GT Sport - Tuesday tracks

phil bottle

So, next week's tracks have been announced and they're not great, so I'm suggesting we choose our own tracks instead. 

Next week it's a Gr.4 at Lago Maggiore and a Gr.1 at Spa.

My suggestions are:

Blue Moon

Gr. 3

Loads of laps

Sardenga Road Track (a or b)

Gr.4

7 laps

Kyoto Driving Park - Y&M

4 or 5 laps 

But that's just suggestions. Would be good to sort so we know what to practice. I'll raise it tonight during GTA.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Possibly the Nurburgring Race track perhaps? Don't think i've really raced that at all.

Maybe for one of the following weeks it would be good to go back to Kyoto but with Gr.3 cars. I think i'll struggle but faster cars on that winding track might make for plenty of passing and opportunities for an interesting race.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

This coming week's Gran Turismo dailies will be:

Gr.4 Tsukuba- I shit ye not😁

Gr.3 Mount Panorama - which will be mental

And our own choice for race 3 will be in the wets. Choice of track between Red Bull Ring and Tokyo Expressway. Let me know what you prefer.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Gr4 Tsukuba will be such a fast lap!  and Mount Panorama, after 2 rage tracks this week it's good to have another one 😄

Is race 3 going to be the wet race? Both tracks are OTT for penalties so I don't care which way we go on that race.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

2 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Gr4 Tsukuba will be such a fast lap!  and Mount Panorama, after 2 rage tracks this week it's good to have another one 😄

Is race 3 going to be the wet race? Both tracks are OTT for penalties so I don't care which way we go on that race.

Yeah I might have to turn penalties off for race 3🙂😅

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Next week's dailies are a bit meh, so I've chosen two alternatives. Happy to change if anyone has any strong feelings. Can try the wet race after if we get races started from 8.30. 

I'll open lobby from 7.30pm if anyone wants to warm up.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

@phil bottle request this week please:

First race Qualify as per usual, with maybe a Grid Start if everyone is cool with that.

Second race, no qualifying and a reverse grid order based on the finishing results of the first race.

@JBR-Kiwi 's great shout means that it brings other people into the races that have been struggling at the back for a little bit and it will definitely give us a different type of racing week. I think I wouldn't want anyone who's at the slowere speeds for a number of weeks to get disinterested in the game this early when we've only really got this going properly this year imo. Let me know what you think honestly please - not just Phil too.

Can I make a suggestion on race format? 

Reverse grids:

Can we make one of the races each week a reverse grid, maybe the first race on Tuesday nights? Maybe that would enable those who aren't on as much or haven't been able to practice to at least start from the front or close to? That would also give a challenge for the rest of us to try and go through the field cleanly, unless you're me of course. 

I was planning to reverse grids for the league races if that's any help? This means at least one race is a reverse grid of the previous week's league race.

Grid starts for all races? No problem 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

20 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

Grid starts for all races? No problem 🙂

Mix them up. I'm fine with Grid Starts and rolling starts. I think its more to keep it fresh and also some tracks won't work with rolling starts dude to the fact we have so many racing (which is ace btw). Rolling starts still work on some tracks so don't lose it completely, I trust your judgement on which tracks to do it on matey 😘

Also, I said this when it was mentioned online last week - The reverse grid is a great way to keep people engaged when they might be getting a bit disheartened from finishing lower down for a number of weeks. However, I wouldn't change much else though e.g. boosting on, etc, because we play Wreckfest and GTA where those types of games literally are no rules barred. GT Sport has become the great equaliser and balance to the racing here at FG so it has to remain true to its full out pace and race battling best.

I'm not saying reverse Qualifying though as there's no incentive to race around a track for 10 minutes where a mistake is a positive thing. Best way to do this is trial and error though and if we find it doesn't work very well, the format we have at the moment is still extremely good and not broken at all imo.

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Mix them up. I'm fine with Grid Starts and rolling starts. I think its more to keep it fresh and also some tracks won't work with rolling starts dude to the fact we have so many racing (which is ace btw). Rolling starts still work on some tracks so don't lose it completely, I trust your judgement on which tracks to do it on matey 😘

Also, I said this when it was mentioned online last week - The reverse grid is a great way to keep people engaged when they might be getting a bit disheartened from finishing lower down for a number of weeks. However, I wouldn't change much else though e.g. boosting on, etc, because we play Wreckfest and GTA where those types of games literally are no rules barred. GT Sport has become the great equaliser and balance to the racing here at FG so it has to remain true to its full out pace and race battling best.

I'm not saying reverse Qualifying though as there's no incentive to race around a track for 10 minutes where a mistake is a positive thing. Best way to do this is trial and error though and if we find it doesn't work very well, the format we have at the moment is still extremely good and not broken at all imo.

I agree. We can make race 2 a reverse grid of race 1 and no qualifying for race 2 means we'll be able to start it sooner too. Nothing is getting changed that would make it arcadey.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

As I've finally got an opportunity to come last in your Tuesday races this week what do I need to try before then? 

I've pretty much only done arcade at this point I tried a couple of daily races but I've no real clue where you get some of the races and settings from. Hopefully I'll at least get this sorted on Tues.

5 minutes ago, techno said:

As I've finally got an opportunity to come last in your Tuesday races this week what do I need to try before then? 

I've pretty much only done arcade at this point I tried a couple of daily races but I've no real clue where you get some of the races and settings from. Hopefully I'll at least get this sorted on Tues.

Don't be too hasty, you've not seen how these go to think you're guaranteed last!

Its all about getting some laps on those tracks that Phil has put up on the event for Tuesday. I might be practicing tonight and maybe tomorrow so we can share a lobby where we can have the same settings as what it will be on Tuesday. If you're on your own when your online, then its about going to 'Lobby' and creating your own private lobby and selecting the relevant settings and the track in question. Any detail on it you're not too sure of @phil bottle or @Greboth can answer what exactly should the answer be on the lobby settings.

27 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Don't be too hasty, you've not seen how these go to think you're guaranteed last!

Its all about getting some laps on those tracks that Phil has put up on the event for Tuesday. I might be practicing tonight and maybe tomorrow so we can share a lobby where we can have the same settings as what it will be on Tuesday. If you're on your own when your online, then its about going to 'Lobby' and creating your own private lobby and selecting the relevant settings and the track in question. Any detail on it you're not too sure of @phil bottle or @Greboth can answer what exactly should the answer be on the lobby settings.

Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow the info on setting up the lobby is what I was after. I'll be on (Sun) so will have a look. 

As for coming last 😂 I'm definitely interested in seeing where I can get/ come against others. 

I’m happy to go with reverse grids based on the result of the first race.  Though if we’re going down that route, I’d say the first race should always be the sprint race with the reverse grid taking place on the longer race.  As I think a reverse grid with a small number of laps has the potential to be a bit of a cluster.

Though maybe that’s the dick in me wanting more laps to get as many positions back as possible 😆

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

34 minutes ago, Greboth said:

I’m happy to go with reverse grids based on the result of the first race.  Though if we’re going down that route, I’d say the first race should always be the sprint race with the reverse grid taking place on the longer race.  As I think a reverse grid with a small number of laps has the potential to be a bit of a cluster.

Though maybe that’s the dick in me wanting more laps to get as many positions back as possible 😆

I'll bear it in mind. Not you being a dick, that goes without saying. This Tuesday while the second race is only 3 laps, its 3 long laps, so if you manage to do ok in race 1 I think you'll have a nice challenge in race 2 🙂

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Next week's dailies should be announced at some point today.

In the meantime let me know if there are any requests.

Might make the 3rd race a one lap in a N100 around the Nordschleife or another wet race but this time at Red Bull but happy to accommodate requests.

@LordBaguette was asking last week about race choices, we generally base them on that week's Gran Turismo dailies unless they're a bit shite. 

Aiming to have a calendar up this evening.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg