Headset Recommendations

jordie1892

After hearing my terrible mic quality in a few videos, figured it was time for a long overdue upgrade. Have a budget of around £200, though if there's something cheaper that's really good value all the better! Anyone have any recommendations?

I use this. 

ee5e6cbd12b847288371489027efe01f.png.120
STEELSERIES.COM

Arctis 7 brings DTS Headphone:X 7.1 v2.0 Surround Sound, the best mic in gaming, and lag-free wireless with 24 hour+ battery life.

My husband has their top one.

We're pretty happy with our choices. Let us know what you end up with!

4 hours ago, RenFengge said:

I have the Pro wireless as well...does he sometimes find the 100% volume level is a bit low? I've turned the volume limiter off but on some videos it can seem a little quiet....or maybe it's time for hearing aids 😔

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

43 minutes ago, Plumbers Crack said:

I have the Pro wireless as well...does he sometimes find the 100% volume level is a bit low? I've turned the volume limiter off but on some videos it can seem a little quiet....or maybe it's time for hearing aids 😔

No, at least I don't think so. The one or two times I was in the living room and had to use his headset, I totally noticed that sometimes other people are super low. Not everyone. Just certain ones. I find it weird.

My $99 wired headset never had these issues.

We only got me a new wireless one because he wants me to play D2 with him and his coworkers on PC, and my wired headset wouldn't actually work. (I prefer PC for the sake of accuracy)

Aside from the once in a while volume issues, I think it's a great headset... I think the issues are more user error than anything... and I don't like messing with other people's settings.

17 hours ago, RenFengge said:

I use this. 

STEELSERIES.COM

Arctis 7 brings DTS Headphone:X 7.1 v2.0 Surround Sound, the best mic in gaming, and lag-free wireless with 24 hour+ battery life.

I've had a look around, this definitely looks the way to go. The Arctis 9's are on the way!

Appreciate the recommendation!

I think @Stretch616  got Arctis 7's? and he said they are ace. I'm really interested in the Steel Series now because £250 for a pair of Astro A50s, albeit its the elite headset to have, just seems to be such a huge amount of money to part with. Some of these are just over half the price but the quality always gets raved about. Let us know how you get on with them dude!

On 23/01/2021 at 12:28 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I think @Stretch616  got Arctis 7's? and he said they are ace. I'm really interested in the Steel Series now because £250 for a pair of Astro A50s, albeit its the elite headset to have, just seems to be such a huge amount of money to part with. Some of these are just over half the price but the quality always gets raved about. Let us know how you get on with them dude!

Fantastic bit of kit, absolutely love the quality that it gives.

Plus the battery life and comfort is just amazing. I use these for anywhere up to 12 hours a day for work and then in the evening for gaming. My ears don't sting at all after this period of use and the battery is only about 1/2 used.

Couldnt live without them now, would totally reccomend 

On 1/26/2021 at 12:29 PM, Stretch616 said:

Fantastic bit of kit, absolutely love the quality that it gives.

Plus the battery life and comfort is just amazing. I use these for anywhere up to 12 hours a day for work and then in the evening for gaming. My ears don't sting at all after this period of use and the battery is only about 1/2 used.

Couldnt live without them now, would totally reccomend 

Stretch,

I've got the wireless Pro's and had a funny experience with them the other night...I was in a PS4 chat party and had my phone connected to the headset via Bluetooth. All worked well but when I started playing some music the rest of the chat party could hear it. Any idea why or if I can stop it happening like that? I emailed Steelseries support yesterday but haven't had a reply yet

On 27/01/2021 at 12:46 PM, Plumbers Crack said:

Stretch,

I've got the wireless Pro's and had a funny experience with them the other night...I was in a PS4 chat party and had my phone connected to the headset via Bluetooth. All worked well but when I started playing some music the rest of the chat party could hear it. Any idea why or if I can stop it happening like that? I emailed Steelseries support yesterday but haven't had a reply yet

No idea Dave. I assume you mean you joined the party chat via the app as your phone was playing music?

I'll have a bash later and see if I can replicate your results

29 minutes ago, Stretch616 said:

No idea Dave. I assume you mean you joined the party chat via the app as your phone was playing music?

I'll have a bash later and see if I can replicate your results

Don't worry mate, it's cleared itself up but thanks anyway

I had Steel Series Siberia 2 back in the day but the mic was a joke. Glad they've improved upon that.

The best headset I've owned are the Astro A50s. My 5 year old Astros are only good for audio now though as the mic no longer works. But the sound and comfort are amazing. 

I currently use wired Sennheiser PC360 with an Astro mixamp. It's open backed, rather than closed cup like the Astros, and while not as bass heavy as the Astros,  the sound quality is excellent. I took advice from Greebs, as this is a more modular approach and can interchange headsets with the mixamp should they fail.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

9 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I had Steel Series Siberia 2 back in the day but the mic was a joke. Glad they've improved upon that.

The best headset I've owned are the Astro A50s. My 5 year old Astros are only good for audio now though as the mic no longer works. But the sound and comfort are amazing. 

I currently use wired Sennheiser PC360 with an Astro mixamp. It's open backed, rather than closed cup like the Astros, and while not as bass heavy as the Astros,  the sound quality is excellent. I took advice from Greebs, as this is a more modular approach and can interchange headsets with the mixamp should they fail.

I didn't know Greebs had come out as Modular! 😲🤣

The only thing I didn't want to lose was the overall amazeball sound that Astros give you and thats what stops me from shelling out good money for Steel Series when I can save a bit more and still get the updated Astros as mine are Generation 3. Its good to see so much love for Steel Series now though which i'll keep on my watch list because of the recommendations in here.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:54 AM, RenFengge said:

I use this. 

STEELSERIES.COM

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I have so much love for the Arctis 3 (the cheaper version of the 7), I've been using mine for 2 years so far and the sound quality is just superb. I'm no audio enthusiast but it's a great pair of cans for Xbox gaming and Spotify sessions on the good ole mobile phone.

Plus really, it's super cheap. Became even cheaper now that there are better Arctis out there so if you're strapped for cash, don't disregard it completely yet.

31 minutes ago, JungleHeart said:

Sorry for reviving an old thread but I have so much love for the Arctis 3 (the cheaper version of the 7), I've been using mine for 2 years so far and the sound quality is just superb. I'm no audio enthusiast but it's a great pair of cans for Xbox gaming and Spotify sessions on the good ole mobile phone.

Plus really, it's super cheap. Became even cheaper now that there are better Arctis out there so if you're strapped for cash, don't disregard it completely yet.

Don't be sorry for adding value on to any thread mate, its good to know there are cheaper versions of Steel Series that could work too. I feel like after trying wired A10s, Astro still own a portion of my heart fondly.

I have these. There's just a wire that goes from the controller to the headset. The sound is excellent and I've never had any complaints about voice comms.

fart.gif

20 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Don't be sorry for adding value on to any thread mate, its good to know there are cheaper versions of Steel Series that could work too. I feel like after trying wired A10s, Astro still own a portion of my heart fondly.

Hey thanks a lot for seeing it that way. 🙂

I haven't tried Astros and but I'll take that as a recommendation for the A10. To be honest, whenever I jump into headset discussions, it's impossible NOT to see Astro being recommended.