Twitch Censors Metallica Live..

J4MES OX4D

3 hours ago, IRaMPaGe said:

Sounds utterly ridiculous, as Phil said Metallica are notorious of copyright infringements. I remember that Napster incident. Probably was Lars Ulrich himself that notified Twitch. 😂

Napster - now that's a name I haven't heard in about 20 years😂 I suppose Metallica are seen as the OG's of DMCA's as that was probably the first notable lawsuit filed of this nature - prior to that it was burning discs and copying tapes pretty much!

The performance went fine on YouTube so I wonder if this was one of Twitch's automated triggers where any music that isn't in a recommended free playlist is detected and censored. Either that or someone pulled the plug deliberately or with some nostalgic irony. You would've thought Activision Blizzard, Twitch and Metallica themselves would've possibly anticipated this or planned better. Definitely shows Twitch's no nonsense approach and why stremers are treading on eggshells. You can literally get DMCA'd if music is detected playing on a TV, outside or even via your ringtone - it's crazy! You have to stream in absolute silence pretty much.