FG FIFA Euros League

jordie1892

fifa 21 euro league.jpg

Hi All,

With the Euros approaching in the summer, I figured we could hold our own set of international matches for the build up!

I'm setting up a FIFA league, made up from teams participating in the Euros. I'll organize the fixtures (aiming for 1 or 2 a week if you can give me your thoughts), and keep an updated table.

Obviously this is all for fun, but in order to keep everything fair I will be randomly generating fixtures for 3 placement matches. Based on the results (which I will ask you to send me privately) you will randomly be selected a team from one of the below tiers, with the better players being given more difficult teams. Again this is for fun, so I'm trusting everyone to try their best in these placement matches! There are a few teams left over, so in the event any more people want to join, we can do a reshuffle here.

Tier 1

France, Germany, England, Portugal

Tier 2

Italy, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain

Tier 3

Switzerland, Denmark, Austria, Poland

Tier 4

Scotland, Turkey, Sweden, Russia

There will be a custom FG FIFA trophy to play for, so it's all on the line!

To get things going, can you please respond to this topic if you want to participate, I'm aiming to release the fixtures for the placement matches next weekend!

We have 12 players now, which is perfect to get started.  We can still fit in a couple more should anyone want to join, but I'll be cutting it off entries this weekend and releasing the placement fixtures.

My goal for this was for the games to take us right up to the Euros. I want to get peoples opinions on whether we play one game per week , or two per week with a home and away fixture? It's really down to how busy everyone is!

12 hours ago, TonyAE86 said:

Yeah I'm in as well dude, assuming I've got the broadband connected lol

You will have to play your games from my house dude lol

I don't mind 1 or 2 games a week to be fair. I think 2 would be better so we all get a little more game time in but if people can only do 1 game then its all gravy 🤙

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

We're all ready to go on the placement matches gentlemen! Once the league gets going, it shouldn't be a big problem if you miss matches as they can be played at a later date. For the sake of getting things going however, I'd ask that you try to complete your 3 placement matches by the 28th March. There is no fixed night to play the match, please just find a time when your opponent is free! Please message me your results either via Whatsapp or messaging on the forum.

For the placement matches, you can pick any team you like!

Placement fixtures are as follows:

Round 1

@LordBaguette  vs @JamaicanSteve

@Lurch  vs @ChaosGladiator

@jordie1892  vs @GazzaGarratt

@Stretch616  vs @Antpool84

@Findmartin  vs @TonyAE86

@G_dub52  vs @TheMuggySpud

Round 2

@Antpool84  vs @ChaosGladiator

@JamaicanSteve  vs @TonyAE86

@TheMuggySpud  vs @GazzaGarratt

@G_dub52  vs @jordie1892

@LordBaguette  vs @Findmartin

@Lurch  vs @Stretch616

Round 3

@GazzaGarratt vs @Stretch616

@Findmartin  vs @JamaicanSteve

@ChaosGladiator  vs @G_dub52

@TheMuggySpud  vs @Lurch

@Antpool84  vs @jordie1892

@TonyAE86  vs @LordBaguette

As there are an uneven number of teams @Macca89  has kindly volunteered to take on the challenge of playing as Hungary, though still remains the bookies favourite!

Good luck everybody!

Whilst we weren't able to complete all the placement games, I've 'simulated' the rest of the results and gone ahead with the draw using 'https://wheelofnames.com/'. In a slight deviation from the original plan due to the number of entrants, we are using the top 3 tiers listed in the OP, with Macca now taking on the challenge of Scotland from tier 4!

Find out your team below!

@jordie1892  - Austria

@ChaosGladiator  - Switzerland

@JamaicanSteve  - Poland

@Lurch - Denmark

@Findmartin  - Netherlands

@LordBaguette - Belgium

@GazzaGarratt - Spain

@G_dub52  - Italy

@Stretch616  - England

@Antpool84  - France

@TonyAE86  - Portugal

@TheMuggySpud  - Germany

@Macca89  - Scotland

I'm organizing the fixtures now which I will share shortly, however I think for the sake of getting the games played, it will pretty much be play whoever you can whenever you can, and send me the results!

Super @jordie1892 ! I think this will be great fun!

I've took all the team updates and i've stuck it into our Tournaments application on FG so hopefully it looks pretty pukka with all the teams in there. Unfortunately I had to add 3 N/A teams to fill the gap so we may give free points to you all so they can be stuck at the bottom 😄

The league can be found below with all the fixtures in it. As Jordie says, play when you can. Home and Away games against each other and then let us know the scores. Keep coming back here to say how things went and we'll have some good banter along the way. You can also access the Tournament through the menu bar and also on the FIFA Game Hub Page when scrolling 😄

Already had a quick game against @Macca89  and it was much tighter than I thought! Although, my first shot was in the 90th minute!! 🤣 A 1-0 win for Scotland (you can see the results populated on the relevant rounds too! (this is on Round 8).

GGFG

A really good start to this little league - 14 GAMES PLAYED yesterday already! I really want this to happen so thanks for everyone that had a cheeky game (or 7 like me 😄). I'll come back and write up about my own performance which in a nutshell was dreadful 🤣 but its all for the lolz.

Remember, you only 10-15 mins free to grab a game and they don't need to be played in any order.