Diablo 2: Resurrected

J4MES OX4D

From what I understand is it is still D2 and all its glory. Though it will have the option to toggle on and off the new 3D overlay, along with some quality of life changes. 

I also heard they will be bringing it to the Xbox and PlayStation, which will be interesting to see. 

D2 is by far the best game in the series so far and as much as I love D3 it has been a big let down. As annoying as it was I wish they had kept it in it vanilla state.

Here is hoping that D4 lives up to the hype I have built up for it, as a lot of the core mechanics are coming from D2. 

Will definitely pick this remaster up regardless for the nostalgia at least. 

Looks half decent to be fair which is impressive considering it’s built from the ground up as the original source code was unavailable. They’ve also got a good developer making it in Vicarious Visions as opposed to Blizzarrd doing it in-house. Bit more optimistic about it now 

I'm not sure I could do both and although D2 has been hugely commended in the past, a remake over the brand new version of the game seems like I probably should wait for D4. I enjoyed D3 enough on the PS4 that if I wanted another kick out of Diablo, i'd get it from that as works very well still today. Even have D3 on Switch which is optimised brilliantly on that too for when we go on holidays (remember them? 😄)

xfYcwaaXr9vHbGKSSrEMNa-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

There’s still time to sign up for a shot at getting in.

Worth a shot 

DIABLO2.BLIZZARD.COM

Evil is resurrected in the timeless action RPG classic Diablo® II, and its acclaimed expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction®, now remastered and upgraded.

just login to Battlenet and hit the opt-in button.  

On 2/23/2021 at 6:07 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not sure I could do both and although D2 has been hugely commended in the past, a remake over the brand new version of the game seems like I probably should wait for D4. I enjoyed D3 enough on the PS4 that if I wanted another kick out of Diablo, i'd get it from that as works very well still today. Even have D3 on Switch which is optimised brilliantly on that too for when we go on holidays (remember them? 😄)

I've wondered how it would be on switch.  Good to know!  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 8/12/2021 at 3:35 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Oh here we go

https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-tcp-ip-multiplayer-removed/

Promised features being removed at the 11th hour with bullshit reasons given

The new norm for ActiBlizz. They're such clowns now.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

On 8/12/2021 at 9:35 AM, J4MES OX4D said:

Oh here we go

https://gamerant.com/diablo-2-resurrected-tcp-ip-multiplayer-removed/

Promised features being removed at the 11th hour with bullshit reasons given

"Oh ye soz lol our company is imploding and our staff are like rats off a sinking ship that's also on fire and being bombed because we treated them like shit and now nobody wants to work for us lol soz" 

banlol.png

Played a bit of the beta and they've done a good job with the remaster - really brought it up to date without losing much of what made the original so good. Sadly there's all this Battle.net integration shite even with single player and they've also removed promised ultrawide support so fuck them and fuck Blizzard.  Wont buy this unless 21:9 is re-enabled and this game can be played without connecting to their shitty services. 

On 8/20/2021 at 3:51 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Played a bit of the beta and they've done a good job with the remaster - really brought it up to date without losing much of what made the original so good. Sadly there's all this Battle.net integration shite even with single player and they've also removed promised ultrawide support so fuck them and fuck Blizzard.  Wont buy this unless 21:9 is re-enabled and this game can be played without connecting to their shitty services. 

It sucks to hear that there's a solid game under their bullshit.  I'd love to grab this but I'll hold off.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Today is the day - Diablo 2 Resurrected finally releases. Funnily enough, this is probably the only game Blizzard have left that isn't heavily tarnished in some way but it's not even a day old yet. From what I've seen (and played in the beta), the game is solid and the developers have done a fine job. The only thing holding it back is the attached Battlenet and Activision bullshit but on the whole, this is about as good as it gets for a remastered game and it'll be interesting to see the overall reception.  

If the publishers keep their filthy noses out and just let players enjoy themselves then this could be welcome game in what is a tiresome range of Blizzard products these days. It's also on consoles too right off the bat and it seems they've done a good job with controller support too.  

Catastrophic server issues just hours after launch. Nobody can connect, characters wiping and now maintenance is happening so online play is not possible until it’s resolved. Funny how the beta was perfect - we wouldn’t dream of accusing Activision of using cheap shite servers for the finished game after everyone has paid...

I Bought Diablo II resurrected at full price, worth it.
I didn't care they had issues at beta, it's a beta for crying out loud. Of course, betas have problems, that's why we played it to find issues so they can fix them.
If they have some problems at release, even then I won't care, will play it lots and lots.

I just picked this up on PS5 thanks to the spring sale and I kind of wish they did a lot more with this "resurrected" edition.  By that, I mean completely rebuild the game and give it that modern, Diablo 3 feel in so far as gameplay and quality of life upgrades that 3 has.  The fact it's a prettier version of diablo 2 is rather disappointing.  It's enjoyable by far, I just wish when a game developer says remake they actually remake said game instead of updating the decor.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*