Battlefield 2042 [BF6]

J4MES OX4D

3535663-ea-blog-images-bfv-the-company-0
WWW.GAMESPOT.COM

The next Battlefield game is coming in Holiday 2021.

Anything less than a modern military shooter would be a tragedy. It has to be that and nothing else.

My faves are Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360, then on PC, Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360, then on PC, Battlefield 4 on PC, and PS4. All great Battlefield games of the modern era. I'd take something along those lines or near future. 

I'd like a BF the FG community could get into but I'm not sure Dice still have the old magic. Hope they do.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

4 hours ago, phil bottle said:

My faves are Battlefield Bad Company 2 on Xbox 360, then on PC, Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360, then on PC, Battlefield 4 on PC, and PS4. All great Battlefield games of the modern era. I'd take something along those lines or near future. 

I'd like a BF the FG community could get into but I'm not sure Dice still have the old magic. Hope they do.

Wish we got Bad Company 3 instead of 5 or Hardline! Battlefield 4 is my personal favourite however that was only after 18 months of post-launch bug fixing and support - the game was a mess at launch and it took a lot of work to get right. The end result with the game fixed, all the maps and the wealth of weapons was a truly amazing experience. Had it been that good on release, it may have shit Call of Duty up for the rest of the decade. 

Battlefield 5 was a mistake. 

Really liked the old BF's, the last one I really enjoyed was BF1 but not sure if that was because of the game itself, or because it was WW1 and something different.

Either way, hopefully they smash it because its nice to have an alternative to COD and change of game style/pace

On 2/4/2021 at 6:44 AM, techno said:

Anything close to BF4 will do for me as that game was my favourite fps game of all time... 

Totally agree. BF4 is one of the best shooter on PS4. Hopefully this will be more of the same. But without the server launch issues we had with BF4.

fart.gif

I'd love to get stuck into one as I missed BF4 hype at the time. Lets keep our fingers crossed it gets some good early signs before release and i'm sure FG would get behind it....we've played CoD since day zero so I can't see why not!

39 minutes ago, MrBiron said:

The fact it's only on the new gen consoles is interesting and quite surprising considering that the player base won't be that high for them.

The PC market is massive for Battlefield and they probably determine that many people who wont have access to a next gen console may have a PC to fall back on regardless. I'm definitely glad it's a current gen title as that shows some ambition rather than it being held back and then simply forward-ported.  

2 hours ago, MrBiron said:

The fact it's only on the new gen consoles is interesting and quite surprising considering that the player base won't be that high for them.

Has that been 100% confirmed though? I didn't expect them to exclude PS4, Xbox One people, especially with the lack of next gen systems about.

1 hour ago, phil bottle said:

Those pictures look a bit fake but I'm hoping we get some proper news very soon.

Yeah i'm hoping to hear more soon. Weirdly, i'd like us to be hyped for something new of late. Miss the buzz (well, not all the time 😄) of info being leaked ahead of the next big game

6 hours ago, MrBiron said:

By the time they get their servers running properly and sort out their shit it will be 18 months anyways. Might be a good strategy to have a slowly incrementing player base to be able to handle the problems. 

I played BF since bad company. The game design was always exceptional, the execution was always abysmal at launch.  I don't expect that to change

So I've heard that it was being teased for June which is really good news that we're hopefully not far away.

On 5/4/2021 at 8:59 AM, MrBiron said:

We've now had confirmation through one of their sales calls that whilst BF6 is being created specifically for next-gen in mind, it IS getting a PS4/XBox1 version as well. So thats great news and a big banana skin avoided.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, MrBiron said:

Totally agree. BF4 is one of the best shooter on PS4. Hopefully this will be more of the same. But without the server launch issues we had with BF4.

Yes lads ! Yes ! I still play BF4.  It is so so good and was criminally underrated.  Who needs CoD when you can have these all out wars. Even though i will still be on PS4 cannot wait to see what is coming

On 5/2/2021 at 8:45 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

Two screenshots likely form the imminent reveal trailer have been leaked - confirmed as legit too. Game set roughly 10 years into the future using current real world weapons. 

F6DPVvqHHV2L6AbnE8fCoA.jpeg

UYYVpVLPemak6KwGNKH7GJ.jpeg

That looks pretty sweet. Hoping it's not too futuristic though 

• J4MES OX4D changed the title to Battlefield 2042 [BF6]

The Hardzone mode is getting talked about and there are suggestions it's going to be an Escape From Tarkov style mode where you do your thing and have to extract. Maybe a bit like the Division dark zone extraction. I'm really intrigued.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg