SPOILERS WandaVision Spoiler Discussion

LordBaguette

This thread is dedicated to discussing WandaVision as it happens week by week. So only read if you are up to date

Currently just finished episode 5. I think I may have worked out the plot after the revelation of X-Men universe Quicksilver at the end. So obviously it seems like a huge revelation right now that Quicksilver has seemingly hopped over from the Fox (now Disney) X-men universe. I do think, however, this may be a misdirect. Wanda clearly didn't know that was about to happen, she didn't cause it to happen. So my theory is:

Someone is trying to make Wanda happy for a reason. They are trying to extract some form of power from her, potentially from her kids. It's clear she wants the kids to grow up by forcing them (killing the dog as a ploy to get them to grow older again). Her kids in the comics are Wiccan and Speed which have the same powers as her and her brother. I think it is either Agatha Harkness and / or Mephisto posing as Quicksilver from the Xmen universe, or they have actually plucked him from the other universe (and are manipulating him). I would tend to go towards the first option however. I think they tried to view the MCU version of Quicksilver to fool Wanda, but Mephisto/Agatha potentially got it wrong and viewed the Xmen version fo Quicksilver, and assumed he looked the same. This however has now opened up all the possibilites for multiverse and getting whatever Xmen characters they want going forward

As for how this all started in the first place: The new head of sword (forget his name but the generic looking grey haired guy), they are basically there to create and design new weapons. It looks like in the episode they even have Vision cut up into pieces, and use his body for research and creating new weapons and tech. Wanda was shown in this episode getting his corpse back and presumably taking it into Westview. Now, it was basically told to us that she cannot bring back the dead with her reality powers (this would be too OP, even for her). What I propose she has done (or maybe Mephisto/Agatha) they actually took the mind stone from another reality, and are using it to reanimate Vision with the help of Scarlett Witchs powers (the mind stone is shown briefly in a trailer clip). Now as you know from Endgame, the Ancient One states that you cannot take a stone from another reality and keep it, as this has disastrous consequences for that reality. Whatever reality she has taken it from (probably the Xmen one), is slowly causing huge issues for the multiverse, which will then in turn lead up to the events of Dr Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness, which she is also going to be a part of. Also, in the upcoming Loki TV show, it is the version of Loki that takes the space stone as well, this will probably make the problem even worse and accelerate the issue.

If you have seen the Mandalorian I think they are basically doing the same with this. The Mandalorian was used to seed loads of spin-offs and big world building events for Star Wars (examples of Boba Fett and Ahsoka upcoming TV shows). I think they are doing the same with WandaVision, and expect to see some other big reveals going forward. But also the small things they just mention (like them getting an expert in to create something to get through the barrier). This has a high probability of being Reed Richards (aka Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic 4). This will be seeded in WandaVision for a future Fantastic Four film in the MCU. Another is that Monica clearly has powers she is trying to hide for whatever reason. As the scan on her body didnt work and she refused a blood test. Assume this will be followed up in Captain Marvel 2

Anyway these are my theories / thoughts

cba

I'm with you on this, there's a few too many coincidental things that they've tried to paint Wanda as the cause of the hex and West view.  So naturally my assumption is she isn't the true cause.

I didn't think about WandaVision being the start of a new story in the MCU and spin-offs but it sounds reasonable.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 2/5/2021 at 10:21 AM, LordBaguette said:

This thread is dedicated to discussing WandaVision as it happens week by week. So only read if you are up to date

Currently just finished episode 5. I think I may have worked out the plot after the revelation of X-Men universe Quicksilver at the end. So obviously it seems like a huge revelation right now that Quicksilver has seemingly hopped over from the Fox (now Disney) X-men universe. I do think, however, this may be a misdirect. Wanda clearly didn't know that was about to happen, she didn't cause it to happen. So my theory is:

Someone is trying to make Wanda happy for a reason. They are trying to extract some form of power from her, potentially from her kids. It's clear she wants the kids to grow up by forcing them (killing the dog as a ploy to get them to grow older again). Her kids in the comics are Wiccan and Speed which have the same powers as her and her brother. I think it is either Agatha Harkness and / or Mephisto posing as Quicksilver from the Xmen universe, or they have actually plucked him from the other universe (and are manipulating him). I would tend to go towards the first option however. I think they tried to view the MCU version of Quicksilver to fool Wanda, but Mephisto/Agatha potentially got it wrong and viewed the Xmen version fo Quicksilver, and assumed he looked the same. This however has now opened up all the possibilites for multiverse and getting whatever Xmen characters they want going forward

As for how this all started in the first place: The new head of sword (forget his name but the generic looking grey haired guy), they are basically there to create and design new weapons. It looks like in the episode they even have Vision cut up into pieces, and use his body for research and creating new weapons and tech. Wanda was shown in this episode getting his corpse back and presumably taking it into Westview. Now, it was basically told to us that she cannot bring back the dead with her reality powers (this would be too OP, even for her). What I propose she has done (or maybe Mephisto/Agatha) they actually took the mind stone from another reality, and are using it to reanimate Vision with the help of Scarlett Witchs powers (the mind stone is shown briefly in a trailer clip). Now as you know from Endgame, the Ancient One states that you cannot take a stone from another reality and keep it, as this has disastrous consequences for that reality. Whatever reality she has taken it from (probably the Xmen one), is slowly causing huge issues for the multiverse, which will then in turn lead up to the events of Dr Strange 2: Multiverse of Madness, which she is also going to be a part of. Also, in the upcoming Loki TV show, it is the version of Loki that takes the space stone as well, this will probably make the problem even worse and accelerate the issue.

If you have seen the Mandalorian I think they are basically doing the same with this. The Mandalorian was used to seed loads of spin-offs and big world building events for Star Wars (examples of Boba Fett and Ahsoka upcoming TV shows). I think they are doing the same with WandaVision, and expect to see some other big reveals going forward. But also the small things they just mention (like them getting an expert in to create something to get through the barrier). This has a high probability of being Reed Richards (aka Mr Fantastic from the Fantastic 4). This will be seeded in WandaVision for a future Fantastic Four film in the MCU. 

Anyway these are my theories / thoughts

I think my main issue with all of this is that Quicksilver has the best scenes, but post Days of Future past, the other Xmen films are terrible. So I dont want them to bring all of that crap over with them.. 

cba

Thats such a well thought explanation Tom, top efforts for that dude as I wouldn't have known ANY of that because I just haven't watched the Xmen films, mainly cos they look utter shite (and keep going backwards, you know I like sequels not prequels).

I'll have to watch them now to get upto speed.

Personally, I was seriously disappointed in the first 3 episodes. Doesnt have the Wow factor I probably expected. I think it doesn't help Disney are following a 30 min episode approach as those 3 episodes could've been a good 45/60 min episode on its own.

Whats Rambo's implication in all of this? I don't fully understand why the scan didn't show all her vital organs.

Ep5 was the best out of the lot, but something is quite missing compared to how they approached Mandolarian in a similar format. Just not sure what it is. Probably more so the supporting actors potentially - however I know that we'll get good episodes here on in.

Oh, one last question - so you're saying Quicksilver is real and from a different universe?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

5 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thats such a well thought explanation Tom, top efforts for that dude as I wouldn't have known ANY of that because I just haven't watched the Xmen films, mainly cos they look utter shite (and keep going backwards, you know I like sequels not prequels).

Personally, I was seriously disappointed in the first 3 episodes. Doesnt have the Wow factor I probably expected. I think it doesn't help Disney are following a 30 min episode approach as those 3 episodes could've been a good 45/60 min episode on its own.

Whats Rambo's implication in all of this? I don't fully understand why the scan didn't show all her vital organs.

Ep5 was the best out of the lot, but something is quite missing compared to how they approached Mandolarian in a similar format. Just not sure what it is. Probably more so the supporting actors potentially - however I know that we'll get good episodes here on in.

Oh, one last question - so you're saying Quicksilver is real and from a different universe?

I think Rambo has powers and shes hiding them. She is Photon in the comics similar to Captain Marvels powers. How she got the powers I guess will be explained in the next film. This is what I mean by seeding storylines

I mean its completely different to mando in the sense that mando is episodic and has a different story every week, with the continuous story on the backburner. This is just one continuous storyline

I think Quicksilver in this context is either Agatha or Mephisto disguised as Quicksilver, or they have literally plucked him from an alternate universe. Because this version of Quickslver is dead, that was the closest they could get - and maybe didnt realise he actually looks different. I think id go with disguised more than it actually being him. (i.e the Xmen characters that disney/marvel now own again after they bought it back from Fox)

cba

5 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I think Rambo has powers and shes hiding them. She is Photon in the comics similar to Captain Marvels powers. How she got the powers I guess will be explained in the next film. This is what I mean by seeding storylines

I mean its completely different to mando in the sense that mando is episodic and has a different story every week, with the continuous story on the backburner. This is just one continuous storyline

I think Quicksilver in this context is either Agatha or Mephisto disguised as Quicksilver, or they have literally plucked him from an alternate universe. Because this version of Quickslver is dead, that was the closest they could get - and maybe didnt realise he actually looks different. I think id go with disguised more than it actually being him. (i.e the Xmen characters that disney/marvel now own again after they bought it back from Fox)

10 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Also yea after days of future past the films are awful. Quicksilver, Magneto and Professor X are pretty much the only ones who have decent scenes still

cba

Have to agree with pretty much all of this and have been thinking since endgame about loki disappearing with the space stone that it would have consequences and open up to possible disastrous ones and it does look like its heading that way. 

Definitely think Wanda has done some kind of deal with Mephisto to bring Vision back but not realised what Mephisto is gaining from it, as we know in the past Avengers tend to have a habit of intending to do good with very bad consequences (Ultron for example). 

One thing that massively pisses me off though is that they haven't re cast the X-Men, I can't stand most the X-Men cast/films apart from Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy and obviously Hugh Jackman but the rest are atrocious, X-Men needs rebooting without a doubt as it was my favourite as a kid then the films ruined it for me (apart from Logan 👌

However..... Going back to your point of the multiverse is that it obviously confirms 100% what direction MCU are going with bringing past characters in with the likes of other Maguire, Garfield, Dafoe etc however...... If the Quicksilver of this Universe is dead, where are the X-Men of this Universe also and will they be a completly new cast (fingers crossed) as you would think they have to be as it would and the old cast are included in the multiverse with the other Quicksilver. 

Raises alot of questions however exciting ones..... Also now this multiverse is confirmed I'd love to see Hugh return as Old Logan one last time in a timeline before Logan. 

Would be awesome especially alongside deadpool. 

46 minutes ago, Macca89 said:

Have to agree with pretty much all of this and have been thinking since endgame about loki disappearing with the space stone that it would have consequences and open up to possible disastrous ones and it does look like its heading that way. 

Definitely think Wanda has done some kind of deal with Mephisto to bring Vision back but not realised what Mephisto is gaining from it, as we know in the past Avengers tend to have a habit of intending to do good with very bad consequences (Ultron for example). 

One thing that massively pisses me off though is that they haven't re cast the X-Men, I can't stand most the X-Men cast/films apart from Patrick Stewart, James McAvoy and obviously Hugh Jackman but the rest are atrocious, X-Men needs rebooting without a doubt as it was my favourite as a kid then the films ruined it for me (apart from Logan 👌

However..... Going back to your point of the multiverse is that it obviously confirms 100% what direction MCU are going with bringing past characters in with the likes of other Maguire, Garfield, Dafoe etc however...... If the Quicksilver of this Universe is dead, where are the X-Men of this Universe also and will they be a completly new cast (fingers crossed) as you would think they have to be as it would and the old cast are included in the multiverse with the other Quicksilver. 

Raises alot of questions however exciting ones..... Also now this multiverse is confirmed I'd love to see Hugh return as Old Logan one last time in a timeline before Logan. 

Would be awesome especially alongside deadpool. 

I figured theyd be doing a reverse version of House of M. I thought theyd recast everyone tbh. Its too early to say, at this point. But for me, I dont mind them using the same actor for the part if they played a good part, although if they go that route, I'd want the character to not be same character from the current Xmen movies. I.e same actor playing the same marvel comic character, but not playing the Xmen movie version of that character.

For me the only salvageable actors playing their characters are Professor X James Mcavoy, Magneto Michael Fassbender, Evan Peters Quicksilver and Hugh Jackman Wolverine (although I think he will be too old to come back) and of-course Deadpool Ryan Reynolds is already confirmed. (they have done this already in a minor way with bringing across J Jonah Jameson being played by J.K Simmons again in Spiderman Far From Home. Hes playing the same marvel character, but not the actual character from the old spiderman films - this is what they need to do

I dont want any of the others yknow storm, Jean Gray etc.. they are just boring and easily replaceable

cba

Multiverse is a huge plot connector that if they don't make it simplistic to understand I do think they'll lose a lot of people - cos unfortunately you guys are in the minority knowing so much about Marvel and the comics background, etc.

39 minutes ago, Macca89 said:

I'd love to see Hugh return as Old Logan one last time in a timeline before Logan.

Would be cool but I would not be happy seeing a prequel Logan. I'd rather look at it as the Logan film was just a separate film in its own right so we can tie him in better (I see the Logan film on his own anyway tbh).

2 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

I figured theyd be doing a reverse version of House of M.

Whats the House of M? I'm an X-Men noob in all of this.

1 minute ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Multiverse is a huge plot connector that if they don't make it simplistic to understand I do think they'll lose a lot of people - cos unfortunately you guys are in the minority knowing so much about Marvel and the comics background, etc.

Would be cool but I would not be happy seeing a prequel Logan. I'd rather look at it as the Logan film was just a separate film in its own right so we can tie him in better (I see the Logan film on his own anyway tbh).

Whats the House of M? I'm an X-Men noob in all of this.

Its a comic storyline where Wanda basically kills every mutant using her powers

cba

I do definitely think that they will bring in Hugh for a logan cameo or something with Deadpool, Reynolds said recently that before the Disney purchase that they were in plans to make Deadpool and Logan road trip across America! That would have been bloody awesome and apart of me still hopes that happens 🤣🙏

14 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Its a comic storyline where Wanda basically kills every mutant using her powers

Thanks mate. She seems to be one where she seesaws between good and evil. As much as this has started in a way to eventually see the good in her, it does feel like she will go back to being against our new 'good' heroes.

Do we know how much of the Reality stone materia she has in her? She essentially was the most powerful Avenger behind Captain Marvel in Avengers Endgame.

15 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Thanks mate. She seems to be one where she seesaws between good and evil. As much as this has started in a way to eventually see the good in her, it does feel like she will go back to being against our new 'good' heroes.

Do we know how much of the Reality stone materia she has in her? She essentially was the most powerful Avenger behind Captain Marvel in Avengers Endgame.

She has nothing to do with the reality stone. Experiments with the mind stone 'gave' her powers in age of ultron. I think this be retconned in that her and quicksilver had those powers all along and the stone just made them manifest quicker

Nah Scarlett Witch is the most powerful by far. Id say currently its Dr Strange then Scarlett Witch. Captain Marvel is physically probably the strongest but she can just be blipped out of existence or nullified completely by those 2 if they wanted

I cant see Dr Strange not making some sort of appearance before the end of this show, it just wouldnt make sense for him to not get involved

cba

Potential add on to the above theory which I think has a high probability of being true: The head of Sword was experimenting with Vision as they are trying to recreate Ultron. I saw this earlier I think this could be true @Macca89  @GazzaGarratt @Misneach_  

cba

EPISODE 6 SPOILERS BELOW!!

I saw this comment from someone and I think it is 100% correct after watching episode 6:

Pietro is the Villain. Lets go through this.
Billy was inherently scared of him for no reason. Billy being the one who has the ability to feel people’s emotions and thoughts such as when he could feel Vision dying outside the bubble and last episode Billy seemed to be training the dog telepathically as well. This Billy was just scared of Pietro being a “Vampire” for some inherent reason.

Pietro can see Billy’s thoughts. Remember when Billy is talking to the camera, thats supposed to be Billy’s inner monologue, but clearly we see Pietro responding to it like he can see what Billy is thinking meaning he has way more awareness than even Wanda has.

Pietro deflects the question interrogating his past. He never answers whether he actually knows the question Wanda asked.
He proceeds to drive it into wanda’s mind that she’s the villain yet she clearly doesnt know whats happening.
He is acting like a person who knows the script of the story itself. He is reading out character arcs and plot mechanics as if he were the writer of the entire thing. You could say he is guessing but hes right though. All the plot mechanics he says he embodies are ridiculously on the nose and way too correct.

Pietro knows Vision is dead. How does he know that if all he can remember is dying in Sokovia and waking up here?
Wanda attacks him. This is mainly just foreshadowing. Wanda never even attacked Monica. She specifically protects her from physical harm while throwing her out yet for Pietro she blatantly harms him.

The commercial for the first time isnt about Wanda. The commercial is about someone “Surviving” by snacking on “Yo-magic”. Wanda’s powers aren’t called magic in the MCU so she wouldn’t think of them as such, and we have no basis for her using magic for sustinance. The only thing that has changed in the series that would cause the commercials to change is, Pietro. A person who could theoretically snack on YOUR MAGIC if he were something nefarious. Kind of like a Magic Vampire.

cba

My question is, how is all this going on, the biggest thing since endgame and none of the remaining avengers seemed concerned. If you remember during infinity war they talk about tracking Wanda and vision but vision goes off grid. Clearly they would be monitoring the intelligence community and know that 1 vision body was stolen and 2 that Wanda is holding a load of people captive.

Interesting theory tbf, did think something was off when he said about vision being dead yet saying he woke up straight after sekovia, I think he's a villain and I believe he is "Nightmare" who draws power from people being in a "dream state", low and Behold exactly what is going on in West View, I think he is manipulating Wanda somehow and if you re-watch the episode the word Nightmare gets mentioned a hell of a lot......... 

I think there are multiple villians working together, we all know about Agatha Harkness, a witch in MCU but first made her appearance in The Fantastic Four Comics so would be brilliant to tie this all together (especially with her evil laugh before vision switches her back to westview normality) 

Then I still think Mephisto is around (hense Pietro's hint at calling the twins "Demon spawn" which is exactly what they are 😳

Then..... This one is shot in the Dark but I possibly thing the sword agent Haywards could potentially be MCU's version of....... Stryker!! 

If you notice he was always fixated on Vision in the most recent episode and seems to want to result in eliminating the threat instead of dealing with it in a calming manner. 

Stryker was solely focused on elimating mutants and focuses on the rise of Androids so I think that's something to Focus on. 

Did love the episode though, some awesome references (Kick Ass had me giggling 😂), also loved the fact that everyone dressed up in their original comic book costume which was cool as hell! 

Can't wait to see what next week brings 💪👌

• GazzaGarratt changed the title to SPOILERS WandaVision Spoiler Discussion
1 hour ago, Macca89 said:

Interesting theory tbf, did think something was off when he said about vision being dead yet saying he woke up straight after sekovia, I think he's a villain and I believe he is "Nightmare" who draws power from people being in a "dream state", low and Behold exactly what is going on in West View, I think he is manipulating Wanda somehow and if you re-watch the episode the word Nightmare gets mentioned a hell of a lot......... 

I think there are multiple villians working together, we all know about Agatha Harkness, a witch in MCU but first made her appearance in The Fantastic Four Comics so would be brilliant to tie this all together (especially with her evil laugh before vision switches her back to westview normality) 

Then I still think Mephisto is around (hense Pietro's hint at calling the twins "Demon spawn" which is exactly what they are 😳

Then..... This one is shot in the Dark but I possibly thing the sword agent Haywards could potentially be MCU's version of....... Stryker!! 

If you notice he was always fixated on Vision in the most recent episode and seems to want to result in eliminating the threat instead of dealing with it in a calming manner. 

Stryker was solely focused on elimating mutants and focuses on the rise of Androids so I think that's something to Focus on. 

Did love the episode though, some awesome references (Kick Ass had me giggling 😂), also loved the fact that everyone dressed up in their original comic book costume which was cool as hell! 

Can't wait to see what next week brings 💪👌

Yea I think its either multiple villains, or theyre combining the characters if Mephisto and Nightmare for less confusion in the MCU

Stryker would be cool. But I think his character will have more to do with either the Skrulls or the Thunderbolts going forward

Only 3 episodes left so surely there will have to be some answers next week

cba

Good episode for number 6. Liked it a little more now, albeit it still feels slow (not a problem as per se, just gotta tell myself when you start a brand new Marvel Phase, things are gonna take time).

I agree Tom @LordBaguette , he is defo a villain - which I didn't realise he was in the comics - he knows too much and he knows he's even different. He doesn't answer the question from Wanda when asked and deflects.

Its sad watching Vision try and get out of the Hex and how it breaks him inside out. Very strange whats going on all of a sudden. I'm convinced when Scarlet Witch was at the lowest of the low and all alone, one of the big bad guys manipulated her to believe she could have all the good things in life again. I think she'll go bad but she'll end up much later in the entire Marvel Phase as a goody - her raw anger but big heart pulls hearts from fans which they will take into account years from now.

Nice to see a nod to Rambo's DNA changing, which I think you said was 'Photon'.

I'm still not understanding what and why the Hex is created how it is. Its more related to the Reality stone than the Mind stone imo, but thats from someone with not much experience in the Marvel comics as others.

18 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Good episode for number 6. Liked it a little more now, albeit it still feels slow (not a problem as per se, just gotta tell myself when you start a brand new Marvel Phase, things are gonna take time).

I agree Tom @LordBaguette , he is defo a villain - which I didn't realise he was in the comics - he knows too much and he knows he's even different. He doesn't answer the question from Wanda when asked and deflects.

Its sad watching Vision try and get out of the Hex and how it breaks him inside out. Very strange whats going on all of a sudden. I'm convinced when Scarlet Witch was at the lowest of the low and all alone, one of the big bad guys manipulated her to believe she could have all the good things in life again. I think she'll go bad but she'll end up much later in the entire Marvel Phase as a goody - her raw anger but big heart pulls hearts from fans which they will take into account years from now.

Nice to see a nod to Rambo's DNA changing, which I think you said was 'Photon'.

I'm still not understanding what and why the Hex is created how it is. Its more related to the Reality stone than the Mind stone imo, but thats from someone with not much experience in the Marvel comics as others.

The stones don't factor in the comic version of this story at all, only reason it does in this its because it was used to create Vision in the MCU. The reality stone has nothing to do with this story. She just has those powers not everything has to be stone related xD

cba

Random cool detail in the last episode for everyone. At the end Darcy finds folder on Haywoods drive called 'Cataract' right before the hex expands. Cataracts is a condition where you can get double vision if untreated. So project Cataract was clearly created to create a new Vision. Double Vision, get it xD 

cba

23 hours ago, LordBaguette said:

The stones don't factor in the comic version of this story at all, only reason it does in this its because it was used to create Vision in the MCU. The reality stone has nothing to do with this story. She just has those powers not everything has to be stone related xD

Ah fair enough mate. I suppose it doesn't but it's not starting from a fresh and they're still referencing the Mind stone which is obvious. From a watcher that could be a non-huge Marvel geek, i'm just looking out for continuity between Marvel Phases. Everyone will have Endgame in their head so its just putting it into persepctive.

5 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

Random cool detail in the last episode for everyone. At the end Darcy finds folder on Haywoods drive called 'Cataract' right before the hex expands. Cataracts is a condition where you can get double vision if untreated. So project Cataract was clearly created to create a new Vision. Double Vision, get it xD 

Now THAT is clever! Didn't catch that one at all! Did you rewatch it for stuff like this?

34 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Ah fair enough mate. I suppose it doesn't but it's not starting from a fresh and they're still referencing the Mind stone which is obvious. From a watcher that could be a non-huge Marvel geek, i'm just looking out for continuity between Marvel Phases. Everyone will have Endgame in their head so its just putting it into persepctive.

Now THAT is clever! Didn't catch that one at all! Did you rewatch it for stuff like this?

I noticed it was called cataract but didn't think much of it. Video I was watching about it pointed it out

cba

1 hour ago, LordBaguette said:

Does this support our theories that he could be MCU's Stryker or maybe even Ultron???? Does fit the bill tbf