FG Driver of the Week Poll - 26th January 2021

GazzaGarratt

FG Driver of the Week! 26th January 2021  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your FG Driver of the Week (26th January)

• Greboth
    • JBR-Kiwi
    • G_dub52
    • tronic44
    • phil bottle
    • GazzaGarratt
    • Lurch
    • Shucker
    • Misneach_
    • slamminbones
    • Stretch616
    • TonyAE86
    • Mikepjbell
    • Macca89
    • LordBaguette

This poll is closed to new votes

I thought this would be a great way to start sharing how well we thought others did in the night as no two evenings are usually the same with all of us. I think this will boost some people when they think they might not have done so well but also gives us a little highlight for each week that we can think of how others did, not just ourselves.

If we can try and get one up after each Tuesday race night thats the plan but obviously if others can help me get the poll up before I get here that would be awesome stuffs. Its really easy getting a poll up and adding the names. I'll make sure it shows on the Game Hub GT Sport page too!

Great racing everyone, keep up the awesome fun we're having! GGFG

Racers last night:

@Greboth @JBR-Kiwi  @G_dub52  @tronic44 @phil bottle @GazzaGarratt @Lurch  @Shucker  @Misneach_  @slamminbones  @Stretch616  @TonyAE86 @Mikepjbell  @Macca89  @LordBaguette

I thought James @Lurch  stood out last night after only having a little practice session over the weekend, his times were unreal and although he was unlucky in the first race after spinning out on the first lap, his Laguna Seca drive was superb. I might've passed him if I hadn't have spun off after changing tyres but thats the key - being consistent and making next to no errors rewards you in the end.

Special mentions from me for Paul @slamminbones  who had some great race speed on Brands Hatch, closest i've seen you in one lap race speed to the top runners and also Rich @tronic44 for driving a solid race on Brands Hatch and finishing 3rd, his best finish to date I believe.

Stand outs for me this week were;

Rich @tronic44 Brands Hatch is a tricky track and he bossed it getting, I think, his first podium finish.  Climbing from 7th to 3rd on a track with so little to no good overtaking places and a lot of places to make mistakes is great.  Laguna Seca in some ways is similar to Brands and Rich held his own.

Mike @Mikepjbell racing in a compromised position due to his back problems but managing to qualify 6th in every race and gain a place or 2 each race finishing 4th, 5th an 5th showing off his speed and consistency (in more than just hitting Phil).

Kiwi @JBR-Kiwi As ever, he keeps me honest up front and often pushes me and challenges me to drive faster.  The results don't necessarily reflect how close the racing is at times and I dread to think how close they would be if Kiwi had more time to practise.

DOTW - This has to go to Lurch though, new to the game and absolutely smashed it.  Qualifying 3rd at Brands, which as I said above is a tricky track, which sadly didn't carry through to a podium in the race.  Though he made up for it by getting a podium at Laguna Seca and holding his own around Tskuba.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

I was behind Lurch when he crashed on Brands lap one and that pushed me off too, so even when Mike's solo activities have caused him an injury, Lurch has stepped in to effortlessly ensure I have a consistent experience 😁 I was crap last night😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Mind you, @Stretch616 in the camper van was epic too. Thinking of racing it around the Nord for an end of night race at some point...

I dunno, will it actually make it up some of the hills? 😆

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

On 27/01/2021 at 12:52 PM, phil bottle said:

Mind you, @Stretch616 in the camper van was epic too. Thinking of racing it around the Nord for an end of night race at some point...

Loved it mate, lap times wouldn't have been a million miles away with a clean lap. But that's where I let the car down!!!