Gran Turismo League

phil bottle

I think we have enough people to consider starting a league. Obviously not right away, as some newer players need some time with the game. But I'm thinking of doing a league by season, kind of like Gran Turismo do.

My suggestion:

1 league race a week.

12 league races per season. 

Points for places. 

Final league table will take your top 9 points from 12 races.

You have to pick one car manufacturer at the beginning of each season which will the one you use for all FG league races that season.

I can share the planned tracks and power levels in advance of each season and share results on a weekly basis.

Grand Final at the end of the year between the podium winners of each season, which will tally points from all seasons and the final to crown the FG Champion.

Let me have your thoughts or alternative ideas. I'd need at least 7 or 8 of us onboard to make this worth doing, so let me know.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

It's racing so you know I'm down for this.

A couple of questions spring to mind though;

Is this on top of the Tuesday races or will this league race replace a Tuesday race? Tuesday's is a race for fun night where anyone can join but it makes sense for a league to have fixed entries.  It makes sense to factor in someone might miss a race or 2 but less so that someone may only enter a race or 2. 

I assume by choosing a manufacturer, we would be racing different classes throughout the league? If we're sticking to a similar style to the official GT Sport manufacturers cup, will this be just Gr3 and Gr4? As not every manufacturer has a car in each - Alfa Romeo springs to mind as they have the 4C in Gr4 but not Gr3 car.  The vast majority do though so not really an issue but worth noting.

You mention sharing power levels? Are you planning on specific restrictions other than the standard BoP?

Can you explain the grand final thing a bit more?  So the points through the 12 race season only count for entry in to the grand finale race? Or do the points give a season champion but the grand finale is similar to the race of champions, where you get all the individual season champions together to decide a champion of champions so to speak?

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

By power levels I mean classes, we are sticking to BOP. And yes, will be doing more than Gr.3 or Gr.4.

I was thinking of making one of the Tuesday night races a league race as we can do 2 other races that aren't league...but open to other preferences.

Each season will have a an FG Champion but first to third each season will also receive Grand Final points that contribute to the end of year Grand Final tally. But everyone gets to race in the Grand Final. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm very much up for this, and we would need to make sure that we have enough available manufacturers for each class.

I would also note that some manufacturers have better suited or stronger cars, for example Peugeot have the RCZ in both Gr.3 and Gr.4 and both are strong cars. How can we ensure that there is a fair distribution of cars, or do we give Greebs the shit ones? Just a thought.

When Greebs eventually wins this, do we have sufficient levels of anti-smug available in reserve stock?

What are the rules for smashing into people? Asking for a friend.

It’s easy enough to find a list of cars in game so stick them in a spreadsheet and you could quickly work out which manufactures have a car in the desired classes.

That’s going to be the interesting choice though.  The balancing of the cars in each class and which overall is the ‘best’.  The gr4 Peugeot is great but rarely the fastest in gr3.  Between those 2 classes alone it would be tough choice between Peugeot, Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Jaguar and Lexus (maybe more as I can’t remember every car in the game). Add in other classes and it becomes a much finer balancing act,

Have I been smug? I’ve been a dick but I like to think I’m a consistent dick; win or lose.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

It’s easy enough to find a list of cars in game so stick them in a spreadsheet and you could quickly work out which manufactures have a car in the desired classes.

That’s going to be the interesting choice though.  The balancing of the cars in each class and which overall is the ‘best’.  The gr4 Peugeot is great but rarely the fastest in gr3.  Between those 2 classes alone it would be tough choice between Peugeot, Audi, Toyota, Porsche, Jaguar and Lexus (maybe more as I can’t remember every car in the game). Add in other classes and it becomes a much finer balancing act,

Have I been smug? I’ve been a dick but I like to think I’m a consistent dick; win or lose.

Indeed, and to answer you and @Mikepjbell at once on this, like Mr Smug😅 says, the RCZ isn't all that in Gr.3......and it's like across the board with all car makers.

I have no problem with everyone choosing the same manufacturer, although that's kind of boring ha ha.

And no, @Grebothyou're always a consistent dick but you've never swung it about 🥰

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, slamminbones said:

Cracking idea and I can't see an issue with numbers. 

Thanks man, we do tend to get in the region of 10 players on a Tuesday, and possibly more, just want to know how many actually can be arsed to do the league🤪

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well, of course you know my answer 😄

We've tried a few times for mini-leagues like this and they've always fell by the way side because of timing and commitment. The idea of doing one race on a Tuesday that is connected to this makes perfect sense in my mind. That way people can still have a good time around that race learning more tracks and cars like we always do.

Annoyingly, our Tournament application might not be able to do one where we all play in the same race (its more set up to play team vs. team) but that's not a dealbreaker, we can still find ways to show this off each week if i can't get it to work.

As for the guidelines to follow, i'm cool with all of that you've said. Would make it more interesting for sure. If we all have the same attitude we all do on the weekly races then it will be even more fun. Great shout @phil bottle!