New Warzone Map

J4MES OX4D

22 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Is the new map in a rotation btw? Or can you still select Verdansk if its a pile of doodoo?

The new map is apparently Verdansk 84 and the OG one has been removed completely and will likely never return. 

Warzone's branding has been changed into Black Ops Cold War now. 

20 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The new map is apparently Verdansk 84 and the OG one has been removed completely and will likely never return. 

Warzone's branding has been changed into Black Ops Cold War now. 

Really? But why? Maybe because it takes up another 100gb for one more map?! I heard it was exactly the same with some very subtle differences. I suppose it helps matchmaking if they have one map but I didn't think that would be an issue due to the amount of players that play Warzone in the world?

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Really? But why? Maybe because it takes up another 100gb for one more map?! I heard it was exactly the same with some very subtle differences. I suppose it helps matchmaking if they have one map but I didn't think that would be an issue due to the amount of players that play Warzone in the world?

My understanding is they want Warzone to be based on the current Call of Duty at that time so if the next game is based in WW2, it will revert to that eventually. It sounds like they'd rather use new content rather than bring back old stuff for this mode to keep it remaining fresh. Bit risky if people hate the new map or game it's built on, but drive space is probably another factor as you say and they probably just want to keep things as simple as possible.