Valheim - Game News

RenFengge

Next major update looks pretty awesome!

valheim-getting-bosses-ship-customisatio
WWW.IGN.COM

Valheim is getting new boss battles, ship customisation, biomes, and more in various updates throughout 2021, Iron Gate Studios has confirmed.

Love they've already got a road map for this game. Here's the roadmap at a high level if anyone is interested:

valheim roadmap.jpg

Be real interesting to see some further crafting elements to see what they can create. I haven't really even touched the surface with the seas so i don't the extent of what you can do now so its great to see even more coming in update 3. Not sure what they can do with Combat Improvements. I mean the game is pretty basic on that level and based on how it looks and how chill the game is, i'm not even sure it needs too much work. Its not like its going to be Ghosts of Tsushima anytime soon 😄

Definitely would welcome more enemy variants at some stage though but most exciting of all is that they will be doing even more bosses. Considering we're enjoying taking our time through them, its great to hear they're going to extend the RPG element of the game even further.

A £15 game and without all of this it was already worth it.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Logged in for a quick peek at the island and got an update.....

Hello Valheimers!
Todays patch has some major changes, the biggest change is the updated socket backend which should improve connection issues for a lot of players. Vulkan support as been enabled in Windows builds and can be enabled for now by adding "-force-vulkan" as a launch option in Steam properties for Valheim. This might fix some random crashes related to GPU drivers. World corruption caused by loging out and and the same time pressing ALT+F4 has been fixed. Some balancing fixes was made on bosses to make them more challenging ( u guys are killing them too fast ).

NOTE: Due to changes in character save data, once a character has been loaded & saved in this new version, they can no longer be loaded in an older version of valheim.

* Crafting item-dupe bug fix
* Harpooned player & ship bug fix
* Fixed player ragdoll
* Bonemass,Moder,Yagluth difficulty tweaks
* Moder music updated
* Tombstone bugfix (probably wont fix disappearing tombstones though)
* Fixed world corruption caused by pressing ALT+F4 while logging out.
* Deathsquitos have slightly longer audio range
* Tweaked audio on blast-furnace & spinning wheel
* Shared map position setting is saved per world
* Updated network stats (F2)
* Building destruction drop-fix
* Vulkan support in windows builds
* Network disconnection bugfix
* Updated socket-backend

and also.......

Vikings!

When Valheim first hit Steam Early Access just three weeks ago, we hoped that all the hard work our small team put into the game these past three years would get the attention it deserved.

Little did we know just how much Valheim would resonate with all four million of you.

That’s right! Three weeks into Early Access, and we’ve hit another milestone, four million brave souls embarking on the most dangerous feat in over a thousand years of Viking history - trying to make Odin proud.

Some of the latest:
This past weekend, we hit 500,000 concurrent players - this puts Valheim in the top 5 most played games in the history of Steam.
Valheim has already been played for a combined total of 10,000 years! That’s 3,649,980 more days than the 20 days it has been on Steam Early Access.
Still climbing the Steam’s Top 250 best reviewed games of all time, now sitting in 57th place!
81,000+ Overwhelmingly Positive reviews

For the fourth (and surely not final) time - thank you!!! We couldn’t have wished for a more engaged, passionate and supportive community, and all of your amazing creations and ideas are keeping us motivated to deliver the Valheim you all deserve.

Praise Odin!

The Iron Gate Team

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

7406aaa9b4838fc963b16f84045769dc48bd16c3
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Time flies and summer is just around the corner. Here at Iron Gate, we’re still working from home, and we’re still looking for the perfect office. While those two things remain unchanged, exciting things are still...

Development news 28/05/21
Time flies and summer is just around the corner. Here at Iron Gate, we’re still working from home, and we’re still looking for the perfect office. While those two things remain unchanged, exciting things are still happening within the company. The last couple of weeks we’ve been having interviews with several potential future coworkers, and we’re really excited to grow with more talent! While it may take a couple of weeks before the time comes, we’re really looking forward to introducing our new colleagues to you!

We have in a way already received a new team member, say hello to Valheim the horse! We collaborated with our friends at Skövde ryttarförening (Sköve riding club) to get them a new horse (technically pony) for their riding school. Isn’t she a beauty? You will definitely see more of her in the future. (This does not mean that we’ll introduce horses to the game, but it does mean that Iron Gate will take field trips to the stables to meet our four legged colleague)
f22d552b3d0c40cf1d8059b88562972ddbf71588

Since last time we have as usual made some updates and fixes for the game. We, for example, overhauled the harpoon mechanics, added a pre saving message and updated the looks of the troll and two bosses!

Our work on Hearth and Home is still going well. The update is starting to take shape and the past month has been very productive, with many new items and mechanics being finalized. There are of course many more things we want to make before the update is released, as we don’t want to rush it. In our last devblog we explained how we work, wanting to let things take the time they need, and not setting a release date before we know for certain that the game is in a state that we can proudly present, and the response we got was fantastic! We are eternally grateful for having such a kind and understanding community! We are very proud to get to be on this journey with all of you.

In our last two updates we gave you some sneak peeks, and this time is no different! We all have a great time reading your theories on what the items could be, some are more correct than others, but they are all equally creative. This month we present to you these pictures, what do you think they could be?
6d8c4e1b34a6ae67197107f176b32afc1eb22dad
05fe08547776f4edf0438c78abe194101c79dff6

We are looking into hosting some sort of Q&A, hopefully in June, where we can answer your questions about the game, development and the team! 

Nice to hear an update is out. Ngl, it doesn't really say much. I was expecting 4 big releases this year - is that still the case? As all they talk about is the first one and its June next week.

i don't think there's any way they will deliver on what they promised with the 4 big content updates, they got overly confident with the millions of people who bought the game and promised more than they could deliver, i expect 2 updates at most for this year, the game will take years to finish i just hope it's not too many and they use some of these millions to build a big team

On 5/30/2021 at 10:26 AM, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i don't think there's any way they will deliver on what they promised with the 4 big content updates, they got overly confident with the millions of people who bought the game and promised more than they could deliver, i expect 2 updates at most for this year, the game will take years to finish i just hope it's not too many and they use some of these millions to build a big team

Thing is, I absolutely agree with you on this John, so what would stand them in good stead for the rest of the year is straightforward early communications about what is to be expected. Comms that doesn't say much isn't hugely helpful, so whilst I think its good they don't get pinned down on a date for this first big update, they equally have to be transparent with what to expect over the next 6 months at least - just confirming how many updates they expect to get out before the end of the year helps us understand when and how much time to dedicate to the game.

Things that we'd also need to know and be open about is what impact it has to the existing worlds. You never know, we might have to start again (something that feels painful, but also a regular occurrence in survival games).

16 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Things that we'd also need to know and be open about is what impact it has to the existing worlds. You never know, we might have to start again (something that feels painful, but also a regular occurrence in survival games).

To be honest, while I will be sad to see my wolf sanctuary go if we have to start over, I sort of expect it in anything that is a "pre-release".

Like, you can't honestly release updates to a game that will eventually change game mechanics and not reset the worlds. It will cause too many problems for those on "old worlds".

But, I think a "reset" after major game-changing updates will bring back players that might have burned out on it already.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thing is, I absolutely agree with you on this John, so what would stand them in good stead for the rest of the year is straightforward early communications about what is to be expected. Comms that doesn't say much isn't hugely helpful, so whilst I think its good they don't get pinned down on a date for this first big update, they equally have to be transparent with what to expect over the next 6 months at least - just confirming how many updates they expect to get out before the end of the year helps us understand when and how much time to dedicate to the game.

yeah they should come out and say that while development is continuing they got over-enthusiastic with the goals they set and considering the pandemic and that they haven't expanded their team yet stuff will get delayed, better to be open like this so everyone can be mentally prepared that it will take time and maybe take their time on playing the game or maybe play something else until they release new stuff

on one hand i dread the day the worlds get reset but on the other hand i have become a better builder i think and together with @TurboR56Mini we could rebuild everything and make it even greater with the experience we have and the new building stuff that will come out

Thanks @Tar-Eruntalion  on pinging about this!

Hi Everyone,

We want to start by thanking you all for the patience and kindness you’ve shown us since we launched in February. We launched into Early Access because we want to build the game with you, but never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined how many of you want to join us on this journey!

As we’re sure lots of you suspected, we won’t be able to deliver four updates this year. Instead, we’re now planning to launch Hearth & Home in Q3 2021, and we’re temporarily taking down the roadmap whilst we make some changes. We are sorry it’s taken us so long to update you.

We weren’t prepared for such a large influx of players, and this highlighted a thousand new problems and bugs that needed to be fixed urgently. Our priority has been to make the current experience as stable as possible and this has meant new content has taken a backseat. To put it clearly; we haven’t been able to focus all of our resources on Hearth & Home until May.

We hope that one of the reasons Valheim has resonated with so many of you is down to attention to detail. We don’t want to launch an update that we’re not confident in, and that isn’t deserving of your time. With that in mind, the new roadmap will be much smaller, but we’ve made the decision to focus on the big Mistlands update directly after we’re done with Hearth & Home, putting aside the smaller updates for now...

That being said, we would like to share some of the upcoming Hearth & Home content here. This is 

by no means a complete list

but a taste of what’s cooking.

d8694363a4971d739f15b15c242c399b02b14fbe

New build pieces

– Darkwood roofs and window hatches.

3ad06e9d69b9aec36edc98917f4c9dd154104824

New cooking station extensions

– spice rack, butcher table, pots & pans... In addition to this we've also implemented a new food system that places more importance between boosting health and stamina, making food choices more interesting based on your playstyle. To this end, we've also made some changes to how stamina/health affects your poise in combat. If you want to play a tanky, defensive viking you should now stock up on health, since this will boost your ability to deflect incoming hits and mitigate damage.

eb08f7c1d334ed63b4681573f94dbfa2bb6f29a2

New foods

to take advantage of the new system and cooking station extensions– more than 10 new recipes including Eyescream, Shocklate smoothie, various wolf meats, and more.

b14a1b879e7b63f8d38de3d8eaf4658616c55b62

Plantable onions

with pretty onion flowers.

We’re pretty flexible when it comes to what we want to add to the game, and we’re often inspired by a meeting or an awesome comment from the community, which means our roadmap is always going to be fluid. Valheim is also a game about exploration, and we don't want to spoil that feeling of discovery for our players. That said, we do want to be more open with what we’re currently working on, even if it is just our artist Robin working on a piece of content that he's enjoying, but that might never make it into the game. Striking a balance between being transparent about what we are working on, while at the same time not spoiling it for those of you who want to discover it yourselves is tough, but we think it's important to be more informal and open as an Early Access game.

Tomorrow June 11th, at 2PM CEST, we will also be heading to the r/valheim subreddit for an AMA. We’d love for you all to join so we have an opportunity to try and answer as many questions as we can on Hearth & Home and the new roadmap.

We’ll also of course keep posting our monthly development updates and hotfixes as always. Thank you again for continuing to support us, and for your feedback and creativity.

The Iron Gate team

I guess we should consider ourselves super lucky to have a server!

_7DB3271E_B082_4DC7_AB43_253774458A4D_.p
WWW.GAMESINDUSTRY.BIZ

The server provider on how it overcame overwhelming demand for Iron Gate Studios' hit game

I thought I responded to this but clearly I hadn't!

Its great news we now have some transparency - I always feel thats the best way forward. Yep, its disappointing to not get all 4 but hardly surprising to hear that.

All I hope is that we will get a significant bunch of new stuff to see in the Hearth & Home update because I wanted to fiddle and tinker with stuff but also hope Mistlands can be updated before the end of the year with new items to find and new areas to explore.

I need to get back on our server, as I've got out of sync with my PC gaming of late. I think we should think of some ideas to have group gatherings on the game and help some of the newer players that haven't experienced this game as much to see what we can do. It would be ace if we can get the update in a month's time as thats in Q3!!! WIshful thinking, I know 😄

Lol.. "taught Greydwarfs to throw better"

Patch 0.155.7
Fun with AI patch.
Gameplay wise this patch mostly fixes AI issues, as we tried to make monsters slightly more aggressive and attack your buildings etc. When they are not able to attack you. It’s fun for the whole family! Also it's midsummer here in Sweden, so we celebrate by temporarily making the Maypole buildable.

* Random save bug-fix (Solves a very unusual case of world corruption caused when shutting down)
* Monster AI tweaks (More aggressively attacking structures when unable to attack the player among other things)
* Open container fix (Fixes issue where you had to click a container multiple times to open it in multiplayer)
* Taught Greydwarfs to throw better
* Event trigger tweaks (Wolf event only triggers after Bonemass has been killed, Moder army can trigger in mountains etc.)
* Long forgotten Blob event enabled
* SFX volume setting fix (Used wrong DB conversion)
* Maypole enabled (Happy midsummer!)
* AI flee behaviour tweaks (Bosses don’t run from you anymore)

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1617258628
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

Updates, events, and news from the developers of Valheim.

Vikings!

We can’t believe it’s been over a month since we shared more details on Hearth & Home, and it’s time to share more! We have begun wrapping up our summer break, and wanted to share some new content we’ve been working on.

We’re still on track to deliver the update this very quarter, and as always, thank you for your kindness and patience. Your response to our roadmap post in June was super supportive, and the questions that came through in the reddit AMA gave us lots of inspiration for future updates.

Here’s a small haul of loot related Hearth & Home content:
864c93067050d4a6df38585765508fcaf890ff47
Coin stack and Coin pile - so you can build a dragon worthy hoard with all your excess wealth (sorry trolls)

Treasure chest - to keep your additional excess wealth and supplies safe

9fe56f0a21066b7ca5c8a0017c170d304ab69ddb
Iron grate - to lock up your treasures, or maybe a captured greydwarf or two

We’re also happy to share that we have three new vikings joining the Iron Gate team next month, a programmer, an animator, and a QA Manager, who we’ll introduce you to soon.

May Frey bless you with a bountiful summer harvest!

The Iron Gate Team

On 6/21/2021 at 11:26 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I thought I responded to this but clearly I hadn't!

Its great news we now have some transparency - I always feel thats the best way forward. Yep, its disappointing to not get all 4 but hardly surprising to hear that.

All I hope is that we will get a significant bunch of new stuff to see in the Hearth & Home update because I wanted to fiddle and tinker with stuff but also hope Mistlands can be updated before the end of the year with new items to find and new areas to explore.

I need to get back on our server, as I've got out of sync with my PC gaming of late. I think we should think of some ideas to have group gatherings on the game and help some of the newer players that haven't experienced this game as much to see what we can do. It would be ace if we can get the update in a month's time as thats in Q3!!! WIshful thinking, I know 😄

Maybe this weekend; been a while and I fancy a look see how it's going

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Ooooooo it's happening! This looks spectacular and will be a brilliant time for new folks to jump in and experience the world we built and make your own contributions!!!! Really excited for what they've added here.

https://www.pcgamer.com/valheim-mistlands-update-new-biome/

here are the full patch notes about the new stuff, they added a ton of things, really excited to play it!!!

poYNaZD1_b0Lkc14oTEYKofzCLLAdUzeVdJfUK4I
OLD.REDDIT.COM

Here is the FULL PATCH notes: Im assuming subject to change/tweaks ~~Edit: Marked sections as spoilers~~ Removed spoiler tags because...

Oh man, it's like a new game, the gift that keeps on giving. New doors, black marble, a feather cape that means I can yeet off the highest points and not die... It's feel like another 500 hours are coming...

@Tar-Eruntalion  @RenFengge @GazzaGarratt

Oooo i've tried not to watch too much of that because all the new things excite me muchly!! This is such a fantastic game and I only stopped for a break whilst we tried to get people involved. It is probably the one server game I can play all year round knowing I'll have something to do in it.

One extra boss I assume? I'm hoping we can get more on this as I just love our chilled sessions where we can build loads of fantastic buildings. I wanna see a whole FG City now!!

Is it good news that we can use our existing server or is this enough to start completely fresh? I know this isn't like 7 Days where you don't get too ahead but at the same point many new/returning players might want a new world. I'm open to either right now.

@GazzaGarratt not sure we need to nuke the server as there is a great deal of history and fun things for new folks to explore. We did not do that much exploring in the mistlands prior to this apart from a few outposts so I think it's ok to keep it. Nothing is broken. I'm open to hear what other think too obviously.

Agreed @TurboR56Mini . I think you can still do so much on an existing server. I suppose its making sure people know they don't have to grab anything out of chests, etc if they want to explore and get stuff from scratch. I'll take a look at my availability around Christmas and New Year for this.

i have seen almost nothing on purpose cause i want to go blind in but it seems they added a ton of stuff for us to see and do and revamp our bases yet again😁 but i don't think we need to restart, we barely touched one or two mistlands islands before this update so we should be fine

unless many people want us to restart then i am fine with it if we can have 10 people for example playing it