Devil May Cry 5

Really, REALLY late to the party with this one.  I hadn’t planned on buying this, but a nice sale can change ones mind quite fast. 

If you’ve played any of the other games in this series, it’s more of the same.  Controls are more reminiscent of DMC4 then the other 3.  It’s the same action, gunplay the series is known for.  I’ve been enjoying it and cursing at it as well.  Some parts are frustrating as all hell, but that’s the games style.  

The new character, V is pretty fun to play as.  Rather then attack himself, he utilizes demons to attack instead.  These are both controlled the same as Dante and Neros gun and swords.  It works well.  Really easy to SSS rank combos with him.  

Again, if you like the series, you’ll dig this.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

On 2/28/2021 at 4:37 AM, Riff Machine said:

Really, REALLY late to the party with this one.  I hadn’t planned on buying this, but a nice sale can change ones mind quite fast. 

If you’ve played any of the other games in this series, it’s more of the same.  Controls are more reminiscent of DMC4 then the other 3.  It’s the same action, gunplay the series is known for.  I’ve been enjoying it and cursing at it as well.  Some parts are frustrating as all hell, but that’s the games style.  

The new character, V is pretty fun to play as.  Rather then attack himself, he utilizes demons to attack instead.  These are both controlled the same as Dante and Neros gun and swords.  It works well.  Really easy to SSS rank combos with him.  

Again, if you like the series, you’ll dig this.  

What's the series like Chad? Is it like anything else that you've ever played? I say this cos i've never tried a DMC game. Always loved the style of the the graphics, but not really a hack n' slash type of person cos I don't quite get a hang of the controls but unsure if it is exactly like that.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

It’s a bit more over the top hack/slash. More about style points and combos for better ranking on stages.  Bayonetta, viewtiful joe and maybe the combat part of the original god of war games come to mind.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

This is definitely one i'd love to get, especially the ps5 edition. I've played the last couple, but DMC4 was definitely my favourite. Its one i've meant to play for ages but never got round to getting it. Love a good hack n slash and getting those massive combos lol