Valheim

phil bottle

after trying it illegally because this genre is not my cup of tea at all but after playing for a few hours i gave in and bought it too, i must have played 10 hours total, i am hooked, still haven't done the first boss but i am trying to build a decent home

13 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Game has now passed 2m copies sold with 1m being sold in 4 days. 

And over the weekend it had more concurrent players than GTAV on Steam. Amazing start.

3 hours ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

after trying it illegally because this genre is not my cup of tea at all but after playing for a few hours i gave in and bought it too, i must have played 10 hours total, i am hooked, still haven't done the first boss but i am trying to build a decent home

See how you get on but for £15 its an absolute steal of a game. Loads of playtime guaranteed in this.

yeah and i haven't completely explored the first island since i need to craft better equipment, because some enemies obliterate me with 2-3 hits

i saw that you have made a server, maybe i will join it, but i don't know how

usually i rarely pay that much for a game but i liked it for some reason

1 hour ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

yeah and i haven't completely explored the first island since i need to craft better equipment, because some enemies obliterate me with 2-3 hits

Food. You need food. 3 different things (2 different meats ideal with something else) for high health and stamina.

But, then again.. I always want food. Haha.

@TurboR56Mini  and I can help you get on the server, if you want... just DM me... and if one of us is available, we can walk you through it. We have to do it the hard way because we are in the US, but we walked @Ajay  and @crispymorgan through the easier/regular way.

yeah i know, i always have 3-4 different kinds of food with me, but it's still weird to me that the health bar is tied to the hunger bar, i will try to do some stuff solo first like explore the first island and beat the boss and then i will probably join your server

Alright, so I might get some hate for this... but I don't like this game.  I thought it looked cool a while back.  Then, everyone started playing it on here, so I thought I'd go ahead and pick it up.  I played it for about 30 minutes tonight before I had to leave for work.  The controls suck, the graphics suck, and I didn't really have any fun at all.  I don't get the hype.  What am I missing?  

Seriously considering returning the game on Steam.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Alright, so I might get some hate for this... but I don't like this game.  I thought it looked cool a while back.  Then, everyone started playing it on here, so I thought I'd go ahead and pick it up.  I played it for about 30 minutes tonight before I had to leave for work.  The controls suck, the graphics suck, and I didn't really have any fun at all.  I don't get the hype.  What am I missing?  

It's a game where you need to be on with friends. Do that first before binning it.

There's people on most days I think and the guys from the US are a really cool bunch. Myself, Rich, Crispy, Greboth, Dave Plumber and Lee will probably be on over the weekend too.

Looks-wise, it's all about the lighting, its gorgeous sometimes considering the lack of 3d textures. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

Nah, don't be silly mate! Not everyone is gonna like the game. Here's my 2p on what you say.

Graphically wise I was worried because I'm not the ultimate fan of Minecraft, but I appreciate what you can make in it. Valheim takes a Minecraft element with the graphics to a degree but they've enhanced them so if you look from the ground to the sky its a blend of all types. Something to enjoy and not really in any other game. Also, Rich @tronic44 made a very valid point the other day as for us its not much about graphics, but how animations work. Take a cutting a tree down. When you cut it down, if it falls into other trees the mechanics mean that it can knock other trees down too, in line with how you would think it would be in real life.

Building stuff is just so quick. No waiting, just get the stuff and build it with the Hammer. The snapping, once you understand it, is one of the best i've seen in a game that compensates for the uneven ground and other elements around you.

You don't play these games do you Tommy? DayZ is a survival but a way harsher scale and in fairness is about you surviving than surviving to create your own village/world. This is a chill game too so some people may want something more intense (although it does have its moments!).

I think the game goes into another dimension because we have our very own server so we're all working together to do stuff and explore but genuinely mate, if you ain't gonna get your money's worth, no harm in getting a refund whilst you can.

1 minute ago, phil bottle said:

There's people on most days I think and the guys from the US are a really cool bunch.

Also this. We know what you're like Tommy 😄 but honestly, La @RenFengge , Carl @TurboR56Mini  and Justin @FallenDark200  so far have enjoyed the experience with a number of more US people wanting to come in and help the cause too. Its a game which is fairly quietly played aswell, because many of us can easily just go off into the woods doing our thing. I mean I clearly wasn't online until past 1am last night with US people.... 😁

Not every game is for everyone but it's so much more fun with friends watching them getting fucked by little gobos of chopping trees down on them and killing them. The world is fun but definitely not the best graphics but the lighting is top notch imo but I agree with Lee return it when you have a chance 

I watched a few videos last night and I can see how it would be fun, but I just don't think it's my thing.  I may hang onto it and see what becomes of it since it's still early access.  I heard the developers had 3-5 players in mind when creating it, so I doubt I'll really get into it much.  I haven't really been a social gamer in quite some time, probably since CoD / Destiny 1 days.  I'm around people all day at work and then at home with my family.  As an introvert, games are my time to have some me time.  

I appreciate the feedback fellas.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

1 hour ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I watched a few videos last night and I can see how it would be fun, but I just don't think it's my thing.  I may hang onto it and see what becomes of it since it's still early access.  I heard the developers had 3-5 players in mind when creating it, so I doubt I'll really get into it much.  I haven't really been a social gamer in quite some time, probably since CoD / Destiny 1 days.  I'm around people all day at work and then at home with my family.  As an introvert, games are my time to have some me time.  

I appreciate the feedback fellas.  

Fellow extreme introvert here!

So, I don't do MMORPGs and such, typically. My job entails me to be courteous, kind, pleasant, polite, firm when needed, etc. to basically everyone. I don't like people, in general.

However, I know that when I have a group that I actually feel "safe" and good with, it's okay for me. I actually find myself enjoying my time with FGers and not draining. However, even in Valheim, I did wander off by myself to do my own thing, which happens to be exploring. It's nice to get back to a camp and see other people... or yell for help if I'm nearby and being chased by a mob of orcs/goblins/whatever.

Definitely feel you on the graphics. I am a graphics snob. But, this works? 

That said, no harm in returning the game! I've bought/downloaded a handful of games that I thoroughly regret and did not bother to return. Not all games are going to do it for everyone!

10 minutes ago, RenFengge said:

Fellow extreme introvert here!

So, I don't do MMORPGs and such, typically. My job entails me to be courteous, kind, pleasant, polite, firm when needed, etc. to basically everyone. I don't like people, in general.

However, I know that when I have a group that I actually feel "safe" and good with, it's okay for me. I actually find myself enjoying my time with FGers and not draining. However, even in Valheim, I did wander off by myself to do my own thing, which happens to be exploring. It's nice to get back to a camp and see other people... or yell for help if I'm nearby and being chased by a mob of orcs/goblins/whatever.

Definitely feel you on the graphics. I am a graphics snob. But, this works? 

That said, no harm in returning the game! I've bought/downloaded a handful of games that I thoroughly regret and did not bother to return. Not all games are going to do it for everyone!

She's surly an introvert!!! Although, she does sit next to me yelling at me to help her kill whatever nonsense she's wandered into in the pursuit of shinny things.

29 minutes ago, TurboR56Mini said:

We have a base on a troll cave....lets see if we can farm these big, blue, hairy bastards!!!

20210217181531_1.thumb.jpg.3cb17d21bc6dbc8bd5d5196929797c12.jpg

20210217181805_1.jpg

Really.. my bad... Oops. I should really walk the grounds before picking locations.  Haha. 

@RenFengge  and I were busy tonight after a long day at work. Main base now has a full smelting, 9 pigs a breeding, and some patched fence work. Merchant base now has a troll hunting tower that @FallenDark200 and I worked on. Getting ready for Sunday!!

20210219002511_1.thumb.jpg.508ad21296472dca0db778c055314922.jpg

20210218210951_1.jpg

20210218210926_1.jpg

3 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I literally LOVE the tower at the Merchant base, looks so cool connecting the two buildings together. You have been bloody busy guys!

Not much progress on the exploring. Except, well, we have a new outpost northeast of Home Base. Map update news will be posted after tonight's session. I want to try to put together a better map, and rename "Shopping Base" after much "discussion" with @TurboR56Mini .

Also, surprised he didn't mention why the pig pen at Home Base is bigger... I wanted to build a gate to make it easier to trap new, wild pigs (I want a 2 star pig). Didn't realize that I didn't have much wood on me. Thus, the pigs got out hahaha. 

Interesting to note. The pigs LOVED being outside the gate. So many hearts everywhere. We started with 9 pigs. I culled 3 that got out. We re-trapped all the tame pigs. Yet, still ended up with 9 pigs and 2 piggies.

We were having a little fun with one of the trolls at the new outpost. Because I wanted copper. And, I learned that if the trolls hits one of the metal deposits, we get that metal ore before we get the tools to get it ourselves! Yes, I died. But, that's okay! We got some copper now.

I hope everyone else doesn't think that we now own this world. We're just on and want to make it better for everyone!

I think people are going to be surprised when they hop on Sunday. Litterally when we take them to all the bases and outpost and get them the items they need. I don't think we have takin over I think we have made ease of use for others who can't play as much so they can come in and experience a good time and maybe influence more to jump on by seeing a lot of @TurboR56Mini  @RenFengge  hard work. I have been more of get on run and collect materials build a little and get off with my schedule. Also Carl did you end up seeing what I did to the merchant base today?

3 hours ago, FallenDark200 said:

I think people are going to be surprised when they hop on Sunday. Litterally when we take them to all the bases and outpost and get them the items they need. I don't think we have takin over I think we have made ease of use for others who can't play as much so they can come in and experience a good time and maybe influence more to jump on by seeing a lot of @TurboR56Mini  @RenFengge  hard work. I have been more of get on run and collect materials build a little and get off with my schedule. Also Carl did you end up seeing what I did to the merchant base today?

I did!! Looks great, the added wall is always helpful. I think the horizontal spikes are next!

@TurboR56Mini  yeah I didn't have much time to be on so I went exploring and found a decent amount of those cores was going to build a smelter and stuff at that base but im not sure where to place them quite yet maybe if you and LA are on tomorrow we can figure it out and go exploring and maybe setup up smelters and stuff at each base to prepare for sunday?

3 hours ago, FallenDark200 said:

@TurboR56Mini  yeah I didn't have much time to be on so I went exploring and found a decent amount of those cores was going to build a smelter and stuff at that base but im not sure where to place them quite yet maybe if you and LA are on tomorrow we can figure it out and go exploring and maybe setup up smelters and stuff at each base to prepare for sunday?

Oh, we will be on lol. Definitely in the afternoon for me. I'm about to get up to get ready for the gym and other things. @TurboR56Mini  might be on while I'm out doing my healthy stuff this morning.