ForerverGaming - Valheim (dedicated server)

phil bottle

Yeah, @phil bottle, Gary @techno  and myself dipped on to it yesterday for a few hours and it was a nice surprise to see the hub there (loved the semi-open bar space on a slant!). We didn't do much so apologies if we tripped up on anything we shouldn't have. We went exploring North to the sea where we started to put a makeshift basecamp there. came across many fires and shacks near the coast so guessed it was you La! 🤣 Really helps if you want to get some quick safety.

If there is something we can do in the config file to make the days last longer that would be great. Before we knew it, the day would just slip by and it feels like night forever! Just also helps when building with the light, etc but no worries if not.

I caught glimpse of a Cartographer table so thats very cool. Hopeing to come across more different building materials although I have no idea if i've unlocked them or not right now 😅 Did see a Crystal Wall though too which was strange!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

11 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

If there is something we can do in the config file to make the days last longer that would be great. Before we knew it, the day would just slip by and it feels like night forever! Just also helps when building with the light, etc but no worries if not.

So, daytime runs approximately 20 minutes, with night time running around 9 minutes, I think.

There are mods to extend the time. However, I think I have a general fear of breaking shit and unable to unbreak shit. But, I will look into it. If it is an easy mod to install and remove if necessary, then most likely I'll add it. I would love the days in general to not go by so quickly!

While for some games, DayZ for example, the server hosting allows you to alter day and night cycle in the configuration, I think it isn't possible in Valheim due to the sleep mechanic. Hopefully the game itself will in future allow that, but not possible right now.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg