Cold War Season 2

MrBiron

It's got a new 6V6 map and they're making a Strike version of Miami but in the day time. Plus loads of shite they'll want us to buy in the store. I don't even know why I'm posting this as I haven't played the game at all this year 🤷‍♂️

BOCW-S2-ROADMAP.jpg

fart.gif

On 2/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, MrBiron said:

It's got a new 6V6 map and they're making a Strike version of Miami but in the day time. Plus loads of shite they'll want us to buy in the store. I don't even know why I'm posting this as I haven't played the game at all this year 🤷‍♂️

BOCW-S2-ROADMAP.jpg

Disclaimer....

I haven't played the game in 2 weeks either, just have no desire and the "new" content didn't change that. I still watch videos on it as that's more fun than the game. Cold war has sent me back to Destiny crucible even though that game is awful it's at least fun. Anyway this new map (if I played) goes on the list with pines and Miami as maps I don't play....good call treyarch 😂

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I see they're still drip-feeding scorestreaks that have been in the franchise for over a decade🤣

Just imagine when Black Ops 12 comes out and we have to wait until Season 3 before the main menu drops😎

Well they did just add the lobby walking animation

I've played a little bit of the "new" content. 

I like the apocalypse map eventho it looks similar to Madagascar from BO4 in terms of styling. Typical 3 lane, decent flanks and not too large.

The new AR and SMG look pretty Strong from the killcams.

The Deathmachine is good, but not too OP. Unless your preaimed spawn trapping with a harp up it would be disgusting. It's nothing like the BO4 Scythe for comparison, there is a bit of delay on firing intiallly and you could easily be killed before you get a kill with it. It feels LMG like when your wielding it.

I've jumped on this game again recently and it's actually not bad now. Loads of maps now we're at the end of it's support cycle. Seems the best thing to do with a COD games is wait to buy it until a year after its release and then you'll play a finished game. I can only manage maybe an hours play and then it starts to piss me off 🤷‍♂️

fart.gif

39 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

I've jumped on this game again recently and it's actually not bad now. Loads of maps now we're at the end of it's support cycle. Seems the best thing to do with a COD games is wait to buy it until a year after its release and then you'll play a finished game. I can only manage maybe an hours play and then it starts to piss me off 🤷‍♂️

In fairness Kenny @IRaMPaGe  is still playing it and putting up a lot of videos in his PPR which tells me its still good in its places. I must admit, I can't even remember why people hated this game so much. I personally stopped as I got tired of just playing normal MP modes. I'd love to get back on a CoD to play some Search and Destroy. Its been ages since we used to have many of us dominating that mode on previous CoDs!

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Funnily enough, the amount of content we get now is what we used to get day one in COD games back in the day. It's such a shame. Cold War could've been decent off the bat if we had 15+ maps rather than about 6 with 2 scaled down ones and then Nuketown for the 30th time. Vanguard has 20 maps which is ideal - it's just a shame they don't seem very good at all as is the entire game. Things have gotten much worse since they stopped the paid season passes for map packs as they aren't obliged to deliver now. 

On 10/5/2021 at 11:05 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

In fairness Kenny @IRaMPaGe  is still playing it and putting up a lot of videos in his PPR which tells me its still good in its places. I must admit, I can't even remember why people hated this game so much. I personally stopped as I got tired of just playing normal MP modes. I'd love to get back on a CoD to play some Search and Destroy. Its been ages since we used to have many of us dominating that mode on previous CoDs!

I think what put a lot of people off was the lack of content intially. Also the SBMM can be really strong at times. There isn't as much incentive to do well as you will get punished and put into a CDL finals match sooner than you would think.

My only gripe with it is that the connections get iffy when your matching with higher skilled players. Rather than play local players your up against Americans or Asians etc which sucks when your in Europe.

I don't mind taking a beating from time to time, but it's hard to enjoy a thrashing. It's more of the half games in progress with multiple harps up from the enemy team and gunships etc.

The game itself when running smoothly is a lot better and faster paced than MW. It was really campy for so many reasons.

They have added a lot of content since release, but as James said we should of had some of this content to begin with.

Cold War looks a lot better on the eye too than originally.