TLOU Remaster Remastered

They are remastering a remaster of The Last of Us😔 Days Gone 2 and Uncharted 5 also cancelled by Sony which is a major blow too. I honestly cannot believe they’re doing

TLOU a third time - total milkage!

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-04-09-naughty-dog-reportedly-working-on-the-last-of-us-remake

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They are remastering a remake of The Last of Us😔 Days Gone 2 and Uncharted 5 also cancelled by Sony which is a major blow too. I honestly cannot believe they’re doing

TLOU a third time - total milkage!

https://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2021-04-09-naughty-dog-reportedly-working-on-the-last-of-us-remake

Wait. What? WTF is this bullshit?

Days Gone has a pretty solid and growing base.. Uncharted has a huge following... and their doing a cash grab for TLOU? What? Did an EA exec sneak in or something? Bend is going to help Naughty Dog on some multiplayer BS? I took and nap and woke up into this? What?

The only thing they need to do is put these games on PC.

I'd love a PC version of Days Gone, it was only the gun play that let that game down and would not be an issue on PC.

Nothing these people do surprises me but remastering a remaster is peak 2020s.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd love a PC version of Days Gone, it was only the gun play that let that game down and would not be an issue on PC.

Days Gone is out in two weeks on Steam Phil😎 

header.jpg?t=1617656246
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Ride and fight into a deadly, post pandemic America. Play as Deacon St. John, a drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road, fighting to survive while searching for a reason to live in this open-world...

• J4MES OX4D changed the title to TLOU Remaster Remastered

Has this got anything to do with that Jason Schrieber article at all @J4MES OX4D ? I'm not really understanding what has actually happened, other than Sony have decided for business reasons, remaking TLOU is better than a new Days Gone and Uncharted game?

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Has this got anything to do with that Jason Schrieber article at all @J4MES OX4D ? I'm not really understanding what has actually happened, other than Sony have decided for business reasons, remaking TLOU is better than a new Days Gone and Uncharted game?

I don't really know what's going on with Sony or why they think releasing a game that's not even 10 years old for a third time is a good idea. Sounds like they don't want to take any 'risks' with a Days Gone sequel or Uncharted 5 but instead they'll play it ultra-safe and rehash a remaster instead of commissioning something new or allowing their in-house teams to produce what they wish. 

Days Gone took ages to make at a high cost and although it still made a profit, it wasn't up to their usual exclusive standards. Naughty Dog have also turned into woke extremists trying to appease journalists more than please gamers so it would seem Sony are trying to keep them under control without having to lose the studio as a whole. 

It's very strange that Sony would take this stance unless there were serious concerns especially with their exclusive options being as limited as they are already. I don't believe a TLOU Remaster Remake will bring in much money either despite it being a proven classic. 

Sounds like the studios will be kept on the books but they wont receive any significant backing until they find something solid to work on. 

Although there's been a backlash at Sony (not PlayStation as they have different management within), I kind of read it as its a bummer but as their record of exclusive games have been pretty much gold tier standard for multiple years now, they can't really screw up at all - so a few games not quite making the grade for them get put on ice or cancelled. Business wise, if it was down to that i can understand why but sure would be disappointing if I was a fan of Days Gone and/or Uncharted.

4 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Although there's been a backlash at Sony (not PlayStation as they have different management within), I kind of read it as its a bummer but as their record of exclusive games have been pretty much gold tier standard for multiple years now, they can't really screw up at all - so a few games not quite making the grade for them get put on ice or cancelled. Business wise, if it was down to that i can understand why but sure would be disappointing if I was a fan of Days Gone and/or Uncharted.

Days Gone fan here... super disappointed... and I was one of those people who watched the announcement of it during one of the Playstation shows and thought "Oh look. How boring. Another zombie game." Only to be incredibly surprised at how enjoyable the gameplay was.

Days Gone was/is totally a game that could have turned into a great franchise. It is a game that could have really knocked it out of the park with better writing. Because Deacon is just... a bit cringe. But, they do nail a lot of the psychological issues that vets have when coming home.

Skizzo needed a bit more development. But, was thoroughly easy to hate.

Just like how Horizon Zero Dawn gave hints on the outside world, so did Days Gone... and the "secret ending" scene... just wondering what it meant for that world... what crazy new zombies to face against... yeah. It would have been exciting. The lore in Days Gone reminded me a lot of I Am Legend with the discovery of the freakers actually still having some traces of humanity via holding their relationships and whatnot.

Days Gone would have been one of those franchises that started off not perfect but had subsequent sequels be perfect.

So, seeing Sony put God of War in their "must not fail" bucket is a bit irksome... given that the first God of War was fun, but trash.

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Sony have been known to have clear-cut exclusives in place so for any of their in-house studios to be in limbo or being directed to rehash projects, it's a bit of a concern. A year ago, a new Uncharted would have been an absolute certainty. I think quite a few people are worried about exclusives finally drying up and with Bethesda joining Microsoft and potentially others like Konami in talks, it could lead to some long term concerns in a general lack of games available.  It's great we're getting a new God of War and Horizon this year and Gran Turismo next but Sony should really be having a conveyor belt of exclusives set in stone already and certainly not a remastered remake which is a waste of resources. 

Don't really want a 5th uncharted due to how they ended the 4th but a remake of a remaster is a joke and that's how they will kill the game for what it was. 

I still hold out they will do a day's gone 2 but that will come out around 5 years time. 

slamminbones.png

19 minutes ago, slamminbones said:

I still hold out they will do a day's gone 2 but that will come out around 5 years time. 

Hopes and dreams for that to happen... I mean Days Gone came out how many years after Syphon Filter??

Confirmed 

untitled-5-1654790477768.jpg?width=1280
WWW.IGN.COM

The long-rumored remake of The Last of Us has been leaked. It will be released for PS5 in September, and a PC version is in development.

ps5-tlou-part-1-game-box-front-165479069

Man, I'm seriously getting sick of these remakes/remasters lately.  I've been there and done that.  I don't care if it's wearing a nicer "suit."  We need some new IPs and ideas.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

10 minutes ago, Riff Machine said:

Man, I'm seriously getting sick of these remakes/remasters lately.  I've been there and done that.  I don't care if it's wearing a nicer "suit."  We need some new IPs and ideas.

The ONLY thing that make me buy this would be if they updated the Multiplayer so it could be played on the latest gen consoles. I couldn't agree more Chad. Even me saying about the MP, doesn't make me feel good. Its just because it was such a good MP that many people here didn't get to play with us back then.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

The ONLY thing that make me buy this would be if they updated the Multiplayer so it could be played on the latest gen consoles. I couldn't agree more Chad. Even me saying about the MP, doesn't make me feel good. Its just because it was such a good MP that many people here didn't get to play with us back then.

I wouldn't even care about that to be honest.  It was similar to the ME3 MP.  It was great at the time, but I imagine it wouldn't translate well to current gen systems.  Then out came outriders and proved my point.  Lol!

as someone that still has a ps3 and played it recently for the 1st time, in my opinion it's a waste of a remake, the game is still beautiful, it's not like it has early 2000 graphics, but i can understand the reason since all ps3 games are unportable to pc from what i have read cause of the monstrocity that the ps3 architecture/os etc was

2 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

as someone that still has a ps3 and played it recently for the 1st time, in my opinion it's a waste of a remake, the game is still beautiful, it's not like it has early 2000 graphics, but i can understand the reason since all ps3 games are unportable to pc from what i have read cause of the monstrocity that the ps3 architecture/os etc was

Exactly!

Sorry but wasn't there already a remaster for PS4, why does there need to be another iteration. This is bonkers and show's the direction of the industry whilst a lot of the players continues to eat it up.

I hope it bombs I really do.

We need new IP's not remakes and remasters of existing games, with the current trend every time we move forwards in tv technology we will just get the next generation of the same games... Absurd...

13 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

They are working on a standalone multiplayer game so this remake of a remaster likely wont have any MP component in it at all

tloumultiplayergame-blogroll-16548040365
WWW.IGN.COM

The long awaited multiplayer game will be "as big" as the single-player games.

15 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I have to agree. As much as I loved this game and the remake so far looks pretty good, i would rather have a new ip or a sequel.

12 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

Yeah, it still stands up so well, even against other games that have been "remastered" that look nowhere near as good as TLOU did.

I played TLOU Remastered on my PS5 earlier this year and it ran perfectly at 60fps. I think it was probably upscaled 4K but even so it ran perfectly and looked fantastic. Either this is a cash grab or they are looking to expand the narrative with some deranged politics like they did in the sequel. 

5 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

They are working on a standalone multiplayer game so this remake of a remaster likely wont have any MP component in it at all

tloumultiplayergame-blogroll-16548040365
WWW.IGN.COM

The long awaited multiplayer game will be "as big" as the single-player games.

*Hits final nail in coffin*

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

*Hits final nail in coffin*

Still a no from me.  So THERE!!

Seems to be a faithful remastering if an already remastered title rather than a complete remake. TLOU1 running on the sequel’s tech will look amazing but it still feels a bit of a pointless venture. The one saving grace appears that they won’t tamper with it narratively which is an almighty relief