Headset Recommendations Please 😁

Antpool84

So since i've started joining in with the FG Fifa peeps on a Monday night i've been using my phone headphones as a makeshift headset, but the sound quality hasn't been great and i'm sure they are starting to go a knacker, so I'm looking to get a relatively decent headset. I've got a PS5 and don't really want to go above the Β£50 mark, and thought this would be the ideal place to get some recommendations πŸ™‚Β Let me hear what you think guys πŸ™‚

• Antpool84 changed the title to Headset Recommendations Please 😁

Right, here's my 2p from a headset POV on the PS4/5.

Β 

On Budget - I've searched around and luckily by chance the Astro A10s have gone down to Β£49.99 on Amazon. I think this is a great price albeit wired but that doesn't matter too much in the grans scheme of things. My daughter has these and I think they are a huge update to a simple earbud. You may have to check the options they have though as stock may not be available straight away or you could spend an extra tenner to get a variation of the headset abit earlier?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Slightly over budget - The best value for money that always gets mentioned is the Sony Golds. You can usually find them for around Β£70-Β£100 but they've always been on point and amazing at sound. Not forgetting they're wireless too. They were my first headset from the PS4 earbud and I couldn't recommend them enough.

Β 

Way over budget - I love Astro A50's but they are in the hundreds (usually Β£250). Something to aspire to get one day as they'll take your hearing skills to the next level! One thing I have noticed is that Steel Series are catching up in this area and you could find a top level headset from them for around Β£150 which are nearly on par with these based on other FGers past buys.

Β 

Hope this helps @Antpool84 !

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

@TurboR56Mini Β has 2 of these (because he felt it was too "inconvenient" to bring it from his PS5 to his gaming PC...) -->Β 

a41ddd67a5d84418b0a7e1fa2e13488f.png.120
STEELSERIES.COM

Arctis Pro Wireless features dual-wireless technology with lag-free 2.4G wireless lossless audio and Bluetooth mobile audio, combined with hi-res capable speaker drivers and a ClearCast mic.

Β 

Β 

I have this one (he can correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't pick it out) -->Β 

247e2e5862cc4d849ac5697e63dd3858.png.120
STEELSERIES.COM

The Arctis 1 Wireless is an all-platform gaming headset that doubles as your on-the-go headphones, so you can enjoy the award-winning wireless performance of Arctis anywhere.

Β 

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Right, here's my 2p from a headset POV on the PS4/5.

Β 

On Budget - I've searched around and luckily by chance the Astro A10s have gone down to Β£49.99 on Amazon. I think this is a great price albeit wired but that doesn't matter too much in the grans scheme of things. My daughter has these and I think they are a huge update to a simple earbud. You may have to check the options they have though as stock may not be available straight away or you could spend an extra tenner to get a variation of the headset abit earlier?

Β 

Β 

Β 

Slightly over budget - The best value for money that always gets mentioned is the Sony Golds. You can usually find them for around Β£70-Β£100 but they've always been on point and amazing at sound. Not forgetting they're wireless too. They were my first headset from the PS4 earbud and I couldn't recommend them enough.

Β 

Way over budget - I love Astro A50's but they are in the hundreds (usually Β£250). Something to aspire to get one day as they'll take your hearing skills to the next level! One thing I have noticed is that Steel Series are catching up in this area and you could find a top level headset from them for around Β£150 which are nearly on par with these based on other FGers past buys.

Β 

Hope this helps @Antpool84 !

Β 

@GazzaGarrattwow!! That's a great help dude! ill definitely check out some of them today πŸ™‚ The sony golds sound like they could be a good shout

Β 

@RenFengge Β i saw the Arctis 1 on amazon so will defo check that out too πŸ™‚

5 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

@TurboR56Mini Β has 2 of these (because he felt it was too "inconvenient" to bring it from his PS5 to his gaming PC...) -->Β 

a41ddd67a5d84418b0a7e1fa2e13488f.png.120
STEELSERIES.COM

Arctis Pro Wireless features dual-wireless technology with lag-free 2.4G wireless lossless audio and Bluetooth mobile audio, combined with hi-res capable speaker drivers and a ClearCast mic.

Β 

Β 

I have this one (he can correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't pick it out) -->Β 

247e2e5862cc4d849ac5697e63dd3858.png.120
STEELSERIES.COM

The Arctis 1 Wireless is an all-platform gaming headset that doubles as your on-the-go headphones, so you can enjoy the award-winning wireless performance of Arctis anywhere.

Β 

Β 

Yes, yes it was a pain in ass to do that. To be fair, it's not just "my gaming PC" rather my office as well. I use the second headset on an A/B switch for my gaming PC and my work laptop. I like to consider myself a big deal at work (I kid I kid, but really though) so I'm on calls all day making sure we stay out of jail while stopping the baddies. The pro quality is top notch for me so I bought it again. The dual battery swapping is best in class 100%, +10 hours of battery instantly for a true wireless experience. The sound is amazing and yes it's expensive but you get what you pay for. I'm a "pay for the correct thing once" kind of guy these days (now that I have a wee bit-o-money).Β 

3 minutes ago, Antpool84 said:

Ok, so i can get the steelseries arctis 1x or the astro a10 today, both are Β£49.99 and as its only for once or twice a week use i'm happy with this price for now i think. Just trying to decide which one to go for now

Β 

I'm partial to Steelseries. Good quality for the price.

Sounds like you'll win out either way as they are both very good choices imo. Personally, i'd go for whatever that can give the headset today or tomorrow to make full advantage of the headset!! πŸ˜„

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Just now, GazzaGarratt said:

Sounds like you'll win out either way as they are both very good choices imo. Personally, i'd go for whatever that can give the headset today or tomorrow to make full advantage of the headset!! πŸ˜„

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i can pick either up in argos today 😁