New Star Wars open world game...... 😳

Macca89

It's Official.... Ubisoft now have the rights to make an open world Star Wars game. 

I'm sure after the recent success of The Mandalorian that this is awesome news for all us Star Wars fans. 

Genuinely am so excited for this 😁what do you think? 

Screenshot_20210113_142612.jpg

Yay for it being taking away from EA.

Not so sure I'm thrilled with it being Ubisoft, as I don't think there's been anything in their repertoire that shows they can do it justice.

Major studios don't have it in them. Small studios that actually think about creating games with rich storylines... that's been the shining, flickering light in games during these dark ages of games.

I want to enthused about this but i'm not a Star Wars fan (don't hate it, just never really got into the films issall). BUT I know that everyone ploughs money behind Star Wars games and I have enjoyed the games that i have either watched or played in the past.

Its a great concept to have a game in open world, poossibly one of the best spaces from a story perspective to use for an open world so only time will tell how quickly we'll get it.

20 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'd be very excited but for one word.

Ubisoft.

Will be Valhalla with a new skin, and a few people will be sexually abused during production, going by their recent form 😅

I don't think Ubisoft are any way near the worst anymore. They make mistakes with some games like Ghost Recon Wildlands but then they've kept Rainbow 6 going extremely well and Valhalla, for me, is a superb game with a great open world.

18 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Ubisoft reuse some Assassin's Creed assets for this😂

Hope they do. It'll hopefully mean development time won't be as long 6-7 years which we normally have to wait for and like I say above, there are far worse games to take assets and characteristics from.

Btw, I see The Division 2 director Julian Gerighty is the Director for this - which bodes well as Division 2 was a super solid game and given the right resources over a longer period of time it could easily turn into a live service maintainable game.

Overall, sounds like a little hype train could easily get going for this. Choo Choo.

The guys who run Ubisoft are scum of the earth. The boys at the top I refer to, rather than the actual workers and folk who do the good shit. I still buy Ubisoft games, but i wont pretend that the culture at the top of the company doesn't make me sick.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

3 hours ago, phil bottle said:

The guys who run Ubisoft are scum of the earth. The boys at the top I refer to, rather than the actual workers and folk who do the good shit. I still buy Ubisoft games, but i wont pretend that the culture at the top of the company doesn't make me sick.

Thats fair as I'm not on about them either. The Director seems decent after following him about The Division 2 over the years. The French side of Ubisoft tend to deliver the good shit from there.

1 hour ago, Greboth said:

EA have done the shooter versions of Star Wars.  It would cool to see something different, maybe like new KOTOR?

I'd be down with that. I missed that boat when it came out years ago but watched playthroughs at the time and I can see how it could be popular now.