Final Fantasy VII Remake - New Episode

RenFengge

I see in a separate thread we get a free PS5 upgrade for the game which is ace to see.

Do you think they've released this as they had Yuffie ready to go but the next installment is going to be delayed?

Oh, and  @Middle Class Caveman  you seen this yet?? 😎

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

3 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Why waste your time developing this stuff when we could be catching chocobos or up in the golden saucer....literally a massive money grab 😭

Do you think though that's because you need the whole open world to go and source yourself a chocobo yourself? Have the fun was finding the right type of chocobo in the wild and then bringing it to the races. Surely they need more installments of the game to come out?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

7 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Do you think though that's because you need the whole open world to go and source yourself a chocobo yourself? Have the fun was finding the right type of chocobo in the wild and then bringing it to the races. Surely they need more installments of the game to come out?

To be honest it's not until you fight ultimate weapon that you get free reign of the map. Even the open world stuff has a clear 'sequence' and you can't really go anywhere than where you need to go. The first bit after Midgar is going to the chocobo farm, catch a chocobo and cross the midgar zolom pit......

signatures small.jpg

This game was an amazing experience. I have played the original Final Fantasy VII and while the remake is not 100% true to the original when it comes to story, it exceeded my expectations in what it delivers as a whole. Some may complain that you are not getting the entire game as Square Enix has mentioned that this is part 1 of several episodes but Final Fantasy VII Remake will give you 40 to 50 hours of gameplay (minimum not counting extra post game content) and after you see what content was put into this game you will understand why Square needs to expand the game into separate parts. This game alone is 2 blu-rays long!

15 hours ago, JasonHill said:

This game was an amazing experience. I have played the original Final Fantasy VII and while the remake is not 100% true to the original when it comes to story, it exceeded my expectations in what it delivers as a whole. Some may complain that you are not getting the entire game as Square Enix has mentioned that this is part 1 of several episodes but Final Fantasy VII Remake will give you 40 to 50 hours of gameplay (minimum not counting extra post game content) and after you see what content was put into this game you will understand why Square needs to expand the game into separate parts. This game alone is 2 blu-rays long!

I think FFVII Remake was the best any FFVII fan could have asked for, and it also definitely exceeded my expectations.

Lifting the entire game and slapping on next gen graphics would not have appeased anyone. The route that Square took with this was a very wise one. They modernized the game and kept as true as possible. The core values of it are still there (I actually wrote a term paper on FFVII and the ethics explored).

I think most people forget that the golden age of JRPGs actually had stories that went 80 hours, even 120 hours. So, FFVII Remake Part 1 is on track in terms of hours. The original story was as good as any intense book I read as a teenager, and the remake is still lightyears ahead of average games these days.

Definitely looking forward to the next part! Glad you enjoyed it!