COD WW2 2?

J4MES OX4D

If this is true then COD is done for. This would have to be one of the most uninspiring and lazy moves imaginable, even worse than Battlefield 5. Sledgehammer are on thin ice enough as it is

cod-2021-leak-world-war-2-again.jpg
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Call of Duty 2021 will apparently be set in World War 2 once more, with...

16 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd heard it was more 1950s than WW2, cannot imagine why they'd go WW2 again

Yeah I read this too. Not sure why they wouldn't just make a full on Vietnam game like BF did back in the day. I know the Black Ops series had elements of it, but a full game based in that time would be cool.

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd heard it was more 1950s than WW2, cannot imagine why they'd go WW2 again

Reusing as many assets as possible I imagine. It's the only reason I can think of as to why they wouldn't do something totally original from scratch. The studio has been in complete disarray for the last few years and was close to being disbanded so I think we'll get another Cold War situation where the game is rushed and things are recycled.  They were working on a Vietnam game many years ago that never came to fruition so maybe they'll lean on that as their reasoning but I think it's a really lackluster move if the leaks are true. 

CallofDuty_WWII_Screen5.0.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

A leak claims to reveal the name of the 2021 Call of Duty game.

😴😴😴 Thank fuck BF6 is out this year. I have literally 0% interest in another COD, let alone one set in WW2.

fart.gif

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:
CallofDuty_WWII_Screen5.0.jpg
CHARLIEINTEL.COM

A leak claims to reveal the name of the 2021 Call of Duty game.

😴😴😴 Thank fuck BF6 is out this year. I have literally 0% in another COD, let alone one set in WW2.

I'm done. Fuck that. 

After the last 2 years I've virtually no interest in this year's cod. I'm not one for giving a crap about the setting but the whole community is ass and it will be infested with the same bullshit. 

Really hope bf6 or what it will be called hits it out of the park.

19 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

Looks like this years COD is going to be an absolute shit show. Again.

There will probably be 5 playable maps at launch😅

Last we heard, Sledgehammer were virtually disbanded and now they are making a full game from scratch on an 18 month cycle during a pandemic? It's got bad news written all over it. The amount of money Activision makes, they don't even need an annual release these days. As soon as it was announced as a WW2 game, I knew it was gonna struggle. 

Battlefield get an extra life it seems. If they don't fuck up BF6 it's bye bye COD next year.

To think, when they did the new Modern Warfare I actually thought they knew what they were doing. Like Max Romeo says, "one step forward, two steps back"

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

45 minutes ago, cyberninja2601 said:

Dice not fucking up.

You seem to under estimate DICE's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of Victory. People were saying the same thing for BF4. How long did it take them to fix that shit show?

18 months! Every time Call of Duty has left Battlefield an open goal, DICE have missed. Had BF4 been as good as it was down the line from day one, Ghosts would've been obliterated in the first week. Had they not told people not to buy BF5 because they didn't like fighting as cockney one armed ginger lesbians with cricket bats from the 18 centrury, that would have comfortably destroyed Black Ops 4 also. 

If it's in a bad state then they really shouldn't release it. But Activision really don't care and will happily release a broken pile of shit as they know people will lap it up regardless! They should just release MW2 Remastered MP. That may tempt me to buy COD this year.

fart.gif

4 hours ago, MrBiron said:

If it's in a bad state then they really shouldn't release it. But Activision really don't care and will happily release a broken pile of shit as they know people will lap it up regardless! 

I reckon they'll hold back until they see how Battlefield 6 is shaping up. If COD 2021 is absolute crap then they may throw it under the bus and hope for the best regardless. If it has some potential then they may delay and focus on Cold War Warzone in the meantime and let BF6 have its time. MW2 MP Remastered is probably good to go and has been for a long time so they may open the doors to that in a couple of months once Warzone gets stale again and for before Battlefield hits. 

Had Battlefield 6 not existed, they probably would've bundled WW2 Vanguard and MW2 Remastered like how MWR bailed out Infinite Warfare. Activision have certainly got some tactical decisions to make these next few months.. 

1 hour ago, MrBiron said:

Although this is apparently not true. So who knows? 🤔

I remember all the leaks back in 2018 that said Modern Warfare 2 was being remastered and the campaign was completed. The rumours dried up for a couple of years and then the game came out of nowhere. The big thing was that the leaked pre-release trailer stated it was produced in 2018 which proved that the rumours a couple of years previous were 100% correct and didn't stem out of nowhere with people just looking for clicks. 

I firmly believe the game is 100% finished and Activision are merely looking for an appropriate window to slot it in where it doesn't detract from CW or Warzone

23 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

I firmly believe the game is 100% finished and Activision are merely looking for an appropriate window to slot it in where it doesn't detract from CW or Warzone

I read that MW2R MP has been finished since 2018. If COD 2021 is in such a bad state then releasing MW2 would make the most sense.

fart.gif