F1 2021

Greboth

This has honestly been one of the better seasons for F1.  It's nice to see some other teams getting some podiums this year.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 8/7/2021 at 11:51 PM, Riff Machine said:

This has honestly been one of the better seasons for F1.  It's nice to see some other teams getting some podiums this year.

It really is. The gap between Mercedes and Red Bull is closer than ever and now we start to see McLaren and Ferrari getting closer. Not to mention all the drama that unfolded at the last race, that was insane! Loved seeing all the different strategies and mistakes take place. I think Hungary keep getting lucky that either drivers have a real bad day and cause huge scenes or the weather can completely change what happens. I felt gutted for London after he jumped 3 places on the starting grid, only for Bottas to make his one and only mistake in his career on the starting grid. What a time to do it and take 4-5 cars out 😅 Looking forward to the next one already!

15 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

Has anyone watched the F1 documentary series on Netflix? Really got me back into F1, really interesting

Yes dude, it is a brilliant few series to watch. gives you a better look at what actually goes on in the world of F1. 

Can't wait for the summer break to be over!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

12 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

Yes dude, it is a brilliant few series to watch. gives you a better look at what actually goes on in the world of F1. 

Can't wait for the summer break to be over!

I'm gutted, I'm usually busy most Sundays with girlfriend but last week and this week I've been free and its been the break 🤦‍♂️😂

3 minutes ago, Dan94 said:

I'm gutted, I'm usually busy most Sundays with girlfriend but last week and this week I've been free and its been the break 🤦‍♂️😂

That's just bloody typical dude haha

I currently am awaiting my Virgin TV to be sorted as I have moved house so I am hoping its all sorted before the Belgian GP 😄

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

1 hour ago, G_dub52 said:

That's just bloody typical dude haha

I currently am awaiting my Virgin TV to be sorted as I have moved house so I am hoping its all sorted before the Belgian GP 😄

Ahh good timing for you then! Here's hoping 😄 

On 8/19/2021 at 10:06 AM, Dan94 said:

Has anyone watched the F1 documentary series on Netflix? Really got me back into F1, really interesting

Absolutely. Even if people don't like F1, its a fantastic watch regardless. Very well madehow it highlights the entire grid rather than just the winners.

This season has been fantastic so far and i'm really looking forward to Belgian GP this weekend. I also heard about Lando potentially on Red Bull's cards to join them. Ngl, I hope not. Christian Horner really annoys me and whilst them being competitive makes it exciting racing, I'm hoping McLaren can really push on and break that barrier so they can make it nice and tight with 3 teams rather than 2 at the top.

So silly season is fully underway with drivers coming, going and switching team.

I think most people have seen about Bottas is leaving Merc to move to Alfa Romeo.  I always find it slightly odd when a driver leaves a top team to go to a midfield / back of the grid as Bottas will have even less chance of scoring points than he did winning at Merc.  Still, I suppose, they're racers to the core so will take any seat they can to continue racing.  Though I think it's a shame to see Kimi going, he's very marmite but I fall on the side of loving him.  His general no fucks given attitude is great in the very stuck up, media centric corporate world that modern F1 is.

Obviously the big news is Russell to Mercedes next year which is fantastic news.  Russell seems a star of the future but I do feel it's a year too late as with the new regs next year, I think it would have been better to get him acclimatised to the team and their practices this year ready for next year.  In hindsight this would potentially also be a benefit of fighting the Red Bulls as, I like most, think Russell is faster than Bottas.  Still hopefully Merc have designed a good car for next year as I'd love to see Hamilton and Russell fighting for the WDC.

And finally, announced today is Albon will back and taking Russell's seat at Williams.  I still can't make my mind up about Albon though, on the one had he tanked hard in the Red Bull but in junior series, other F1 seats and his stint in DTM he's been pretty good.  Added to that, take someone like Gasly, also tanked hard at Red Bull but is killing it now with Alpha Tauri or even Perez who isn't having a great year in the Red Bull.  It does make you wonder if it's something to do with the team or the car is so focused on Max that no-one else can drive it.  Either way, good to see him back and to see how he does.

We've still got some of the 'old' guard around but the future of F1 is exciting with Russell, Norris, Sainz and LeClerc all being young and in top (or top-ish) teams.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

What. A. Race!!!

Monza looked likely to be a good one after Hamilton's slow start in the Sprint race. I couldn't be happier that McLaren finally has made their way back up to the top. Even without the crash that happened with Verstappen and Hamilton, it was clear that Ricciardo was holding on to the lead very very well and fully desereved it. Lando just keeps getting better and better as well so no doubt if their car can just be tweaked ever so slightly to play with Red Bull and Mercedes I think their drivers have the ability to dethrone them. Lando's pass on Leclerc was simply awesome and fair play to Bottas for getting through the pack the way he did. Pretty distateful for Coulthard to ask him more questions about the Hamilton-Verstappen crash immediately after he played a blinder to get a podium. What a numpty.

A 3 grid place penalty for Verstappen seems to be the correct decision (although as usual, many disagreements on social media). as its standard for a grid penalty once the decision has been made. I can't remember when he has actually backed out of a battle. A fearless mentality but it shows he hasn't grown up yet - although weirdly the points over the entire weekend possibly worked in his favour after getting a few points from the Sprint.

Hey, 
I'm interested in Formula 1 because of the fact that a Pole used to drive in these races. Robert Kubica was a great driver, it's a shame that because of such a terrible situation, he can't drive anymore.