FGFC Pro Club Positions

GazzaGarratt

Just thinking we need to capture what things we should do to help the following:

1. Extra places we need covering and work at
  2. Balancing out the places so we can swap through the night

For instance, I know I regularly hold the LB position which isn't a problem for me as I don't mind people taking the more favoured spots attacking, however I also should put more time in with my LW and maybe even my CF when possible because others might want to try out LB and on nights where we may need a LW/CF I could then play that role for a number of games.

So, my 5 builds currently are:

1. LWB
  2. LW
  3. CF
  4. CDM
  5. GK

I actually think we need a few more right sided players, like a RWB and RW builds. I also think if a few people can have some builds as CB then we have a number of positions we can cover. We should all at least aim to have 1 attacking and defending position covered if possible. I don't have a CAM build because I also know so many people love that role, so i'm really not that bothered in it - i'd rather compliment others around it.

(and, yes, eventually i'll give it a go in goal. It would be cool to have a full 11 for a few games!)

So thoughts please. We're lovely each session of late so lets talk what you think we should do - especially for people that may be new to Pro Clubs that are thinking of joining in the fun!

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I think my builds are:

RB

CAM
CDM

ST

haven't created a 5th one yet. I'm happy to play anywhere, favoured position would be CAM or CDM however really liking RB few times I've managed to get on as the CAM slots are usually full.

Not sure I trust myself to go CB yet 😄 

Happy to contribute in any position. 

I have the following

CF

CDM

CAM

RW

CB which I will change to a RWB

I think if you use all of these they cover a range of positions, I've used my CAM playing in cdm, LW, and up top sometimes, so might change my cdm to a Lwb to cover all angles. 

Plus if you use a wing back at CB he's rapid and the game seems to be all about pace atm. 

Same as everyone else really, happy to move around the pitch but I play better on the left. Can always just make a right footed version no issues.

Positions I have are:-

LM

CAM

CDM

LWB

ST

I use my LM and LWB in most roles so will do a dedicated CB build tonight to join the back line.

Twitch :  gdub_5252 follow to help me on my road to 50 followers 🙂

With the new formation we've played over the past week, having 3 at the back means any more CBs would be a great shout.

I'm also gonna try GK at some point and we shouldn't be frightened to have a few. We have great chances to get 11 on most weeks now so I don't think its a bad shout considering how much action we see in our half!!

Does anyone think we need more just typical CMs or is there no value in having these types of builds?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Does anyone think we need more just typical CMs or is there no value in having these types of builds?

Wondered this too, I only have a CAM or CDM set up atm as that's all we usually play formation wise

I think what Macca touched on is the important thing to remember, with a few builds you can essentially cover the entire pitch. You can have a CF at ST, LW at RW etc with no negative effects. If you look at the difference in attributes, it's more often than not better to play out of position!

Personally I'm now using:

CF (ST/CF/CAM)

RW (LW/RW/LAM/RAM)

RB(CDM/RWB/LWB/RB/LB/CB)

CM

GK

I think it's really worth taking the time to look at the changes in stats between positions/height/weight, and what you are trying to achieve with your builds. Some hot takes:

• I don't see the point of a ST unless you're a target man, CF can do most things better!
  • I also don't see the point in LM/RM. LW/RW have better pace and dribbling, which are far more important than defensive stats increase.
  • I've changed my mind since earlier in clubs, and now run a RB over a RWB. I'm trying to be more disciplined when in defensive positions, and therefore don't really need the better crossing/dribbling. 1 less pace is unfortunate, but the physical and defensive increases are worth it IMO.
  • The majority of attackers are 5'4/99lbs, and therefore low strength. I dont feel the extra strength in a CDM is necessary, and would rather have the massive pace, agility and balance increases that a RB provides.
  • I personally don't invest in stamina in anything other than my CM/RB. If you are smart with your runs going forward, you should last the full 90 no problem. Those skill points can be really handy elsewhere.

I'm interested in knowing what height/weight you guys are running with across your builds?

These are my current builds, all right foot.

1. RB (rarely used)
  2. CB
  3. CDM
  4. CAM
  5. CF (rarely used)

Pretty much repeating what others have said, I am happy to play anywhere and really enjoying playing with you guys on this.

I enjoy CB as I am a defender in real life, but it can get bit boring there if we're winning and also CB is a very frustrating position if you have a bad game or 2, so it's good to mix it up and I've also enjoyed playing further forward.

My CB I think is about 6"1 and 190lbs. I have maxed out the defending and pace stats, with the remainder of points going on short passing and agility. I think stamina at CB is not as important, I always seem to have plenty left. And shooting of course is pretty pointless, if/when I build up some more skill points I will probably whack them on the heading power/accuracy which may help when going up for corners (I know I know we always aim for Rodman but one day I might get one fall to me 😄

Interested in hearing other peoples attacking builds/stats as yous all seem small/quick/agile whereas my guy is a bit slow and Thomas Muller like!

Also maybe we could try looking at different kind of partnerships, eg building a lighter smaller CB to go alongside a taller heavier one, or a big target man up top with a smaller quick guy a la Crouch and Defoe (for you guys old enough to remember them at Spurs and Portsmouth lol!)

My builds include;

- ST, RM, CDM, RWB, CB

I primarily play CDM/CM or CB however I do enjoy playing up top, especially when we've got a shorter CAM or CF to assist in the running part (Kanye and Rodders).

My builds are slightly different from the other more meta players because I only use a tall build for all of my players, this is because my gameplay is heavily based on positioning (which is why even when I'm playing ST you'll see me coming back deep to cut passing lanes to the middle CM to stop 1-2 plays). Something else my game is based around is heading and aerial duels.

I love the attention to the meta builds however I think a good variety of different style players is more beneficial to our team and how we play. For example @Findmartin  pointed out that we should be thinking how we link up in positions and how partnerships should be something we think about more. Having a tall, strong CB and a ballplaying, quick CB partnership would be better in my opinion than two generic meta builds. And the same goes to the ST setup and even the CM position, I think if we had a speedy CAM which can overlap the ST as well as a more controlling strong, and passing based CDM/CM which can help recover the ball from outside the box, we would be able to make up a more interesting looking team which can work with a range of plays, essentially making our play not only more fun but also more dynamic.

Unfortunately I think my opinions are quite opposite to @jordie1892  and @Macca89  and I think a range of different positions can make for different style of play. LM and RM positions would be great for people that like crossing in the ball, I personally think after Tony's recent performances moving him up into a RM position and having him put in some of his beautiful crosses to a tall ST would be a fantastic idea. I also think this would make room for someone more defensive to cover the CB position often left open when we play with two wingers. Similar to the other side of the pitch I think having a LW that works more like a 3rd striking option can cut in and leave room behind for  @GazzaGarratt who can overlap and also produce some amazing crosses or passes inside to a CM like Macca who has a great shot from outside the box.

Height for me is a big issue and I think be addressed.

Being tall (6ft+) isn't a disadvantage in this game if you know how to play with it. I personally don't enjoy being the only tall player on the pitch, it makes me the prime target in the box and if the opposition have even one giant on their team they'll make me instantly their bitch. I think we should have one tall player in every section of the pitch. One tall attacking option (for aerial threat in slower build up play through the wings), one tall midfielder (for strength and intercepting goal kicks) and one tall defender. Therefore all of these players can also get into the box for corners and make it more difficult to mark all of us. If anyone is willing to try a taller build I can also produce a video on how to head the ball from a corner and how to make runs into intercepting positions without having the added pace.

#TallGang4Life

18 hours ago, Lurch said:

My builds include;

- ST, RM, CDM, RWB, CB

I primarily play CDM/CM or CB however I do enjoy playing up top, especially when we've got a shorter CAM or CF to assist in the running part (Kanye and Rodders).

My builds are slightly different from the other more meta players because I only use a tall build for all of my players, this is because my gameplay is heavily based on positioning (which is why even when I'm playing ST you'll see me coming back deep to cut passing lanes to the middle CM to stop 1-2 plays). Something else my game is based around is heading and aerial duels.

I love the attention to the meta builds however I think a good variety of different style players is more beneficial to our team and how we play. For example @Findmartin  pointed out that we should be thinking how we link up in positions and how partnerships should be something we think about more. Having a tall, strong CB and a ballplaying, quick CB partnership would be better in my opinion than two generic meta builds. And the same goes to the ST setup and even the CM position, I think if we had a speedy CAM which can overlap the ST as well as a more controlling strong, and passing based CDM/CM which can help recover the ball from outside the box, we would be able to make up a more interesting looking team which can work with a range of plays, essentially making our play not only more fun but also more dynamic.

Unfortunately I think my opinions are quite opposite to @jordie1892  and @Macca89  and I think a range of different positions can make for different style of play. LM and RM positions would be great for people that like crossing in the ball, I personally think after Tony's recent performances moving him up into a RM position and having him put in some of his beautiful crosses to a tall ST would be a fantastic idea. I also think this would make room for someone more defensive to cover the CB position often left open when we play with two wingers. Similar to the other side of the pitch I think having a LW that works more like a 3rd striking option can cut in and leave room behind for  @GazzaGarratt who can overlap and also produce some amazing crosses or passes inside to a CM like Macca who has a great shot from outside the box.

Height for me is a big issue and I think be addressed.

Being tall (6ft+) isn't a disadvantage in this game if you know how to play with it. I personally don't enjoy being the only tall player on the pitch, it makes me the prime target in the box and if the opposition have even one giant on their team they'll make me instantly their bitch. I think we should have one tall player in every section of the pitch. One tall attacking option (for aerial threat in slower build up play through the wings), one tall midfielder (for strength and intercepting goal kicks) and one tall defender. Therefore all of these players can also get into the box for corners and make it more difficult to mark all of us. If anyone is willing to try a taller build I can also produce a video on how to head the ball from a corner and how to make runs into intercepting positions without having the added pace.

#TallGang4Life

I think the idea of a big and small partnerships is good, as long as everyone is comfortable with their players. Would be sick if you could share some of your builds, and perhaps a bit on how to cover passing lanes, since I always seem to play worse the bigger my player is!

The reason I disagree with LM/RM positions, is because most of the attribute increases come in the form of defensive stats (which are still too low to be an effective defender), with the crossing and long passing being the main advantage. Being a winger gets you +4 acceleration and agility, and +3 balance and sprint speed, plus some minor boosts to dribbling and a few other stats. Just doesn't seem like a worthwhile trade off to me.