Valheim

phil bottle

2 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Oh, we will be on lol. Definitely in the afternoon for me. I'm about to get up to get ready for the gym and other things. @TurboR56Mini  might be on while I'm out doing my healthy stuff this morning. 

I need to get back on that healthy quick just can't seem to do it but I won't be on until mid afternoon definitely want to get some gaming in with you two and maybe others if they decide to jump on. Was also thinking I won't make it to the event at noon tomorrow I might have to kill the stag on my own in my own world 😅 I have a hair cut appointment at eleven and the woman is getting her hair done as well so I won't be home until probably 1 or 2. Hopefully today we can get some exploration and decent loot pulled out.

okay so i beat the first boss in my solo world, not that hard to be honest but then trolls started appearing near my second base and boy are they hard to kill, but still i killed two of them(after a couple of deaths)

now how do i join the server? i tried to click @RenFengge profile to ask for help by dm but it shows error when i try to visit the profile

2 minutes ago, FallenDark200 said:

I need to get back on that healthy quick just can't seem to do it but I won't be on until mid afternoon definitely want to get some gaming in with you two and maybe others if they decide to jump on. Was also thinking I won't make it to the event at noon tomorrow I might have to kill the stag on my own in my own world 😅 I have a hair cut appointment at eleven and the woman is getting her hair done as well so I won't be home until probably 1 or 2. Hopefully today we can get some exploration and decent loot pulled out.

It's been a dark few weeks for me regarding my healthy stuff. But I think I'm almost mentally back with it lol. FG, my coaches, and Carl all have been helping in their own ways. I love strength training as finding proper combat martial arts coaches are difficult to find in our area.

But, anyway, find what you love! Makes it less of a chore haha!

Definitely on by 3 ET for us. Probably earlier. Depends on how our tax appointment goes today haha. Happy to know we will see you on! We've got plans to talk about!

1 minute ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

okay so i beat the first boss in my solo world, not that hard to be honest but then trolls started appearing near my second base and boy are they hard to kill, but still i killed two of them(after a couple of deaths)

now how do i join the server? i tried to click @RenFengge profile to ask for help by dm but it shows error when i try to visit the profile

Where in our IRL world are you located? Also, @TurboR56Mini can help you with that soonish (maybe an hour from now?) I'm supposed to be getting ready for IRL stuff for myself haha. 

28 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

well i am in greece, okay i will wait for him, so no worries go do your stuff

Hey @Tar-Eruntalion , DM sent with the info! See you on!

Sometimes you get funny glitches where only a few people see things like a troll... hilarious this troll was stuck at the entrance of our main base and I'm the only one that could see it! 🤣

unknown.png 

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I wish I'd had more time the past week, the work done by everyone is pretty amazing to see.

I've been sacrificing a little of my sleep lol. We tend to go to bed at 9PM ET... but lately have been going to bed at 11PM or midnight haha.

We hope you and everyone else is happy with all the progress.. we will be slowing down as we mine and whatever. So plenty to do for everyone!

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

I wish I'd had more time the past week, the work done by everyone is pretty amazing to see.

I was hoping to have more time too, although burning the candle after other game nights is basically keeping me going!

1 hour ago, RenFengge said:

I've been sacrificing a little of my sleep lol. We tend to go to bed at 9PM ET... but lately have been going to bed at 11PM or midnight haha.

We hope you and everyone else is happy with all the progress.. we will be slowing down as we mine and whatever. So plenty to do for everyone!

From my POV is been a breath of fresh air having you guys get on with us and be so active and helpful. Its great that we're having more games with people across the pond and also I think you've supported the reason why we thought a private FG server was the way to go. I think over time from now we'll get people on the server that would love to create thier own designs in a community world as well as explore the larger world to help everyone get on together. I don't see anything stopping them do that, even Matty @Misneach_  got on for the first time last night and started work in his own way for the current island East Base.

Super happy to finally get to play with John @Tar-Eruntalion  too! Great having you around to have the most weird and crazy laugh a minute boss fight! 🤣😄

13 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Super happy to finally get to play with John @Tar-Eruntalion  too! Great having you around to have the most weird and crazy laugh a minute boss fight! 🤣😄

yeah the first boss with so many people was a bloody clusterfuck, it was like fighting the gollum with the ring on, but you know with lightning etc

i am very glad i started appearing on events too, get to know you guys although i am a tad shy and english isn't my mother tongue

2 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

yeah the first boss with so many people was a bloody clusterfuck, it was like fighting the gollum with the ring on, but you know with lightning etc

i am very glad i started appearing on events too, get to know you guys although i am a tad shy and english isn't my mother tongue

I thought all of us swinging at the invisible double boss that we did to ourselves was hilarious. Definitely had Gollum with ring on vibes. I like to think it was just adding another layer of difficulty to what would have been an easy fight!

I'm super shy too! But, everyone here makes me feel welcome. No worries on the English thing! We all understand you, and much kudos to you for talking to us in English!! I can barely learn my own mother tongues (Mandarin and Tagalog) as I was born in the US.

It was great having you on!

6 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

This came across my feed @GazzaGarratt, maybe take this on for your next dock!

?imw=512&imh=288&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Steam Community: Valheim.

i tried to make a dock on my own world and it's so painfully hard, i gave up, i couldn't make the wood snap in to make a damn colum to the bottom of the sea

8 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

This came across my feed @GazzaGarratt, maybe take this on for your next dock!

?imw=512&imh=288&ima=fit&impolicy=Letter
STEAMCOMMUNITY.COM

Steam Community: Valheim.

uhh, yeah, mmm, well....that ain't got shit on my dock!! 😳🤣 That is really awesome btw!

1 hour ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

i tried to make a dock on my own world and it's so painfully hard, i gave up, i couldn't make the wood snap in to make a damn colum to the bottom of the sea

It is really hard if you want it true to fashion and far into water. I've managed to do one quite far into the sea imo but you're right, thats the hardest thing to sort.

I think this guy has cheated around it as you can see the ground isn't very deep underneath it. Thats kinda how you'd need to go at the start which i might do for me next one. essentially raise the ground up in terms of where you want it to go. Build it with Core Wood poles easily, then reapply the depth of water after its sturdy.

15 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

Yeah. It's difficult. At least you tried! I just don't bother lol and ask @TurboR56Mini to build stuff haha.

8 hours ago, RenFengge said:

Yeah. It's difficult. At least you tried! I just don't bother lol and ask @TurboR56Mini to build stuff haha.

well i saw some tips on yt so maybe i will try again, the other thing is circular stuff, i hope the devs give us more roof pieces so it's not so weird making them, but yeah the buildings on the server are great, so kudos to @TurboR56Mini

btw i left kinda early last night, dinner was waiting, but i couldn't make the mod work when i try to log in the server it says incompatible version, on my own world it works fine

6 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

well i saw some tips on yt so maybe i will try again, the other thing is circular stuff, i hope the devs give us more roof pieces so it's not so weird making them, but yeah the buildings on the server are great, so kudos to @TurboR56Mini

btw i left kinda early last night, dinner was waiting, but i couldn't make the mod work when i try to log in the server it says incompatible version, on my own world it works fine

Hey @Tar-Eruntalion There is a process to fix that, we had downloaded the wrong files. Also, @RenFengge  is working a more complete guide for server access, but this will get you fixed and back up and running. 

1. Go to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim"
  2. Rename the Valheim folder to "Valheim_old"
  3. Open the Steam desktop app and right click on Valheim on the Library tab 
  4. Click "Properties"
  5. Click "Local Files"
  6. Click "Verify integrity of game files..."This should redownload the files that we mistakenly altered by using the "plus" mod. This will recreate the "Valheim" folder in the first step.
  7. Click this link https://bit.ly/3brRyEj and download the .dll file 
  8. Navigate to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Valheim\valheim_Data\Managed"
  9. Drag and drop this file into that directory
  10. Click the replace file option when prompted, then you're all set. The server will work again.

Let me know if this does not work and we can get on and help get you up an running. 

- Carl 

Well shit, the swamp will wreck you, I would say at least 2 people minimum to explore, 3 is better. I know @GazzaGarrattand @tronic44 (saw a few of Tron's graves kicking around!!) explored at least 2 sunken crypts, @RenFengge and I started a third. I extended the walkway to "land" in the swamp and started a tree house, since ya know, tree house.

I've also upgraded our forge at the Vault to level 7! We now have a stone cutter there too. Feel free to demo it then rebuild it for the crafting items. Since we beat the second boss or triggered it some other way, there are now raids that attack our bases. @RenFengge and I were at the home base and we attacked by swamp things in one encounter and a troll in another. This new mechanic for the server is....fun? There does not seem to be a safe place anymore so time to enhance our defenses and rethink our layouts at major bases like Vault and Home. We can build with stone now so maybe we do some demo on the OG structure at home and start building the FG Castle??? More than happy to start but I know many of you put some time on day 1 into that base. I don't want to start reconstructing it until we agree to make it a stone castle!!! Maybe we do a build event this week instead of a boss. I'm pretty sure there is no way in hell we will defeat the swamp boss this week. I'm not sure I want to, TBH, I'd rather have the group put some thought into building out the FG Home base and establishing a nice compound for new folks that may join. Thoughts? OOO we can have a long boat too as I saw it in my crafting menu 🙂 

yeah i don't know how we will manage to beat the third since it has arrow resistance so we will have to go up close and personal with blunt weapons, we need to grind so everyone can be on a similar equipment with a ton of potions etc cause the elder kicked our asses even us who were kinda maxed out, i will try to solo the second boss on my own world but if i can't i will maybe nuke the whole thing and bring everything to the fg server

9 hours ago, TurboR56Mini said:

Well shit, the swamp will wreck you, I would say at least 2 people minimum to explore, 3 is better. I know @GazzaGarrattand @tronic44 (saw a few of Tron's graves kicking around!!)

Yeah, about that....its incredibly insane!! I was determined on my day off to go and have some exploring time as I wanted to feel like I was able to attempt something that was challenging. This was to go to the swamp and survive enough to bring back some loot to create better things to then go back and get the prestigious Iron we needed for next steps. @tronic44, Pablo (rich's friend) and me went to the swamp after i pushed so far and got loads of items but ran out of luck. We attempted time after time to get our stuff back, and continually died getting caught out by leeches in the water. About 5 boats later, we eventually got our stuff and went in a little deeper.

I must say the jump after the second boss to the third is quite substantial. The subconscious way through someone thought about this change in the game and allows you to subtlety change and adapt to potions whilst using the latest things you could make, like the tankard are very satisying.

After a few runs to a few crypts in between breaks, @tronic44 beat an extended pathway to the swamps whilst Ihad a brief look at the Mountains on our spawn island, as we can now make Frost resistant potions. Be well aware, Wolves HURT ALOT. I died many times killing a few but going back to see what was in there. At night something amazing is in there called a Fenring. Apparently only appears at night and howls to call other wolves to come close when you take it on. Lots of health, i got within 5% of killing it to then die and wasn't able to get back in time before sunrise. Apparently some pretty Wolf leg armour can be made with the stuff he drops, alongside some rare drops Wolves give you (Fangs, Pelts, etc).

Anyway, before I got off for FIFA Monday Night Football, I added a few bits which I believe Carl completed later on to our Forge, thanks buddy.

You'll now find the dining/storage hall at the Vault to be a cool place to hang out with the Comfort level now at 12. Here's a view from either side. Go and sit in the Raven Throne when you get chance 😄

Vault Dining Hall 1.JPG

Vault Dining Hall 2.JPG

We can build with stone now so maybe we do some demo on the OG structure at home and start building the FG Castle??? More than happy to start but I know many of you put some time on day 1 into that base. I don't want to start reconstructing it until we agree to make it a stone castle!!!

Sounds like a great idea and a super idea to ask everyone before we look into what to do next. I think as more and more of us are getting on, I really want to make sure they can feel like they can contribute and create stuff themselves, all for the community cause.

Maybe we do a build event this week instead of a boss.

I think this is a SUPER idea and we should get it up as an event! The game isn't going anywhere so we shouldn't be in any rush to do stuff.

This is why I'm comfortable just creating more places, reinforcing more current builds because it adds to the fun of it all. I'd rather create something near the swamp to smelt the Iron to make stuff than hop via my own personal world to speed stuff up. Sometimes it makes sense but I enjoy the idea of even saying to each other 'how should we do this?'....and now we can build LONGBOATS...I think we should explore the seas over the coming weeks and watch us get obliterated together by some sea serpent. Sounds deligtful and hilarious even when I type it! 😄🤣

Hopped on last night for about an hour with @TurboR56Mini  because I wanted to see what you guys did yesterday!

😐

Thanks for unlocking the game to throw trolls and swamp people at me at home base!

😐

Literally got up and went AFK for like 4 minutes, and @TurboR56Mini  starts yelling at me to come back because I'm being hit by a troll in my vegetable garden!

THEN, I get attacked by swamp people and skeletons.

I thought home was a safe place. 😭

All in all, I love the progress you guys made! So cool!