Microsoft looking to buy up Discord

This is looking like a 50/50 chance at the moment.  And 10 billion?!  

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I remember back before Xbox One was released I was invited to a play test and feedback session. What struck me when I was at their offices is how focused they were on video sharing and I always thought they'd be more likely to go for Twitch.

With this, haven't read the article but I suppose its about access to all those potential new customers.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Discord has been talking to potential buyers and software giant Microsoft is in the running, but no deal is imminent, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. Discord is more likely to go public than sell itself, one person said. Representatives for Microsoft and Discord declined to comment. VentureBeat reported earlier on Monday that Discord was engaged in sales talks.

Microsoft will most likely not purchase Discord.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

They already have an ingame LFG dont they? This is where Discord can shine, because of so many bot integrations you can do with discord.

Its a powerful instant messaging service thats for sure but you'd think Sony would've been a better option for them (although I know its not their choice Microsoft are looking at them).

Newer games are 50/50 creating their own discord to build their own community alongside a Trello board for updates on the games vs your traditional forum and website interaction areas.

Be interesting to see where it goes.

15 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

To be totally realistic, it's not out of the ordinary for a company to buy an up and coming product, only to gut it so it kills the competition.

I agree with you Rob but that’s a hefty price tag for a butcher job

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork