Assassins Creed Black Flag, worth getting?

I ditched the whole AC franchise years ago and only recently got back into it with Valhalla (cause Vikings), but ever since this game came out to this very day I still see people talking about how good it was. And it’s got me wondering if it’s worth picking up for the ps4 after all these years? Anyone played it much that could give me some input at all?

Having played almost all of them, I would highly recommend Black Flag simply for the ship battles alone! 

Main character is possibly one of the most likeable in the series after Ezio.  

If you would enjoy being more of a pirate then an assassin  then you’ll definitely enjoy Black Flag and from what I remember there was plenty to do with plenty of side quests and activities like Fort taking and fighting other ships in a storm amongst lots of other things. 

Really good graphics for the time (some of the views are pretty spectacular if you get through the island jungles) and it’s a good storyline if you enjoy that side of the game as well

APmVvKG.gif

For me, it's probably the last traditional AC game and a good one at that. It was given away for free on PC a couple of years back so I grabbed it again after originally getting it for PS4. It's a bargain bin title now but still a great purchase. The game isn't bloated with generic quests like you get with Origins and Odyssey and the world isn't needlessly over-sized. There were no XP boosters back in those days either so the gameplay framework Ubisoft provide is much more satisfying and not designed around greed.  

Is it worth it?

1 MILLION PERCENT YES!

Black Flag was incredible for me. Great story, combat and quests were really cool. Sailing the boat was just incredible and getting into Pirate Wars was something brand new. I got addicted to the side game on mobile aswell which impacts what you do in-game. I don't think anyone has done a better app that integrates and impacts the game as much as this one. You have to do it Sebba! @ChaosGladiator

On 2/1/2021 at 12:18 PM, J4MES OX4D said:

For me, it's probably the last traditional AC game and a good one at that. It was given away for free on PC a couple of years back so I grabbed it again after originally getting it for PS4. It's a bargain bin title now but still a great purchase. The game isn't bloated with generic quests like you get with Origins and Odyssey and the world isn't needlessly over-sized. There were no XP boosters back in those days either so the gameplay framework Ubisoft provide is much more satisfying and not designed around greed.  

I got it free on PC a while back too but have never played it.  All of this talk is making me want to play it.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

58 minutes ago, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I got it free on PC a while back too but have never played it.  All of this talk is making me want to play it.  

Ha ha snap. Have it from Ubistore but never installed andshould really try and give it a go. The same with  AC: Origins🙄😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Hell yeah!! Black Flag was the last AC game that i completed and it was awesome! For me there were so many different aspects to the game that they incorporated well, the ships were always fun, whether battling or just sailing from place to place, and i thought it had a really good story too...definitely worth playing 🙂

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Ha ha snap. Have it from Ubistore but never installed andshould really try and give it a go. The same with  AC: Origins🙄😅

Do Black Flag first - Origins is an horrific grind after the 20 hour mark where you are level-gated and either have to do the same old mundane side quests over and over to progress, or pay Ubisoft for boosters where you proceed without playing the game😂

Christ I miss AC how it used to be. Thankfully Origins doesn't have any dance emotes😎