Quell

RenFengge

Has anyone seen this?? Now, I'm a big supporter of having proper form (and footwork), especially for fighting, but this looks.. awesome.

6_2-1.png
PLAYQUELL.COM

An immersive first-person fitness game you can play anywhere - Quell is the future of fitness gaming. Sign-up today.

16 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Has anyone seen this?? Now, I'm a big supporter of having proper form (and footwork), especially for fighting, but this looks.. awesome.

6_2-1.png
PLAYQUELL.COM

An immersive first-person fitness game you can play anywhere - Quell is the future of fitness gaming. Sign-up today.

Star Trek holodecks, that's what I'm waiting for😁 But this does look cool and seems to be getting backed. It would definitely make exercise fun for people like me who find exercise really boring, e.g. I need to  have after a ball to chase after if you ever want to see me running. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Star Trek holodecks, that's what I'm waiting for😁 But this does look cool and seems to be getting backed. It would definitely make exercise fun for people like me who find exercise really boring, e.g. I need to  have after a ball to chase after if you ever want to see me running. 

Ohhh.. How I wish we lived in the age of Star Trek holodecks! I would really never need to leave home ever again hahaha.

But, this does look cool, and I would love to see it paired with a running platform:

Part of my interest in fitness is that I want to be somewhat capable like how my favorite characters are. Granted, there are athletic feats that they do that are highly unrealistic, but I want to attempt to get somewhat in the range of it. Playing Horizon Zero Dawn re-piqued my interest in wall/rock climbing and learning how to shoot a bow and arrow. Various superhero shows keep my interest in combat martial arts active.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't hate cardio so much if I was actually running away from something lol. It's probably the only time you will see me run. Or, unless it's on the soccer field and the person I'm going toe-to-toe with is something I highly dislike.

5 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Yeah, looks interesting, reasonably priced for the kit but, unless I missed it, I couldn’t see a spec requirement for the PC

Based on the footage released, I don't think the PC requirements are high. Until there are ways to get Quell into non-Quell developed games, I don't think it will require much than a basic computer spec. I mean, it can probably run on a basic Chromebook or Surface hah.

I'd like to see Nintendo take this tech and run with it like they did with their Wii Fit.