Football European Super League

J4MES OX4D

bp_drone.jpe
WWW.GRIMSBY-TOWNFC.CO.UK

In light of recent events surrounding the introduction of the European Super League, Grimsby Town Football Club will be running a shirt amnesty for those who hold shirts for the English clubs involved.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Looks like it's game over....

_118135159_esl_protest_get.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Manchester City withdraw from the European Super League (ESL) with Chelsea preparing to do so.

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I'm amazed and delighted by this - victory for the fans. I'm even proud of the Chelsea fans and I hate Chelsea (an enmity stretching back to the 1990 Zenith Data Systems Cup Final, football bitterness is forever!). Looking forward to the fall out today as apologies and resignations pile in !

Wanker

Urgent legislation and governance protection from UEFA and all member associations is needed to ensure this venture is not rebooted down the line. It seems the ESL have not completely abolished the idea and instead will remodel it in a bid to try again.  

Arsenal are holding a major protest against Kronke this Friday I believe and it's important that this isn't just brushed under the carpet now that it's seemingly over. Even though it's not the fans, players or managers fault, I do think some sanctions should be placed against the breakaway teams. It's so nice to see all the clubs, players and staff all united in this - the backlash was a sight to behold.

Real Madrid are gonna have a rough time from now on in European football - UEFA will treat them as utter filth hopefully starting next week in the semi's..

15 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

My mate at BT says Barcelona and Athetico are pulling out - announcement imminent..

Has this gone anywhere James?

Great to go to bed hearing the news all 6 had already backed out of these plans. It'll now go back to what I said yesterday in the sense of will there be any sanctions or fines because of the uproar they've caused. I think by doing it quickly they've saved themselves from any points deduction imo but the irony of them doing this because of money might now mean they get fined and lose more money in the process.

I do think that European football does need to evolve again...but not in the direction they want it. Make it great again like James said a few days ago. I've always believed to make Europe special and the CL even more so, you need to focus on the other cups underneath and make them important and great again. No relegation from the CL into Europa League. Bring back knockout football, The UEFA Cup. Bring back the Cup Winners Cup and have that maybe as the Europa League as no fecker cares about that one.

It won't be the end of this. The statement I read this morning was clear that they will carry on with the Super League and find other teams for sure.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Has this gone anywhere James?

Both were pulling out last night but then apparently the Spanish sides collectively wanted to do a vote on it instead for some reason. However once the remaining 4 British sides pulled then Athetico filed their papers in the early hours. 

9 out 3 to go🤣

On 7/30/2021 at 10:37 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

I was hoping never to post in here again 

_118475078_gettyimages-1317284495.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus say they will carry on with plans to launch a...

Can't wait to see Spartak Moscow, Lech Poznan and Malmo join them.