• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Both AC and ACC are brilliant though for somewhat different reasons.  ACC does GT3 and GT4 cars better as it’s focused only on them and has all the official tracks.  This means the single player champ

ACC is as brilliant as it is frustrating.  I’ll be interested to hear your views on it in VR.  I struggled to get it to run well but it’s been a while since I tried.   I don’t play ACC enoug

Sounds good. Anytime you wanna mix it up and jump in, I'm down. VR was reallllly choppy when I first ran ACC (Oculus mode, not Steam VR) but after a reboot it was very good. Much better than Project C

Posted Images

ACC is as brilliant as it is frustrating.  I’ll be interested to hear your views on it in VR.  I struggled to get it to run well but it’s been a while since I tried.

I don’t play ACC enough but I think @phil bottlehas it for PC too so we could do some online racing if you fancy it?

51016392292_1a222481cc_o.jpg

Sounds good. Anytime you wanna mix it up and jump in, I'm down. VR was reallllly choppy when I first ran ACC (Oculus mode, not Steam VR) but after a reboot it was very good. Much better than Project Cars 2. Especially exciting when you spin out and crash into walls as much as I do.  I think I used the ingame VR high settings. I did have trouble with the alignment. I can adjust the height and lateral camera position but it had me sitting at an angle and I couldn't get it to straighten out. It was like riding a horse side-saddle (I imagine) at 180mph.

ACC was really frustrating at first because I had to absolutely wail on the brakes to get them to do anything. Found a setup article showing me how to adjust brake gamma and it was so much better after that. Gonna give it some more time today.

Dirt 5 just came out on Xbox Game Pass today so I'm gonna give that a spin too on either PC or Xbox. I don't typically like rally games cuz I can keep track of the instructions coming fast and furious (ugh, unintended driving pun) but a "free" game is a free game.

I've now got AC to try at some point on PC so when I get better setup and I don't have to take too long to get the wheel put up I'll happily put some laps in with you. I'm sure I'll be hitting walls like no tomorrow in that game too.

14 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've now got AC to try at some point on PC so when I get better setup and I don't have to take too long to get the wheel put up I'll happily put some laps in with you. I'm sure I'll be hitting walls like no tomorrow in that game too.

There are a few of us with AC now on PC, sweet🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just to be clear, I should look for a deal on AC (not ACC)?

Edit: Found it for $4.18. Installing now...

capsule_616x353.jpg
ISTHEREANYDEAL.COM

Edited by Shucker
Update
2 hours ago, Shucker said:

Just to be clear, I should look for a deal on AC (not ACC)?

Edit: Found it for $4.18. Installing now...

capsule_616x353.jpg
ISTHEREANYDEAL.COM

Both AC and ACC are brilliant though for somewhat different reasons.  ACC does GT3 and GT4 cars better as it’s focused only on them and has all the official tracks.  This means the single player championship is far better than in AC.  Conversely what makes AC great is it’s less focused; I don’t mean as a sim but in content especially once you factor in mods too.  Being able to race modern F1 card or every decade back to 1960’s, modern GT cars, Can Am, group A touring cars, road cars etc.

So basically, it’s good to have both 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2021 at 11:41 AM, Greboth said:

Both AC and ACC are brilliant though for somewhat different reasons.

Just fired up AC in a Gr3 BMW around Laguna Seca. Man... it's a totally different game. The handling, wheel support/feedback, visuals and audio make GT Sport feel like a mobile game in comparison. 

2 hours ago, Shucker said:

Just fired up AC in a Gr3 BMW around Laguna Seca. Man... it's a totally different game. The handling, wheel support/feedback, visuals and audio make GT Sport feel like a mobile game in comparison. 

Are you running Sol and CSP (Custom Shaders Patch) or just the standard game? As between them, they really update the graphics, lighting, weather etc.  Sims are always subjective but AC is always near the top, if not the top, of the list of the best sims available. 

Base game but video card has so much more to give. Will look into those mods... Thx!

10 hours ago, Shucker said:

Base game but video card has so much more to give. Will look into those mods... Thx!

Start with Content Manager and use that to add mods.

I use Sol, CSP and Crew Chief. 

I think one of them required a donation but can't remember which.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Start with Content Manager and use that to add mods.

I use Sol, CSP and Crew Chief. 

I think one of them required a donation but can't remember which.

It’s Content manager that requires a donation.  It is any donation though so can be as cheap or flush as you like.

Posted (edited)

Set the controller and weather scripts to Sol, but clearly this isn't going to work straight out of the box. 🙂

EDIT: Didn't like the recommended CSP version so I went with the more recent one.

image.png

Edited by Shucker