Deep Rock Galactic

Bluebear

There's a special magic when you're deep in a cave system, and your flares finally die down. Just you, a gunner, and your buddy, an engineer, frantically finishing off some pipes going to a pump. The blackness is lit only by the red glare of the searchlights on your engineer's sentry guns, swinging over the empty tunnel ahead. Nothing. Then a noise, and the searchlight swings back, revealing a horde of alien bugs crawling on the walls and ceiling towards the two hapless dwarves in their territory.

"Rock and stone", you mutter under your breath as your minigun starts to spool up.

--------

Deep Rock Galactic is a team based shooter/survival game featuring dwarves in space. A game where you go America on alien biomes to pump out a load of liquid ore. A game where everyone frantically tries runs rings around a massive beastly boss that is very angry at you. A game where you can drink beer and dance during downtime in between missions. A game where, sometimes, you might just have to leave people behind to the alien hordes.

I picked this up last week and quite honestly, I did not expect to like it (or play it) as much as I have. It's a fantastically well done game, from the ambiance of pooting a flare through a massive cavern to reveal aliens and/or minerals in the moving pool of light, to the synergy between classes and their abillities but yet still balanced enough that you could go ham with a team full of gunners and still get the job done.

There are four classes in Deep Rock; Gunner, Engineer, Scout and Digger. There's miniguns, flamethrowers, slow time grenades, zipline launchers, platform launchers, sticky flares, and tons more. Certain classes and equipment can complement others, such as the Engineer with the platform launcher and the Gunner with the zipline launcher if there was a huge chasm to traverse.

There's perks to unlock to use across your classes, equipment to unlock specific to classes, clothes and beards (literally) to unlock; plenty to keep you going!

Also the beards have physics.

--------

Deep Rock Galactic is 35% off at the time of writing, until Sunday 14th!

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

6 minutes ago, Bluebear said:

Deep Rock Galactic is a team based shooter/survival game featuring dwarves in space. A game where you go America on alien biomes to pump out a load of liquid ore.

🤣 I would like to note that this American was raised by Captain Planet... so not about drilling IRL haha..

However, give me like StarCraft, and I will mine the sh*t out of the minerals as fast as possible. 😂

Also, now I am highly curious about this game.

Its been on my wishlist for a while on Steam but hesitated due to the amount of games we're all playing but also the one part I wanted to hear more about was objectives as last time I got into the reviews it essentially didn't have any other than just mine.

Yes, I said mine, Dave @Plumbers Crack . You'd lose yourself in this tbh. Although I'm not sure what you do after you've mined!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb