Cyberpunks Failures

J4MES OX4D

One of the most anticipated YouTube videos finally released with nearly 500,000 views in 4 hours. This is an exceptional breakdown of Cyberpunk and the one video CDPR were truly fearing but gamers were wanting. 40 minutes long but a fantastic watch and lots of unseen footage and critique. A lot of work has gone into this so enjoy!

19 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

One of the most anticipated YouTube videos finally released with nearly 500,000 views in 4 hours. This is an exceptional breakdown of Cyberpunk and the one video CDPR were truly fearing but gamers were wanting. 40 minutes long but a fantastic watch and lots of unseen footage and critique. A lot of work has gone into this so enjoy!

Good video. I personally didn't check much of the hype or promises that had been made. I now look at all these features they promised and I'm gobsmacked they had the nerve to release it without any of the things they said. 

I was aware it was supposed to be an RPG set in a CyberPunk universe. That sounded cool and was good enough for me.

But it's not an RPG in any shape or form. It pretends to be. Gives you choices, which are apparently meaningless and have zero impact, with zero consequences. You collect a lot of useless tat, is that what they think an RPG is?

The comparison to GTA, old GTA games even, was also a killer. It looks like CDPR didn't even try with the AI. It's piss poor.

Which is a shame, there's plenty to like and enjoy for sure but aside from bug fixes I can't see them ever delivering the game they said they would. It's a shell of what it could have been. What a waste.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The video below does an amazing job at going through all the reasons of why the game has failed in almost every aspect. With comparisons to other games, footage from the marketing compaign compared to actual gameplay. The video really shows you how bad they actually messed up. And how the marketing team did an amazing job of covering it up

cba

2 minutes ago, LordBaguette said:

The video below does an amazing job at going through all the reasons of why the game has failed in almost every aspect. With comparisons to other games, footage from the marketing compaign compared to actual gameplay. The video really shows you how bad they actually messed up. And how the marketing team did an amazing job of covering it up

There's already a thread on this particular video so I'll see if I can merge them.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

The comparison to the lego games made me laugh haha

What an absolute joke. This should make everyone never preorder anything ever again. If CD Projekt do get away with it in court, then they win due to the vast amounts of preorders. This needs to stop for all future games to force companies to make bette products

cba

17 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The comparison to GTA, old GTA games even, was also a killer. It looks like CDPR didn't even try with the AI. It's piss poor.

The comparisons really do put things into perspective and the real eye-opener is how much the individual developers exaggerated, mislead or outright lied right the way up to release in regards to certain features. There is also enough content for a part 2! 

Crowbcat's videos are amazing because he doesn't say anything - it's all raw material gathered from the developers and the community whether visual or verbal. Everything is then laid out to be scrutinised leaving no stone untouched. 

6 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The comparisons really do put things into perspective and the real eye-opener is how much the individual developers exaggerated, mislead or outright lied right the way up to release in regards to certain features. There is also enough content for a part 2! 

Crowbcat's videos are amazing because he doesn't say anything - it's all raw material gathered from the developers and the community whether visual or verbal. Everything is then laid out to be scrutinised leaving no stone untouched. 

The bit where the guys in the wheelchair, and he punches him, then stands up he runs away had me in stitches hahaha

cba