god if it isn't broken, Sony will try to fix it 

Yeah I noticed that the animation had changed but I just assumed it was charging! It is a little frustrating that it seems to not really charge the controllers in rest mode now though. What settings do people have to make it work, if its possible?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

Apparently some people have reported success using the rear ports.

I recently bought a hub for my PS5 for the first time as the lack of open ports is utterly frustrating on these consoles. You need them for extra storage, camera, and support for headsets that optical support (because they also removed the optical port too) and now we need them for charging. I feel like PlayStation just kind of ripped up the rule book with most of the stuff they learned over the years and just put it out there with all the raw power and said to consumers 'you'll buy it anyway', which is a fair point.

I'll try the rear ones...although i don't use rest mode much at all becuase when i turn it back on it doesn't seem to like the WiFi connection the next time it is on.

1 hour ago, crispymorgan said:

The Sony headset using a dongle is unforgivable.  One USB port wasted.

You have the Pulse 3D one? Yeah my Astros now uses 2 slots because the stupid optical port has been removed 😤