Season 13 review/thoughts

techno

Decent round up by datto, agree with what he said. I never did a single hunt in season 12 yet I've run 7 battlegrounds including 1 by myself which was great fun, died alot but with a screen full of enemies still doable (thanks witherhoard). Sepiks prime again totally agree, will run nightfalls just because it's a nice challenge and fun as hell strike, I love mad hoard type stuff, crazy manic play.

Not too sure about being forced to do stuff I'm not too bothered about, don't like the idea of trying to get bow kills in the crucible but chances are I won't bother. Crucible still full of stasis which I refuse to use anywhere tbh, odd that all I see is people moaning about how it ruins the crucible, wish bungie would leave it in pve only. Anyway destiny is way more fun this season to last, i can leave all the grind in the background just load it up and shoot shit for giggles and then get off, a nice casual experience.

Additional sky burners oath for battlegrounds as it specific for cabal and shoots through shields. Catalyst also drops.

Skyburners Oath , totally forgotten about that but good call .

Yeah the amount of enemies on makes it pretty fun doing battlegrounds and that Sepiks strike is awesome . 
Also like the fact crucible has its own rank up, suddenly gives me a reason to do it more than for the weekly powerful drops 

After finally getting on over the course of the last few days, I have to say overall that first impressions are pretty good this time round. I always get a little sketchy when we do get a Season alongside a full DLC package because as Datto says, if you spend too long looking at what is offer it always feel quite light because they don't want to pull you away from the main show.

This time round, there are many things that have progressed and are already showing we are getting well worth our money's worth already on this season of content.

Battlegrounds - New activity, very solid. Love how it gives a subtle upgrade to the 'Vanguard' section in the game. Not too difficult but challenging as you go up the levels.

H.E.L.M. - New social-type space. I love how it looks. Yep, would be good if it was not a separate loading section to the Tower but it makes total sense why you'd keep it separate from standard stuff in the game. The War Table looks great and they could go further with that if they made the table intractable to show where the next fights you could nullify across the universe. Love how the story gets put across in simplistic ways through holograms of the characters, aswell as little dialogue conversations whilstyou are in the H.E.L.M. Would love to see this develop more into it and the table become more like the Fortnite updates we've seen (yep, they're are pretty amazing for UI updates of late imo)

Umbral Engrams and Recaster - Great addition. It should come with an easy explanation for new players though. Like the fact I don't get too many aswell. I hated that the game showered me with them - good stuff shouldn't always be gifted to you in bucket loads. Now this type of thing is here to stay in the game (if you read the TWAB updates thats what they've said), I think if they can make it more inviting and helpful to understand you need to complete the objectives on each focused engram that you can read in the recaster menu, that would be perfect - maybe make it accessible via the Quest menu like Season Challenges are.

Sandbox Updates - Like the fact they've tweaked Swords and buffed Rocket Launchers. Everyone uses swords and in a predominant gun game, it was getting to me a bit. Love now Rocket launchers have a chance in the game as they've never been great in D2. Time to hopefully see them be more clutch because seeing a rocket save the day as it explodes is far more entertaining.

PvP - Not had enough time in there but I need to find new weapons thats for sure. Also, Stasis, even for patient people like me, is starting to make it suck hard. Concept was great but they forgot to realise that in PvP one of the worst ways to die is a slow and painful death. Wtahcing yourself slowed or frozen whilst you wait for the inevitable final blow is soul destroying. Thats why Stasis is likely to be annoying forever and a day.

Gambit - Not tried yet. But its sad to see it neglected. I loved it when it came out. They may need to evolve it with something slightly longer like the Reckoning stages we had as people just rinse through it, not making it a competition anymore.

Seal Upgrades, Challenges and Triumphs - These are getting some love and attention which is a great idea. It helps drive people's behaviour on stuff to do. Let's face it, we all love ticking a box and completing something so these updates are doing a lot more to the game than people realise. Seal levels are the way to go. Might try the Gambit one as its not too difficult once you have Dredgen already.

Guns? - Good so far. Season of the Chosen kinetic SMG feels great, the new Exotic Bow is cool to use (explosions for Dayzzz) and Rockets are now viable like i said above.

Best bit? - The UI updates to the Quest pages. There is now extra detail on each quest which you can drill down into. Shows the rewards, shows the step you're on out of the total steps too. This is what D1 got right very well and there are taking it down a better journey that keeps you engaged in the game.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb