GTS tips and etiquette

phil bottle

Anyone can add to this but here's a few things for new players to take note. First some tips, them some etiquette.

Tips

Cars cost money. Money is gained by driving. Simple.

In Campaign you can choose between GT League, Driving School, Mission Challenge, Circuit Experience.

I'd do Circuit Experience first as it provides money. Mission Challenge and Driving School will give you free cars after various stages.

Every day you play the game, you will be given a free car, so long as you drive a minimum 26 miles.

Etiquette 

There's a quick tutorial in the Sport section. It's a requirement before you're allowed to race online.

FG Etiquette 

Don't be a cunt. That's all.

Ok...

If you bump an opponent unfairly and it costs them time, ideally you should slow down and wait for them.

Try not to dive bomb unless you are abreast or close enough to make it legit, then you are within your rights to try a pass.

Try your best not to ruin anyone's race.

We play tough but fair, its not GTA, even if your name is Mike.😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I use Kudosprime to find Gran Turismo information and stats. I'll link the car stats and prices list below but you can also use the site to track your progress in the online daily races.

WWW.KUDOSPRIME.COM

Car List Gran Turismo Sport | kudosprime.com Gran Turismo 6 cars list, interactive database: car...

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

TCS is a good idea to begin with but when your comfortable with it’s worth turning it down.  Depending on the car, I’d say off or 1 should be the aim.

The only tip I can think to add is turn off cones / markers / racing line.  They can be helpful if you have no experience of a track but quickly become a hindrance as you don’t actually learn a track.  Drive the first few laps with it on but note where they are using the marker boards or things around the circuit such as the marked holes in barriers, start of kerbs, flag indicators, trees etc.

You can also combine these to build up a map of the track in your head giving you a better idea of braking points if your in another cars tow or off line trying an overtake or defending.  It will also help when you drive a track you know in a different class.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Watch out for early braking.

If you're in someone's slipstream and you're approaching a braking point, consider that you'll already be carrying more speed than the person in front, and that person my not brake as late as you. Sometimes it's best to lift off slightly before the braking point if you don't intend on overtaking the person in front, and instead aim to take the corner cleanly so you get a good run out of the corner. 

You won't win the race in the first corner. Aim to stay out of trouble in the first corner, pick a clean line and allow other drivers to make mistakes. This is particularly relevant in the public online modes. 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, Greboth said:

but note where they are using the marker boards or things around the circuit such as the marked holes in barriers, start of kerbs, flag indicators, trees etc.

One of the biggest tips this is. When we practice at the start of each race, I try to zone out and focus on my own sector times. You can change to see this in the bottom right hand corner by using right or left on the D-pad. By breaking the track down into sectors and using what Greebs says above it can make a huge difference. It also gives you mini goals to achieve as the Optimum time (OPT) is also shown so you know that if you put the best sectors together there is potentially to go faster because you genuinely have.

3 hours ago, Mikepjbell said:

You won't win the race in the first corner. Aim to stay out of trouble in the first corner, pick a clean line and allow other drivers to make mistakes. This is particularly relevant in the public online modes. 

You can't, even if it is hugely tempting. A race in GT SPort isn't won on the first corner, unlike some F1 races you see in real life. As you get more comfortable with the game you can start to focus on more things other than yourself, but never underestimate the importance of focusing on getting everything right in what you do, not others.