FG League - Spring Season 2021

phil bottle

Ok, so here we go. Spring Season starts on March 2nd and each Tuesday we will dedicate one race as a League race.

Points for places from 12 weekly races.

Best results from 9 races count towards final tally to decide seasonal winners. This will be decided after all 12 races are done.

I'll add the specific points available at the end.

I'll put a league table up after race 1.

Each seasonal winner will also generate points for the Grand Final in December.

Spring Season weekly tracks

Season_Week

Track

Class

s1_wk1

Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)

Gr.3

s1_wk2

Autodromo De Interlagos

Gr.3

s1_wk3

Autodromo Lago Maggiore GP

Gr.3

s1_wk4

Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Gr.3

s1_wk5

Autopolis International Racing Course

Gr.4

s1_wk6

Fuji Speedway

Gr.2

s1_wk7

Dragon Trail  - Seaside

Gr.3

s1_wk8

Red Bull Ring

Gr.4

s1_wk9

Tokyo Expressway

N200

s1_wk10

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Gr.3

s1_wk11

Williow Springs International Raceway

Gr.4

s1_wk12

Alsace

Gr.2

I'll add the tyres, fuel etc a week in advance.

I'm also open to switching the class for each race, with enough notice.

There will also be post race stewards enquiries for poor driver sportsmanship and points may be reallocated. Might need impartial volunteers for this 😁

Races - FG league points 

1st place = 25

2nd place = 20

3rd place = 15

4th place = 12

5th = 11

Etc

DNF = 0

Season winners will take 8 points into the grand final, where all scores are reset.

The grand final will comprise 3 races, of which the last carries double points.

Gimme a shout if there's anything unclear or if you have any constructive criticism of 👍

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

14 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Ok, so here we go. Spring Season starts on March 2nd and each Tuesday we will dedicate one race as a League race.

Points for places from 12 weekly races.

I'll add the specific points available at the end.

I'll put a league table up after race 1.

Each seasonal winner will also generate points for the Grand Final in December.

Spring Season weekly tracks

Season_Week

Track

Class

s1_wk1

Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans)

Gr.3

s1_wk2

Autodromo De Interlagos

Gr.3

s1_wk3

Autodromo Lago Maggiore GP

Gr.3

s1_wk4

Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Gr.3

s1_wk5

Autopolis International Racing Course

Gr.4

s1_wk6

Fuji Speedway

Gr.2

s1_wk7

Dragon Trail  - Seaside

Gr.3

s1_wk8

Red Bull Ring

Gr.4

s1_wk9

Tokyo Expressway

N200

s1_wk10

WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca

Gr.3

s1_wk11

Williow Springs International Raceway

Gr.4

s1_wk12

Alsace

Gr.2

I'll add the tyres, fuel etc a week in advance.

I'm also open to switching the class for each race, with enough notice.

There will also be post race stewards enquiries for poor driver sportsmanship and points may be reallocated. Might need impartial volunteers for this 😁

Races - FG league points 

1st place = 25

2nd place = 20

3rd place = 15

4th place = 12

5th = 11

Etc

DNF = 0

Season winners will take 8 points into the grand final, where all scores are reset.

The grand final will comprise 3 races, of which the last carries double points.

Gimme a shout if there's anything unclear or if you have any constructive criticism of 👍

This sounds ace! unfortunately I probably wont make it to most of the races as its proving a struggle right now but Im happy to volunteer for any impartial decisions and reviewing footage of any dodgy drivers should it be required.

Would be nice to be involved even if I cant join the races however I can lol.

Good luck all!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

Maybe it would be worth suggesting implementing drop scores, to help people who can’t make it to every race. 

if you say that only your top 9 or 10 scores will count towards the final total then that allows anybody to still be in contention if they have to work or have internet issues etc. 

only a suggestion though

but I really like the idea of this @phil bottle so well done mate. Think there will be some really close racing and it’s an extra incentive to not stop pushing in a race even if it was a poor start

APmVvKG.gif

31 minutes ago, JBR-Kiwi said:

Maybe it would be worth suggesting implementing drop scores, to help people who can’t make it to every race. 

if you say that only your top 9 or 10 scores will count towards the final total then that allows anybody to still be in contention if they have to work or have internet issues etc. 

only a suggestion though

but I really like the idea of this @phil bottle so well done mate. Think there will be some really close racing and it’s an extra incentive to not stop pushing in a race even if it was a poor start

That's a great shout actually, I was supposed to add that but forgot. I'm kind of copying how Gran Turismo do their league. I'll include it in the top post, cheers 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Just as talked about on WhatsApp, is there a difference in rules, do we need to be more strict about giving a place back if you ram someone off, or do we implement the slow down zones like in the daily races? 

10 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

Just as talked about on WhatsApp, is there a difference in rules, do we need to be more strict about giving a place back if you ram someone off, or do we implement the slow down zones like in the daily races? 

I think the best way is to deal with incidents post race. It doesn't save anyone whose race has been ruined but points deductions and other penalties, such as starting the next race from last place will hopefully provide some recourse.

Happy to discuss and I'll try and draw up specific penalties before race 1.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mikepjbell said:

I just wonder if the system is already there to slow people down for punting people off, it might be worth using, rather than adding extra admin after races? Happy either way

The penalty system will be on but it's very flawed unfortunately 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

You know I'll always be in @phil bottle. Standard as FG gets. @JBR-Kiwi  suggestion is a good one which we absolutely need.

Ultimately for me I didnt see anything changing on how we play on a Tuesday. The only difference is one race gets recorded (like it does already) and points gets given out. Thats it. Its all for fun, I doubt we'll ever have sweaty stuff here so we keep it fresh like we have.

11 hours ago, Shucker said:

Sounds cool but I don't think I'll be participating as it's a little too sweaty for my liking and not what I'm looking for in weekly FG races. Unfortunately, I only have time for one race a week in that time slot (3-4:15) so I guess I'll see all y'all in June and maybe on Twitch if someone's streaming.

I personally think just not racing until June with us makes no sense at all buddy, just cos you think its a little sweaty. I won't play if it gets more sweaty than it is and knowing all of us I doubt it would ever get there. The ones that are already the way they are will be the same.

My opinion has always been anyone can race and whoever is in this thingy just gets points allocated. Race, don't get points for it if you don't want and crack on enjoying the races, like you already are.

Ultimately everyone has a prerogative to join/not join so I'll totally respect it if you do but the main purpose isn't to stop people from racing for 3 months when a race will be raced the same way as always, just with something extra on here.

Well mr @Shucker its not stopping in June, that's the start of the Summer season, so you'll be waiting until December 😅

It's only as sweaty as you make it yourself.

Makes zero sense after buying a wheel but each to their own I suppose? 🤔😆

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

7 hours ago, Shucker said:

The game is stressful enough for me when I'm racing and not trying to clip others. I have zero expectations of performing well in the Championship so I'm happy to just race for the heck of it. But once there are points on the line I know I'll be extra nervous about ruining other's races.

When fighting right on the edge of grip and the track for every tenth or hundredth of a second while side by side is what makes racing great.  It's also where the most accidents happen but as long as you're not deliberately or maliciously taking people out then it's just that, an accident.  They happen, whether you're the cause or the recipient it can be frustrating but even as a league with points on the line it's still all for fun and any accidents will  soon be forgiven and forgotten*

Being told something isn't worth worrying about rarely helps so for what it's worth, I do hope to see you racing on Tuesday though ultimately you have to do what is right for you and what you're comfortable with so we'll understand if you don't join.

* well, forgiven definitely but maybe not forgotten as it may get immortalised in one of my highlight videos 😄

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

31 minutes ago, Shucker said:

I feel that races right now have just the right amount of competitiveness where, if someone barrels into corner one at 192mph and takes out three people (I've seen this in my rear view mirror fortunately) people laugh it off and move on... mostly. I could very well take out a couple of people doing something similar but would hate to see it be a bigger issue when points are on the line. I'm the noobiest of noobs and don't even know how to launch properly from a standing start or pit without taking 8 minutes to fuel up. 

Maybe I'll join when I can, which should be most weeks at 8pm, and if I find it's getting less fun and more sweaty and tense than what I signed up for, I'll play my "Ceebs" card and bow out. 

That's probably the best attitude to have though I hope, even with points on the line, the only way the races will be different is people *cough* Tom *cough* won't 'ceeb' after a spin or whatever.

For getting off the line; whether you're using higher or no traction control, the fastest and easiest way to get off the line is turn TC to 1 and go full throttle.  The TC will kick in to stop too much wheel spin and shouldn't hold you back too much.  Once you're moving you can use the HUD to change your TC back to what you normally run.  This doesn't apply to the lower class cars, like the N200 Mazda Touring car we used last Tuesday can be launched full throttle with no TC.

As for refuelling,  one of the options on your HUD (left/right on the D-pad or turning the dial on the G29) is engine map which tells you how many laps of fuel you have left.  This is worth knowing as you can lean out your map (by pressing up/down on the d-pad or the +/- on the g29) to use less fuel though this does come at the cost of also going slower.  Obviously if you have enough laps left you don't need to pit so when you pit select your tyres as soon as you enter the pitlane and then click do not refuel.  If you don't have enough, on the bar that shows your refuelling, there is a small diamond on the top of the fuel bar which is how much fuel the game thinks you need to make the end of the race.  Let the fuel fill to the diamond and click stop refuelling which will then exit the pits early rather than having to wait for the tank to be filled.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

15 hours ago, Greboth said:

Being told something isn't worth worrying about rarely helps so for what it's worth

This is on point. An immediate reaction when driving in the moment is to remind people its okay and 'don't worry about it, its all for fun' but agree this game will always bring nerves out because we all don't want to spoil a race for anyone else. But as you say earlier. Its racing and what makes it interesting and fun for us all so far is the unpredictability of what goes on. I make a mistake one week, i don't the next, but someone else will.

What I would hope to say to anyone that comes to FG is that when we do these types of things they are always to be set out as a fun event to do, something that will give us some memories. If we ever went into the ultra competitive zone I think it would be extremely clear from the outset and pretty much nearly all FGers would likely not enter. Thats what makes us unique - being able to stressful, laugh a minute, championships and also being able to still be friends (that we can then rib each other for years to come about the takeout on turn 5 😄).

Personally I loved it. There was a moment for me when Lee was out breaking himself at one of hairpins so I lifted early to give him space etc but someone behind rear ended me into Lee anyways. 🙈. I think it was a pretty clean race with no issues. When going into the pits I didn’t know you could stop the fuelling early to suit how many laps were left so ended up losing a lot of time refuelling for 2laps 😂😂

Yeah seemed a good race from what I could hear. Unfortunately that incident completely ended the race for me really early on but that's racing for you.

I also didn't put fuel in by accidentally pressing X on the wheel so for 3 full laps @ 4mins a pop, I had to conserve fuel massively. If I didnt need to do that I would've been at least one or two places higher even after having a huge deficit to claw back.

Penalties weren't as bad as qualifying. I got through the whole race without them until right near the final few corners.

Turned out to be a very enjoyable race, and no one seemed to get left behind, which was nice to see.

Penalties didn't really feature in the race, which was good, and to be honest I thought it was very straightforward.

I managed to go a whole race without fucking up or getting fucked up. Kiwi managed to do the whole 5 laps on one tank and it nearly paid off. Excellent strategy. 

I'll post the league table up later today.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

31 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

What are peoples thoughts on having reverse grid order based on previous race, rather than qualifying?

For other races each Tuesday makes sense. Not for this league one though. We can still have fun most of the night then and I don't think Qualifying will always be in the same order as we think when I can see many people improving week on week!

7 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

So some of you dragged me here, what's the deal with the Tuesday racing? I see the chart up top, what week is it? I'm still on the fence with caring enough to log into GT.

We have 3 races on a Tuesday.

One of the races is a league race and points are awarded.

We've only had one league race so far.

There will be 12 league races and final points are counted from 9 best results from those 12 races. So you're not disadvantaged missing one race.

All race details are in calendar.

Let us know and we can add you to the party.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

47 minutes ago, Shucker said:

Told a potential client we could line up a call today and that I was only available between 9-3pm (cuz race day). He chose 3pm.

I legit don't understand people when it comes to scheduling. When you give them an end time for a window of availability, that does not mean the meeting can start at the end time of the availability window.

Then again, my professional life revolves around making sure people actually meet and get stuff done... so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

So some of you dragged me here, what's the deal with the Tuesday racing? I see the chart up top, what week is it? I'm still on the fence with caring enough to log into GT.

We've only just started and like I said on Discord, this is something hopefully fun to do whilst we all race together. We all try and respect each other and give back places if we fuck up. Its not elite league (never will be), i'd say its just about the right amount of competitive fun rather than playing in Sport Online mode with the random bunch of dicks that smash and bump you off the track. Have fun like we do and help others where possible and you'd get on just fine with us.

3 hours ago, Shucker said:

Told a potential client we could line up a call today and that I was only available between 9-3pm (cuz race day). He chose 3pm.

Thats utterly backwards. That time isn't available. What a nob jockey he/she is.

Just now, Shucker said:

I mean... this is clear... right?

Hi Jonathan,

Sorry, I couldn't respond earlier, I was out of the office taking my daughter to the optometrist. I don't have any calls or Zoom meetings lined up for tomorrow, so if that works for you, I'm available between 10-3pm if you'd like to line up a time to chat.

Thanks!
Chris

Oh, it's perfectly clear. 

It's why them choosing 3PM is incredibly annoying lol.