New Gaming Laptop

G_dub52

So I have gone and bought myself a gaming laptop.

After a fair while looking at specs and education myself a bit about what's out there I have decided upon the following HW to get me into the world of PC gaming.

Acer Nitro 5 with the  17.3" monitor and running Intel core i7.

Graphics card is the GTX1660.

16Gb Ram and 256SSD.

I am hoping this should keep me going for a fair while now to be fair!

I look forward to getting involved with a few other faces and embarking on my PC expansive world discovery!

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

Nice one, will get you added on Steam at some point today.

I came back to PC gaming around 2012, first with Civilisation 5 and then with the DayZ mod. But I was using a work laptop which allowed me about an hour an a half on DayZ before overheating and dying. I loved that mod so much I saved my pennies for a gaming machine, best move I ever made.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

36 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Nice one, will get you added on Steam at some point today.

I came back to PC gaming around 2012, first with Civilisation 5 and then with the DayZ mod. But I was using a work laptop which allowed me about an hour an a half on DayZ before overheating and dying. I loved that mod so much I saved my pennies for a gaming machine, best move I ever made.

I am super excited to branch out and seeing the amount of games and the mods to just keep making games better and better is just ace. Im looking forward to trying some of the more indie games too and just seeing what developers are upto.

I appreciate the add in advance! Any other game recommendations are also greatly appreciated. Ill keep an eye on the thread for deals and giveaways too and see what interesting adventures await!

Welcome to PCMR! Lol. I still like my Playstation and Switch for various games.

But, I grew up with mostly PC gaming!

Love gaming laptops for their mobility. Worked well for me during my very nomadic lifestyle when I was younger (and recently when I feared getting kicked out of my game room before @TurboR56Mini  started to get into gaming).

What kind of games are you going to play on your laptop?

6 hours ago, G_dub52 said:

So I have gone and bought myself a gaming laptop.

After a fair while looking at specs and education myself a bit about what's out there I have decided upon the following HW to get me into the world of PC gaming.

Acer Nitro 5 with the  17.3" monitor and running Intel core i7.

Graphics card is the GTX1660.

16Gb Ram and 256SSD.

I am hoping this should keep me going for a fair while now to be fair!

I look forward to getting involved with a few other faces and embarking on my PC expansive world discovery!

Welcome!! GET VALHEIM....this is all. But really, glad to see new folks getting into it. Great time for gaming being in lockdown. 

Valheim is first on the list @TurboR56Mini for sure! I will have this downloaded on Friday no questions asked. Other games on my growing steam wishlist @RenFengge include day-z, diablo 3, fallout 4 and rust. There's plenty more but I can't think off the top of my head 🙂

I look forward to joining in with you guys as soon as possible! 

I'll still be doing FIFA Mondays with FG and trying for Gran Turismo Tuesday as well as warzone on my playstation and football manager and several Lego games with the boy on the switch so gaming has kicked up a gear in our house 😆

57 minutes ago, G_dub52 said:

Valheim is first on the list @TurboR56Mini for sure! I will have this downloaded on Friday no questions asked. Other games on my growing steam wishlist @RenFengge include day-z, diablo 3, fallout 4 and rust. There's plenty more but I can't think off the top of my head 🙂

still haven't finished Fallout 4. STILL! I got so distracted with base building, then there was a bug where one of my camps wouldn't get above 75% on happiness or whatever... so infuriating. Then I think I got another bug right at the end of the game, so I couldn't complete it.

Great list to start with! I would say Witcher should be in there, but I haven't played any of the series. I heard it was fantastic. And, Mass Effect Legendary, just so you can see the difference in visuals (or experience it for the first time). Then there's Civilization 4, 5, and 6. I like 4 the best, but obviously 6 will be the newest graphics.

So excited for you! Hope to catch you on Valheim!

A bit late to the party but thats awesome news George @G_dub52 ! I think some people always feel hesiatnt on gaming laptops but I think they can definitely suit people's needs and a great starter for getting into PC gaming with all of us too.

Valheim I can see you've already had the taste of it, and you'll find my choices are all around survival, less twitch FPS games. Valheim, 7 Days, Green Hell, even Minecraft to an extent because these give you chances to dip in and play with others on your PC and also be chilled enough to pop back and forth on it due to the servers we have running right now. Hopefully you can see how a PC can work alongside the console games because they won't ever go away with the large majority of us finding very good party games to come back to on there.