Race 3.

Gr.3

Tokyo  Expressway East Outer

4 laps

Wet tyres

No fuel or tyre use, I'm not a sadist 😎

First race begins 8.30pm

Gran Turismo Sport - daily races

N.B. If viewing this via the FG App, please visit the Calendar event via browser to RSVP. Thanks.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Managed to do a few practice runs on Tsukuba and Mount Panorama, found both of the tracks to be quite difficult to get started on, but I think I've got the hang of them now. 

1:02.7 on Tsukuba (Opt 1:02.5)

2:11.7 on M. Panorama (Opt 2:09.4)

Let me know if I can do any better or if that's not bad for my first attempt. 

Look forward to seeing you all soon! 

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

Managed to do a few practice runs on Tsukuba and Mount Panorama, found both of the tracks to be quite difficult to get started on, but I think I've got the hang of them now. 

I don’t know about Tsukuba as never done it in Gr4.  For Mount Panorama, the worlds fastest times will be low 2mins but I think anything under 2:10’s is doing well.

It’s really over the mountain that can gain or lose so much time.  Basically after turn 3, the uphill left hander, you can run full throttle (or with some small lifts) until you need to brake for the downhill chicane (Skyline chicane).

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

17 hours ago, Lurch said:

A couple of things to add.

1. The tyres you're using - from hard to super soft - will all have different fastest times.

2. Do your laps in the lobby if you haven't been. For some reason doing them in the Arcade mode the tracks have been given more grip, so the times aren't realistic.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Might have a little practice in a bit so I can post up what i'm getting around too @Lurch . If I do jump on though, i'll go into the party chat so people can join in and practice at the same time if need be.

I realised I made a mistake above as I was basing the Mount Panorama times on using Racing Hard tyres not softs.  A few laps practice tonight and I was in the 2:04's though 2:03's is definitely possible so I'd anything under 2:06 is fast being there's so many chances to make mistakes over the mountain so really anything under 2:10 is doing well.

As for Tsukuba, it looks like my guess was right about the TT.  I only did 2 or 3 laps in a few cars but the TT was easily the fastest though the McLaren was pretty close - more testing is required.  Though on to times; 56 second lap is possible, maybe 55's but I haven't done enough laps to figure it out, but really I think a good time to aim for is anything under 1 minute.

This might help some people.  It’s a lap guide I did for Assetto Corsa but it was using similar GT cars and the lines are the same.  Some of the markers are different but turning at driveways, the tree etc. are the same.