Elite Dangerous

So! Yet another game has peaked my interest and I have been starting out on my journey in Elite Dangerous with some guys from work. I am loving the way this game plays and the interfaces you use within your ship and also just how big the scale of this game is incredible. 

I know that this has been around for a long time so I wondered who else has played/plays this? and if anyone has any hints or tips other then stay away from hollow triangles? lol.

I have just started out by doing some light courier work to get cash to improve my ships cargo capacity and have only had a few people try to shoot me down but somehow managed to boost away from the situation while the "galaxy police" take care of the bad guys. 

The game is currently on offer on steam at the moment which made the decision easier and I can see many hours being sunk into this carrying out bounties or just shipping and trading bits until I am at a decent level. Overall I am super impressed with my first few hours gameplay and will see if I can keep updating this thread now with screenshots and info that I find while travelling throughout the galaxies and any adventures I have.

GGFG!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

25 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

So! Yet another game has peaked my interest and I have been starting out on my journey in Elite Dangerous with some guys from work. I am loving the way this game plays and the interfaces you use within your ship and also just how big the scale of this game is incredible. 

I know that this has been around for a long time so I wondered who else has played/plays this? and if anyone has any hints or tips other then stay away from hollow triangles? lol.

I have just started out by doing some light courier work to get cash to improve my ships cargo capacity and have only had a few people try to shoot me down but somehow managed to boost away from the situation while the "galaxy police" take care of the bad guys. 

The game is currently on offer on steam at the moment which made the decision easier and I can see many hours being sunk into this carrying out bounties or just shipping and trading bits until I am at a decent level. Overall I am super impressed with my first few hours gameplay and will see if I can keep updating this thread now with screenshots and info that I find while travelling throughout the galaxies and any adventures I have.

GGFG!

I too have this game, maybe 20 hours in. I made the mistake of jumping outside the safe zone and now I can't get back in. I think I may start over. Mind if I join you guys? I bought it because a friend at work has over 2100hrs in this game. I love feel of it but it's lonely and without the building like NMS, I got bored. Mostly because I think I messed up my leaving the system too early but I'm not sure. Have not played with anyone yet in multiplayer situation. I do find that having a stick and throttle is THE ONLY way to play lol. 

Hey @TurboR56Mini I am still in the safe zone at the moment but plan to venture out tonight as a couple of people from work are waiting just outside.

If you see me on dude you are more then welcome to join in 🙂 There is a plan to start a squadron and do a private server too so we can hunt bounties and mine/gather cash together. As soon as this is setup I will let you know the details 👍

I only have literally 3 hours under my belt so far but I am really enjoying it and the more I read and talk about what you can do and where to go etc the more I want to play.

Im  using mouse and keyboard but I did notice that my laptop was getting really quite warm after a few hours so I may need to invest in a cooling stand of some sort.

I will pencil in a decent stint soon so I can have a few hours on Valheim followed by a few on ED too. I am really enjoying my start in the PC gaming world! Abit like a kid in a candy shop at the minute though haha

1 hour ago, G_dub52 said:

I am really enjoying my start in the PC gaming world! Abit like a kid in a candy shop at the minute though haha

This is me for sure right now as well, I'm enjoying it for sure. We just got some new bangers too and I'm enjoying the new power and speed.

I'm also basically a 3 hour guy too so no worries at all. Most of my time was spent being lost I think. I'll head back to you guys when you're on.

According to Steam, I last played ED on 19 October 2015.... I imagine it has changed a bit in that time 🤪

I feel like a traitor playing any other space game than star citizen but I'll have a look at this again at some point to see what's up.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm intrigued by it for sure but how does the objectives work? Go do missions and then upgrade your ship? Do you have a home at all?

With billions of planets to explore I don't think there's a home as such. You can use a station and run some trade routes for a while to make money and then explore new galaxies and do the same. You can do bounties, drug runs (need to be stealth to avoid police) trade anything from tea and beer to lithium and metals etc.

It's really addictive and using all the screens and functions etc is extremely satisfying if you ask me lol. You can buy different ships for hauling cargo or smaller ships for combat etc. Loads of upgrade items from scanners to scan ships and planets to fuel scoops so you can refuel as you fly by staying close to planets etc. For less then a tenner it's a HUGE game. Lots of fun!