Icarus

RenFengge

Because @TurboR56Mini  would forget to post...

Also... because this looks really interesting.

icarusnorescuedocumentaryeventtrailer-16
WWW.IGN.COM

Check out this 8-minute trailer to learn about the world of Icarus in this upcoming session-based Player vs Environment survival game from DayZ creator Dean Hall's studio RocketWerkz. The documentary-style...

I think you need to try Green Hell, Carl @TurboR56Mini . It's something that has a similar storyline through a survival game. Trailer was definitely cool so it would be good to see some gameplay soon to see how this works as you play/survive.

12 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think you need to try Green Hell, Carl @TurboR56Mini . It's something that has a similar storyline through a survival game. Trailer was definitely cool so it would be good to see some gameplay soon to see how this works as you play/survive.

I took a look, this seems REALLY intense as a survival game. I've watched one trailer and some gameplay. Looks neat, have you played or anyone else on FG?

Green Hell is what it says on the tin. It's green and it is hell. I call it the 'die a millions ways' simulator. It's a great little game but it is quite stressful if you want to avoid dying or going mad 🙂

I like the look of Icarus but I'll be waiting to see if it's a full game or early access. If they're still working on it then I'll avoid it, as Dean has form for leaving projects unfinished.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

On 4/4/2021 at 11:34 PM, TurboR56Mini said:

I took a look, this seems REALLY intense as a survival game. I've watched one trailer and some gameplay. Looks neat, have you played or anyone else on FG?

It is, like Phil says. However, its got really good building mechanics and looks more realistic...unfortunately that means staying alive is a little tough - however not as tough as something like DayZ imo.

If it could bring a Valheim theme with a story and lots of quests and objectives thats the key. Thanks for the heads up on the creator though. Shame.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

It is, like Phil says. However, its got really good building mechanics and looks more realistic...unfortunately that means staying alive is a little tough - however not as tough as something like DayZ imo.

If it could bring a Valheim theme with a story and lots of quests and objectives thats the key. Thanks for the heads up on the creator though. Shame.

Yeah I had no idea about that. It's a shame, I'm going to hold judgement until I can play it though. I was a NMS guy back in 2016 when the world was shitting on Hello Games. Then he shut everyone up and fix the game, made it better, and now we have a great space building game. Although the game may not suit everyone's playing style (to be expected) you can't argue that they made an amazing comeback all for FREE. I have to hope this dude can make this game in the same vein. It just looks so neat.